Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

Greatness

Cipher
Uh.. props for your work and all, but why are you demanding help from the codex? I mean it's not like the community is known for its wealth of talent.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
In all seriousness, I just need some assistance, nothing more. It doesn't have to come from the Codex.

"I mean it's not like the community is known for its wealth of talent."

Perhaps not, but testing doesn't require any talent.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Also, perhaps someone is bored and feeling creative? I want this updated to be more Deus Ex-y:

GMDXAward.png

I have no image-editing skills, if it wasn't obvious. Either update this one or take the default MOTY 2014 emblems and start from there.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Yep. A little something extra for non-lethal players. It is a very rare ammo type though.

What are you questioning? They fit just fine from a realism/simulation standpoint and a gameplay one.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Taser and rubber bullets seem kinda cool but imo part of the appeal of going non-lethal is the added challenge. How rare are these resources?

Also, mantling seems like a really cool addition.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
"It feels like something Bethesda would come up with."

Troll is hungry.

Rubber bullets were in System Shock 1. Taser darts on the other hand are a real-world tool invented by Taser International: it is how tasers work, they fire darts.

"Taser and rubber bullets seem kinda cool but imo part of the appeal of going non-lethal is the added challenge. How rare are these resources?"

Taser darts are the rarest ammo type in the game. Rubber bullets are a little more common but are loud, being fired from a shotgun. I've implemented these tools primarily because of difficulty; GMDX improves AI rather considerably at this point, in addition to everything else that makes the game more challenging. The non-lethal player is going to have a harder time even with these new tools.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Well, rubber bullets are a real-world tool also.

Silence, KKKodex, I know what I am doing. If there is anything I am good at in this world, this is it.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Oh, they're shotgun only? Then it seems fine, shotgun was always kinda bad I found.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Oh, they're shotgun only? Then it seems fine, shotgun was always kinda bad I found.

:retarded:

Both shotguns were badass vanilla in terms of performance with max skill max mods. I haven't particularly changed them in that regard, mostly been focusing on visual and audio design. Deus Ex's weapons no longer handle like garbage. Garbage with significant depth but garbage nonetheless.

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I haven't tried this but it looks p. cool even if the guy behind it seems kinda derp*.

Will this compatible with/any plans to make it compatible with Revision?

*:troll:

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
I haven't tried this but it looks p. cool even if the guy behind it seems kinda derp*.

Will this compatible with/any plans to make it compatible with Revision?

No plans. I need to try it first (once it is actually released) before I decide if it is worth a merger.

Derp? Well, I probably should have handled the Codex like a professional, as in ignore nearly everything you little faggots say, but I'm not paid enough to act like a professional (I'm obviously not paid at all). It is a labor of love for me and I see it as long overdue advancement to the core design of the Immersive Sim, or one iteration of it anyway.
If I had a team this would have been crowned MOTYAY a long time ago.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Using items on the ground seems like a pretty useless feature, but I'm sure it actually has a couple cool use cases. Can you fire guns on the ground? :M

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Using items on the ground seems like a pretty useless feature

Why'd you brofist this post then?

It is pretty damn useful to be able to eat food and such without having to put it in our inventory first, and it is simulated (and an idea ripped right out of Arx Fatalis in fact). It is essentially a use command whereas vanilla only had a pickup command, and then could use it from your inventory.

No, we cannot use guns without putting them in our inventory first. I may add it though because simulation demands it, but I am not sure it is worth my time.
What I may do is make you pick it up and equip it if you have space. Hmm.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
I'll have to think it over. In Arx if you pressed the use command on a weapon or similar item nothing happened, and that is what currently happens in GMDX, but maybe I should take it further.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Truth is Deus Ex's interaction and inventory systems are less than exceptional. Of course, there's a lot of depth and interactivity to be experienced so not many are complaining, but it is sucky. For example, any decoration with an event (light switch = toggle light, datacube = read it) we cannot pick up in our hands, only trigger their event. It is all very contextual and pretty shitty compared to Arx's and System Shock 2's interaction systems, where we can pick up any type of item AND put them in our inventory AND in the case of Arx, we can use most of them before having to do the latter first (and also combine items from our inventory with items on the ground). Arx is the clear winner when it comes to deep simulated interaction and inventory systems.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I meant toggling extinguishers and stuff, but yeah, being able to eat off the ground is very nice.

Also I seem to recall being able to pick up datacubes by right clicking on it while the text is open. Not putting into inventory though.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
I meant toggling extinguishers and stuff, but yeah, being able to eat off the ground is very nice.

Also I seem to recall being able to pick up datacubes by right clicking on it while the text is open. Not putting into inventory though.

You're mistaken, but I may add something of the sort.

(light switch = toggle light, datacube = read it).

Whoops, I meant lamp. Light switches are fixed to walls.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
I'd really like animations for switching to/from, using, and throwing pickups...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom