Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Give newbies permission for the beg thread plz

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I noticed that there was a subforum dedicated for begging threads for a short period of time which I could visit. But now everything seems to be unavailable for me, the old thread in GG being a dead link.
Please give me back that access, since I was an active member there (and I gifted way more than I asked for). TY <3

sbb

Learned
making newfags like me wait for access to a thread that gives me literally free video games willy nilly isn't absurd. considering i scored wasteland 2 and witcher 2 before my operation was shut down, i'd say that shit is too hot for the masses

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Let's make a beg thread for access to the beg forum.
We must go deeper.
INTO THE DUNGEON, MOTHERFUCKERS!
No, really. Deeper!
And... deeper?
What the fuck are you still doing there?
Wait! One more spoiler and you will get boobs!
images

Zdzisiu

Arcane
No no, just make the newfags make a sufficient free games offering to access the gifstravaganza subforum!

Or just pay money for patron status, that works too.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
So, DU took your money and you can't even beg? He truly is the evil we deserve!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Beg thread is the same ten or so people mooching games constantly and not giving anything back. Don't see the harm in letting new posters there.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Poor thing... here: CM3HY-26VYW-6JRYC-X66GX-JVY2D

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I can manually give people access but yeah, it's default group is the 12 months membership group. So Patron status alone isn't enough. I am willing to hear cases for exceptions.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Make them wait two years. Or three. There's enough riff-raff in here already. If they pay for the premium codex experience (I have no idea what the tiers are) then they only have to wait a year. Sounds reasonable to me.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I can manually give people access but yeah, it's default group is the 12 months membership group. So Patron status alone isn't enough. I am willing to hear cases for exceptions.
Grant Snorkack access, block himmy's access. Balances out.

A horse of course

Access to the beg subfora should be limited to poasters who have made significant contributions to the RPGCodex community, such as myself.

kazgar

Arcane
Access to the beg subfora should be limited to poasters who have made significant contributions to the RPGCodex community, such as myself.

"Ed123: Anyone want this game?"
"Ed123: Sure, i've been looking for that!"
"Ed123: No problems, happy to buy it on steam for you, Mr Upstanding citizen Ed123, what's your steam profile so I can gift it?"
"Ed123: Its Ed123!"
"Ed123: ..and Gifted! Enjoy your copy of Secret of the Magic Crystals, Ed123"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom