Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

Alfons

Prophet
If you actually read instead of opening your dumb mouth, you'll learn I care because with a team/support I could take the game to yet another level...multiplied.
Since when does recognition means more manpower? Is that what you were counting on? Are you retar..... Right, never mind.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
If you actually read instead of opening your dumb mouth, you'll learn I care because with a team/support I could take the game to yet another level...multiplied.
Since when does recognition means more manpower? Is that what you were counting on? Are you retar..... Right, never mind.
It is hard to get help if no one knows you exist, and the more people know you exist, the higher chance one of them has the time and skill to help.

Alfons

Prophet
It is hard to get help if no one knows you exist, and the more people know you exist, the higher chance one of them has the time and skill to help.
That is true and it doesn't contradict what I said. Hoping to generate interest and get help is fine but relying on it is retarded. For fuck's sake, the dude is throwing a temper tantrum because his stupid assumptions were not met, and he's doing it in his own thread. That's like taking a shit in the middle of your own living room.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Hoping to generate interest and get help is fine but relying on it is retarded..

Game development of any caliber more complex than your typical basic indie relies on generated interest & teamwork. Otherwise you get the next generation Cleveland, and fuck that.
My vision relies on teamwork & interest and my vision is all for the advancement of this type of art.
And how the fuck else am I meant to get team members that are dedicated to what needs to be treated like an unpaid job in terms of hours invested? Who not only have played the mod to want to invest their sweat in it, but also have the skills, passion for my vision & enough free time to contribute. These individuals are hard to come by, and they are the primary reason I've invested a lot of time (in failing) at marketing.
Damn right I rely on interest to generate support. Do insane people like myself that meet the above criteria just grow on trees? It has taken a long time for a long overdue mod like this to happen to begin with. 12 years in fact.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
On to what? Making inferior cash-ins for the money? It would be wise, but I don't want to become the thing I hate. Save that for the future when my passion has been sucked dry by the industry and its markets. For now I naively do not compromise.

Tzaero

DEPARTED
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Just asking, but have you been looking at UnrealSP.org?
To my surprise theres a pretty lively community on there comparable to TTLG and well they've also made the engine do some pretty cool stuff.

I know that UT and DX run on different versions of the engine, however these things work in Unreal.
Would it be possible to get these working in DX?

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Just asking, but have you been looking at UnrealSP.org?

Nope. There isn't a community dedicated to Deus Ex that's active, so chances are surely slimmer of finding anyone else in a community dedicated to a game that isn't Deus Ex.

"Would it be possible to get these working in DX?"

No. The only possible future potential I foresee for Deus Ex is choices in how to use a toilet:

t6pqFlx.jpg

...Yes, both should be relatively easy to do, though I'd need an artist for the computer panel. I've wanted to do body awareness, it is in my notes, yet it would require an animator as more third person anims would be needed, yet I'm struggling to find anyone to provide first person anims at the moment which I consider a priority over third.

Anyway, it isn't all bad for me. I collaborated with that other modder for the cool weapon mod UI, and another has made promises.

Last edited:
Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
So I've updated the website summary to have a pretty background, Except there is whitespace at the top & bottom and I have no idea how to get rid of it. I know nothing about HTML, this was my first experience with it.

Code:
<div style="background-image: url(insert url here); width: 940px; height: 640px; <br />width: 0px; padding: 8px; background-repeat: no-repeat; border: 0px;">insert text here</div>

A little help please?

I'm guessing it has something to do with the linebreak, not sure, yet I try and delete it and it restores itself for some reason.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So I've updated the website summary to have a pretty background, Except there is whitespace at the top & bottom and I have no idea how to get rid of it. I know nothing about HTML, this was my first experience with it.

Code:
<div style="background-image: url(insert url here); width: 940px; height: 640px; <br />width: 0px; padding: 8px; background-repeat: no-repeat; border: 0px;">insert text here</div>

A little help please?

I'm guessing it has something to do with the linebreak, not sure, yet I try and delete it and it restores itself for some reason.
I think it is the padding?

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Yeah that seems likely. And it seems I cannot simply reduce the height of the window beyond 640px to compensate. Likely moddb's doing.
I'll fiddle with it some more later.

agris

Arcane
Patron
If you care how your mod is perceived by the rest of the world: don't assume, verify.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Thanks.

The laser rifle is an add-on ported by someone else. I just coded the laser beam behavior and fine-tuned it. It won't be a part of the full mod, but a optional community-made add-on. .

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
New AI development: when alarms are raised backup is called in (in some high security areas only). Not sure if I should make it exclusive to hardcore mode or not.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
New AI development: when alarms are raised backup is called in (in some high security areas only). Not sure if I should make it exclusive to hardcore mode or not.

I don't think there's a reason to make any AI improvement exclusive to Hardcore mode, checkpoint saves and ammo scarcity on its own should be more than enough to differentiate it from Realistic.

That said, as backup do you mean other enemies from the level will rush to your location or completely new ones will spawn on the level?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I think this is a good change, and should definitely be available at lower difficulties(but not necessarily mandatory).

I hope you make them enter the map in some reasonable way though, and then get them to behave in a reasonable way after spawning. Could make wall mounting grenades a lot more useful.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
New ones spawn in using methods that vary depending on map. It should never make you say "WTF"/break your potential state of immersion, unlike the silly spawning of UNATCO & MJ12 Troops that happened vanilla on NYC Streets third visit. I think I've got that angle covered, but we'll determine that once v8 is ready for release and gets thoroughly tested.

"I don't think there's a reason to make any AI improvement exclusive to Hardcore mode"

I want the mod to be playable to DX newbies. The game is notorious for being hard to get in to vanilla. Now with all these AI improvements and more I can only imagine how a newbie experience will play out (even on easy mode) without dedicated hired playtester sessions.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Oh right, you noobs both dislike the hardcore mode :P. Perhaps I could do it for Realistic and hardcore modes & leave the others out.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Oh right, you noobs both dislike the hardcore mode :P. Perhaps I could do it for Realistic and hardcore modes & leave the others out.
I actually don't really like realistic that much either :).

I prefer not dying to a single hit and needing to rely 100% on headshots for effective takedowns. But I still very much like other forms of difficulty increases.

I get wanting the mod to be playable by newbies though, even though I doubt anyone who has not already played DX would use this mod.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
even though I doubt anyone who has not already played DX would use this mod.

Why not? It is meant to be advancement of Looking Glass/Ion Storm design concepts. "The Deus Ex Design formula perfected", "the definitive Deus Ex experience" and what not. Others recommend it newbies, why not you?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
even though I doubt anyone who has not already played DX would use this mod.

Why not? It is meant to be advancement of Looking Glass/Ion Storm design concepts. "The Deus Ex Design formula perfected", "the definitive Deus Ex experience" and what not. Others recommend it newbies, why not you?
IDK, I guess it would depend on whether that person liked challenging games or only cared about the story and such.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom