Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

T. Reich

Arcane
Oh yeah, this reminds me. Where the fuck are all the suppressors? I'm playing on Realistic, if that matters. I'm at Hong Kong and have yet to find a single one.

The first silencer is in Paul's masturbatorium (right before the UNATCO raid I believe), the second is in the Hong Kong shop for 2500 credits, and the third is behind a locked door in the superfreighter (courtesy of Ash on the GMDX discord).
Oh right, shit. I forgot to check that place. I'm still in Hong Kong, what shop are you talking about?

One of the locked shops by the RUCKY MONEY entrance.
One of GMDX mods that Ash implemented is that some of the street shops in HK and Paris (IIRC there are none in NY) now have locked cells with various goodies, that can either be lockpicked or interacted with to be unlocked with your credits.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Oh yeah, this reminds me. Where the fuck are all the suppressors? I'm playing on Realistic, if that matters. I'm at Hong Kong and have yet to find a single one.

The first silencer is in Paul's masturbatorium (right before the UNATCO raid I believe), the second is in the Hong Kong shop for 2500 credits, and the third is behind a locked door in the superfreighter (courtesy of Ash on the GMDX discord).
Oh right, shit. I forgot to check that place. I'm still in Hong Kong, what shop are you talking about?

One of the locked shops by the RUCKY MONEY entrance.
One of GMDX mods that Ash implemented is that some of the street shops in HK and Paris (IIRC there are none in NY) now have locked cells with various goodies, that can either be lockpicked or interacted with to be unlocked with your credits.
Yeah I just found it. Isn't worth it too much because I can do stealth killing with crossbow or stealth pistol anyway.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Think I just found a bug with the full auto mod. I put it on my Stealth Pistol and it fired pretty fast, but when I changed ammo type to AP it was still full auto as in when I held down M1 it kept firing, but fire rate was considerably slower. When I changed it back to normal ammo nothing happened. The same does not happen with the Striker.

Ash

Arcane
Thanks for the report and accompanying video.

Laser mods: yes, there's plenty.

---

Arcane
Not really worth, the Dragon Tooth Sword :/
To properly smash locks you have to master the Low-Tech skill (otherwise the damage is below 50, which is the most common damage thresold), and at least purchase the "Doorsman" perk. Also, on hardcore mode enemies hit hard, so melee isn't really a good choice.

Mastering lockpicking is way cheaper and simpler.

If you're not going cloak/energy transference I would agree. Hardcore is, well, hardcore about alerting the whole area and swarming you as soon as you are spotted, not good for melee.

Ash

Arcane
^Bug's already fixed, to be available next (and final) patch.

DTS/Melee: Melee is still very viable and very worth it, even on hardcore.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
You mean final patch altogether or just for this version?

Anyway I'm done with the game myself, I suppose I'll toss in my few cents.
10mm AP ammo is essentially useless. It doesn't have enough damage to kill bots reliably, I just took out some turrets, cams and spiderbots myself with it but it takes so many shots to kill them with my highly upgraded Stealth Pistol so I ran out of ammo fast anyway.
I still don't like the guns too much. Shotguns deal too much damage at long range and too little at close range. Headshots are still insane with both but it has a weird balance to it. I also couldn't add accuracy mods to them and I'm pretty sure I could in vanilla. I guess that's balance but I still dislike it as it makes the Sawed Off rather terrible with it's low ROF, mag size, damage and accuracy, if your headshot doesn't happen to kill with it then you have an insanely long pump time to get the other shell in and by that time you probably have taken a lot of damage already.
The stealth pistol is awful and MJ12 Elites are too strong. It really shouldn't take 2 headshots to kill them with it and tranqs to the head should be an instant knock out, in my opinion anyway.
I don't know if you changed the skill point gains any, but I found that I had too many at the end of the game. I had most things on trained, advanced or mastered.
AI is still weird. If I kill someone with a silent weapon and some other guards are near the one I killed they somehow know where I shot that from and aim at me through walls (which I can see with my sonar) and usually prefer camping where they were instead of advancing to attack or scout.
I would still like to see the weird pseudo-burst thing with the assault rifle changed to full auto plain and simple, the AR in the game is rather trash.
I would also like the ability to place explosives on the ground instead of walls only, it would have made some portions of the game a bit more interesting to play around with.
Why is it that turrets are disabled temporarily with EMPs while robots are disabled permanently? I just think that's weird.

I think that's all I have to bitch about at the moment.

chobbes

Educated
Ash

Ash, I've been playing GMDX v9.0.2

1. In "Prison Escape", I can't find my GEP Gun in the Armory, even though it was in my inventory earlier.
All my other weapons are accounted for, except maybe I had fewer throwing knives than before.

General Carter doesn't have a GEP Gun in his own room also.
Is there another place where I can get another GEP Gun?

2. Will you consider adding skill points awarded for each bot destroyed (a la Shifter mod) ?

Thanks.

---

Arcane
In the Versalife building, at the beginning of Hong Kong level (right after the escape from Unatco HQ), there should be two guards which use GEP guns.

Acleacius

Novice
Thanks for all your work on this great mod!

Is there something I could have done during installation to break Cloak or is it possibly a bug, it's not working? I.e. the sound works, standing in front of a mirror, seeing hand invisible, but the Light meter still shows completely visible and enemies see through it. I even activated bcheatsenabled true and tried 'invisible', still not working. I also checked to see if there was a setting in any of the .ini files.

Ash

Arcane
Just like vanilla, enemies in the combat state ignore cloak. It only prevents unaware NPCs from seeing you. Unintuitive and unrealistic? Yes. But balance-wise it's good, as the ability to turn invisible on demand is an incredibly powerful thing.
Even firing a weapon while invisible will alert them and break cloak, beware that too. Even silenced weapons aren't entirely safe to use unless you kill them fast.

I always assumed that alerted enemies turned on some kind of vision mod to see cloaked players. You only get cloak around the point where everyone you are fighting is MJ12 and so on. It only makes sense that they have some kind of counter. It's not like JC is the first to get cloak, mechs have it. Their line of work means they expect augmented agents to be a possible enemy.

You can still take down targets when the rest of the room has their backs turned. As long as they don't see the actual action they won't turn on the anti-cloak vision. Might be a possible AI improvement for harder difficulties, Ash?

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
"I always assumed that alerted enemies turned on some kind of vision mod to see cloaked players."

Even greasels, karkians, dogs and human NPCs without visors (e.g Sailors and Chinese MP on the Superfreighter mission)?

Hmm, alright. Don't think I've really used cloak against most non-humans, dogs get tranqed and the rest get heavy ordinance or simply avoided. And I forgot about the sailors and that you meet the chinese again after Hong Kong.

Cloak does still have a partial visibility aspect when other NPCs use it, I guess alerted enemies could notice that. Though it makes no sense that they are still perfectly accurate aimbots able to locate you across a level.

Acleacius

Novice
Just like vanilla, enemies in the combat state ignore cloak. It only prevents unaware NPCs from seeing you. Unintuitive and unrealistic? Yes. But balance-wise it's good, as the ability to turn invisible on demand is an incredibly powerful thing.
Even firing a weapon while invisible will alert them and break cloak, beware that too. Even silenced weapons aren't entirely safe to use unless you kill them fast.
Thanks for the replies. Interesting, is there a notarget command? I would like to test this, it seems odd that even, invisible command doesn't work.

Last edited:

Acleacius

Novice
Thanks, I must be remembering it wrong. I thought invisibility wasn't working whether a weapon was fired or not. I'll give it another check when I get back to the computer.

Edit: Ooc, is there a way to make bcheatsenabled true in one of the ini files? It doesn't seem to be working.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
10mm AP ammo is essentially useless. It doesn't have enough damage to kill bots reliably, I just took out some turrets, cams and spiderbots myself with it but it takes so many shots to kill them with my highly upgraded Stealth Pistol so I ran out of ammo fast anyway.
As far as I remember stealth pistol was bad for damage even in original game, default pistol is the way to go with mods.

Fixed my desktop after 2 years or something, but have no time for two weeks drop out sadly, because non-lethal HC playthrough require time. Or was my playthrough HC? I'll check.

Great work, as before Ash!

Ash

Arcane
Alright, I'll be releasing the final patch for this in the coming weeks. Are there any legitimate flaws in need of addressing before then?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom