Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Giant troll statues, pets and game keys for Beautiful Desolation + PoE2

Septaryeth

Augur
But to humiliate a game dev into stripping for the Codex is...
Very generous of you, Pyke, but Codex should not be given a statue unless Codex earns it. Now there's less of an incentive to not give money to that other game!

Oh well, desolation always prevails. Law of entropy, & whatnot.

The incentive can be like...helping the little guy prevail! Or something.
I could always say that the SIZE of the statue('s phallus) is dependent on the amount of money received.

Sounds like those filthy, disgusting and dodgy patreon character projects where the patrons vote to change the shape and size of a particular body part.

:takemymoney::takemymoney::takemymoney:

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
...Why Africa though?

Im African - so it seemed fitting. :D
But a few other reasons! We are using photogrammetry and living here gives us access to some really cool an unique looking natural environments to capture. I also really wanted to make something different in the post apoc genre - and combining an African design aesthetic with the styling of Mad Max is something I haven't really seen done.
There are also so many awesome post apoc games, films and comics out there that its hard to not come off as derivative - so trying to find a new 'blend' is a good way to go. The Witcher devs took the same approach in a fantasy take on Polish lore and culture and it worked exceptionally well in putting a new spin on an old idea.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I could always say that the SIZE of the statue('s phallus) is dependent on the amount of money received.

Pyke, you seem a little bit over-eager to get a massive dick into this game. Getting the Codex to fund it is pure genius. :obviously:
I can easily imagine the following discussion taking place during the development:

Nicolas: Hey Chris, the animations are lagging three weeks behind the schedule, can you speed that up a bit, please?

*sound of a zipper being pulled up*

Pyke: ...

Nicolas: My God! Don't tell me you've been sculpting that penis again!

Pyke (voice breaking): But it's a backer statue!

Last edited:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Pyke, you seem a little bit over-eager to get a massive dick into this game. Getting the Codex to fund it is pure genius. :obviously:
I can easily imagine the following discussion taking place during the development:

Nicolas: Hey Chris, the animations are lagging three weeks behind the schedule, can you speed that up that a bit, please?

*sound of a zipper being pulled up*

Pyke: ...

Nicolas: My God! Don't tell me you've been sculpting that penis again!

Pyke (voice breaking): But it's a backer statue!

But it needs to be multi-headed! ONE DICK IS NOT ENOUGH!

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
PoE2 Update: Codexian pet is in. Can we make it two pets??

Fuck you DU. I gave 50 bucks to the last one and wasn't in the Codex letter in the damn game!

You sure about that? I just checked and you were on the list (and should've been in-game) as "The Rogue Menace." We definitely submitted your name to Obsidian along with the others. Are you, like, really 100% white sure you weren't included? And if so, why didn't you tell us sooner?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
PoE2 Update: Codexian pet is in. Can we make it two pets??

Fuck you DU. I gave 50 bucks to the last one and wasn't in the Codex letter in the damn game!

You sure about that? I just checked and you were on the list (and should've been in-game) as "The Rogue Menace." We definitely submitted your name to Obsidian along with the others. Are you, like, really 100% white sure you weren't included? And if so, why didn't you tell us sooner?

Damn! That's why I didn't notice! It should be 'Rouge Menace'. No wonder I didn't recognise it. That's what happens when you try and be smart and not put the obvious 'Red Menace' I guess. Nah, thought it would be more cryptic by using the French word which would actually still appear as 'rogue' to the quick skimmer. '2deep4u' ended up just confusing. Seems that somewhere down the line someone transcribed it as 'rogue' instead from the start.

PS. I did grumble sooner, but maybe not loud enough. Back then might have been a chance to get a spelling update in a patch. Oh well, since you guys did your share and somewhere the chain got confused(no-ones fault) I'll probably end up adding some coin to this one as well. Thanks Bee and DU.

Last edited:

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Rouge Menace

:lol:

Horizontal_1.jpg

Such menace!

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Rogue vs Rouge was actually a big discussion spanning many topics on some NWN and DnD forums.

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Is this Obshitian funding going extra slow or what?

Adventure game though: TOTAL: $1,363.50

Cancer: TOTAL:
$727.00

More donations are needed to get to the goal for Beautiful Desolation. At least it will have better game play and story than Pilllows.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

$727.00

More donations are needed to get to the goal for Beautiful Desolation. At least it will have better game play and story than Pilllows.
Well, the campaign description flat out says that Pyke promised to whore his game out for whatever meager amount we manage to raise, so we've already won.

Septaryeth

Augur

$727.00

Well, the campaign description flat out says that Pyke promised to whore his game out for whatever meager amount we manage to raise, so we've already won.

:what:

I was going to rant how the campaign only raised about 60% of the target, which might suggested that the Codex's dick is only the average size, or half the size of what it could be.
I only checked the campaign like yesterday, or the day before that.
How the hell did it jumped all the way to 101%?

Anyway...

:excellent:

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
The "anonymous" donation at the top is from 4-Feb-2017 though.
But I guess it would take time to verify someone throwing in $1000.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom