Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Giant troll statues, pets and game keys for Beautiful Desolation + PoE2

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Beautiful Desolation; Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire; The Brotherhood

We are privileged to be running two campaigns at the moment. The first, our Beautifully Desolate campaign from the adventure game guys who brought you STASIS.

Our target is to get some kind of a thing, possibly giant troll statue, into the game. Our target is $2,199 but:

Pyke: Heres a deal - no matter how much you raise (even if its not the full amount), if you pledge it to the campaign we will meet the community reward. You're getting your statue!​

So we're there already, yay! However, you can still donate to our campaign and guarantee yourself a game key if you donate at least $19. And because of our wonderful support over the years, Pyke has also said there'll be a few extra game keys in there too. So donate at least $19 to guarantee yourself a game key, but something a bit less might still leave you with a chance of scoring a copy too.

Check the game's details out here, and have a pretty picture because I know you're all secretly graphics whores:

693aCpU.gif

In other news, we're also now running a campaign for Pillows of Eternity 2: Josh Sawyer's Wet Dream Pet Adventure. Obsidian have said it's the same deal as with the Fig campaign. Our target is at least $500 but if we raise more:

$500 Name a Pet
$750 Create an Item
$1,000 Two Pets??
$1,500 Be an NPC
$1,750 Portrait In-Game
$2,000 Super Pet
$5,000 Build a Pirate Party
$10,000 Josh Sawyer private strip tease​ (I will film this and make it digitally available to all our backers!)​

Likewise, donating through our campaign not only gets rpgcodex.net in the credits (maximum butthurt achieved) but $29+ gets you a Digital Key, and $45+ gets you the Premium Digital​ tier. Check out the Fig page for what that entails. As we're donating via PayPal, this campaign will run a little longer than the official Fig campaign too.

Now give us all your monies!

aratuk

Cipher
Very generous of you, Pyke, but Codex should not be given a statue unless Codex earns it. Now there's less of an incentive to not give money to that other game!

Oh well, desolation always prevails. Law of entropy, & whatnot.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Hmm, might have to change my pledge from Kickstarter to the Codex for BD.

We should take bets on how low the PoE2 campaign will reach. The 500$ target is appropriate lol

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Now give us all your monies!

Yes, sir, immediately, sir. In a recent period of self-reflection I realised that I don't play games any more and the only reason I come to the Codex is to aid in the spreading of butthurt and the generation of drama wherever possible. This knowledge has set me free, and all my money is DU's for the squandering.

Also, hey, PoE2 might be good, right?

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Very generous of you, Pyke, but Codex should not be given a statue unless Codex earns it. Now there's less of an incentive to not give money to that other game!

Oh well, desolation always prevails. Law of entropy, & whatnot.

The incentive can be like...helping the little guy prevail! Or something.
I could always say that the SIZE of the statue('s phallus) is dependent on the amount of money received.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Codexian Pirate Party for PoE2 would be funny but I think we should raise at least enough for the backer portrait. In that case, we should ask Sensuki or Darth Roxor if we could put their portraits into the game as the most meta Codexian contribution to the game thats virtually possible.

Roxor would make a good barbarian, Sensuki would make a good elf. :D You know you want it!

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Regarding POE2, wasn't there the option to crate your own inn? The RPG Codex inn sounds cool.

Inn and island are sold out on Fig which is why DU put the pirate party at that tier -- but if we manage to actually get there, I'd say any of those could be possible, depending on the popular preference.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom