Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

Ash

Arcane
Part 4:

Full screen viewing advised.

"Game makers should focus more on making believable characters than believable guns."
-Warren Spector

I find both to be of equal value, and with mods we can have it all.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I played maybe 1/2 way through v7 and it was a good mod. He puts a lot of effort into it and it shows. Some bugs that are hopefully sorted.

Personally I am not a big fan total makeover mods in general because they often change core mechanics or alter the game enough for it to be different games, but he made efforts to respect the original.

Ash

Arcane
Review of GMDX said:
GMDX looks and plays like the developers spent another year on an add-in for the original game, with the difference that GMDX is totally free.

If you're looking for "DX, but better", you've come to the right place.

^This is the intention. To take one of the greatest games of all time and optimize its design, not make it something it shouldn't be. It's about uncompromising Looking Glass-inspired design, something that we haven't seen since Deus Ex itself, and Arx shortly after.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
"Stealth" is a new skill? Well, ok. Found it strange but will see in gameplay.
Maybe it's me but... why not put Enviromental Training into something else or removed? I never found the use for that thing, even Athletic/Swimming skill was more useful for me.

PS. can't wait for Strangelove mod for rockets, like the one for UT.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Maybe it's me but... why not put Enviromental Training into something else or removed? I never found the use for that thing, even Athletic/Swimming skill was more useful for me.

PS. can't wait for Strangelove mod for rockets, like the one for UT.
Environmental training was buffed in GMDX instead. It lets you stack invisibility/ballistic/hazmat vests in inventory and makes them much more powerful. It's still not a great skill, but it definitely has its uses. It's sort of on par with demolition: strong, but can't be relied on due to limited resources.

Ash

Arcane
Environmental training was buffed in GMDX instead. It lets you stack invisibility/ballistic/hazmat vests in inventory and makes them much more powerful. It's still not a great skill, but it definitely has its uses. It's sort of on par with demolition: strong, but can't be relied on due to limited resources.

On top of that in v8.0, Hazmats and Ballistic Vests now degrade with sustained damage as opposed to running on a timer, armor can be taken of once equipped, and the perk system enhances Environ Training further.

Stealth Skill you'll see more on in an upcoming video. On higher difficulty modes stealth/the game in general can be a lot harder due to the more intelligent AI, so the player has various new options available which helps.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
On top of that in v8.0, Hazmats and Ballistic Vests now degrade with sustained damage as opposed to running on a timer, armor can be taken of once equipped, and the perk system enhances Environ Training further.

Stealth Skill you'll see more on in an upcoming video. On higher difficulty modes stealth/the game in general can be a lot harder due to the more intelligent AI, so the player has various new options available which helps.

Now it's clear - I didn't liked the old timer, which was one of the reasons I never used them in my playthrough no matter what.

EDIT: and mod will be out day before my birthday.
This will be the best (and only) present for me that day.

Ash

Arcane
Yeah, and the game wasn't very challenging even on realistic, except maybe in the first 1/3rd of the game, so it didn't really give you any incentive to use them anyway.

Ash

Arcane

RPG systems are a difficult sell, but there are players here that can vouch for me that the improvements are logical, synergistic and take the systems to the next level. Also bear in mind very little is shown in all of these videos, otherwise they would bore the majority due to duration and pedantry.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
RPG systems are a difficult sell, but there are players here that can vouch for me that the improvements are logical, synergistic and take the systems to the next level. Also bear in mind very little is shown in all of these videos, otherwise they would bore the majority due to duration and pedantry.
Bro, that may be true in other places but not so much around here. This last video was the most exiting for me.

Ash

Arcane
Yeah, I thought the codex would be the only place where it would be preferred that the video be half an hour long explaining every little change, how it works and why. Unfortunately I have to keep it short and will just add "it just works".

:troll:

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Unfortunately I have to keep it short and will just add "it just works".
Nah, man. Todd Howard said the same thing and he's considered a god on this site.
And your mod is way more than "working" stage. Actually enjoyable.

Abhay

Augur
Long live CyberP!
Thank you for what you have done for this game with your spectacular mod, CyberP.
Unfortunately, Not many still know about your efforts. I am trying my best to promote through word of mouth marketing but its definitely not getting as much attention as that overrated Revision mod is receiving.
Deus Ex Revision sucks, and any true DX fan should avoid it like plague.
Instead play this one, and in fact, try your best to push it through recommendations at every opportunity.
Ash - Why don't you start a mod discussion thread on Steam, and esp., on GOG as well?
I hardly see much being talked about this faboulous mod over these sites.

Can't wait for Version 8. Fuckin' gonna be awesome to play with fantastic improvements.

Also, why the fuck is CyberP banned by the Codex?
Seriously, its silly to ban him when he's doing such a damn great job of keeping this game alive with his mod.

Ash

Arcane
Seriously, its silly to ban him when he's doing such a damn great job of keeping this game alive with his mod.

Never mind that.

Why don't you start a mod discussion thread on Steam, and esp., on GOG as well?

I, Ash, am CyberP by the way. I don't really have time as I am rushing to polish everything, communicating with testers, creating these demonstration videos (which takes ages), writing to game journalists, as well as other promotional material. I was hoping there'd be others willing to talk about & share the mod without me spamming forums with more self-promotion, but statistics show otherwise. If you are spreading the word though, then you have my thanks.

Last edited:

Alfons

Prophet
I was hoping there'd be others willing to talk about & share the mod without me spamming forums with more self-promotion, but statistics show otherwise.
Can't you replace the forum spam with the former?

BTW, why the fuck did you come back? I'm not asking so I can start some shit I'm genuinely curious. Other avenues proved so unfruitful that you came back here after your dramatic exit?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom