Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

Ninjerk

Arcane
:mhd:

Kontra

Educated
Actually you dont have to crouch while sneaking, you can just walk. I just tried it and they only hear you when running... Cant believe i went around crouched the whole game when there was really no need. And if you dont have to crouch then why is the ass the same as the head? Really whats up with that.

Jinn

Arcane
I know this is kind of stupid, but is there any way to get this mod working in tandem with steam? As in logging gameplay hours, steam overlay, etc?

KlauZ

Educated
peoples heads and asses are the same thing
Actually more than that, Navarre went down from one pistol shot in the ass but easily survive multiple in the head. Maybe its the armor thing...

Ash

Arcane
In DX peoples heads and asses are the same thing, you get 8 times the damage. Dont know why. Maybe its some kinda statement from Warren Spector like people have their heads in their asses or something. Hmm i guess i would have to play vanilla game to really get inside his brain and figure it out.

Vanilla:

Headshot: x8
Torso: x2
Torso back (sneak attack): x12
Everywhere else: x1

GMDX:

Headshot: x8
Headshot back (sneak attack): x12
Torso: x3
Torso back (sneak attack): x12
Everywhere else: x1

GMDX adds the back of the head as a viable sneak attack target (like in Thief - you have to be right behind them), and also makes the torso a little more vulnerable for realism and gameplay purposes. Some weapons also have a "headshot multiplier bonus" for balancing purposes e.g sawed off shotgun has a x9 headshot multiplier while the assault shotgun has a x8 multiplier. Most new statistics can be viewed from the weapon description.
I also fixed a bug where enemies who are "stunned" (prod), further damage to them would be overridden with a x4 multiplier be it headshots or sneak attacks. So headshotting a stunned enemy did half the damage, which was not good.
The back of the head being accepted as a sneak attack also fixes the issue of sneak attacking people sitting on chairs where their back/ass was not exposed.

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
You can actually add and run any application through Steam. Go to the top-left corner of the Steam client, press Games and select "Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library".

ucGGIH9.jpg

From there you can select among a list of programs you have installed, or browse for the specific file (this would be the custom deusex.exe).

You can now use the Steam overlay with the custom executable, and it will show up in your library like a normal game. I don't know if it tracks gametime though.

Thanks for the response, ESh! I was aware of that option, however I do enjoy tracking my hours if possible. I was wondering if there was a way to get steam to recognize the mod just as it does the steam recognized Deus Ex.

Last edited:

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
So i always wondered but couldn`t find any info on the question - people`s asses are the weakpoints, even Navarre dies with one hit. Is this a bug? A feature?

Realy:lol: I remember doing ambushes in the 747: proximity mine and rocket was my recipe. Ass - who would have known:roll:

Ash

Arcane
Puzzle. Figure it out or find an alternate route. There was a puzzle of sorts here originally but it was not meaningful.

KlauZ

Educated
Ahh, so thats why this tuuret was closing...
Ok now i have some scripting issues in Ton`s. First JoJo was standing in a place not going anywhere, now UNATCO isn`t storming in.

Ash

Arcane
Jojo is a known bug, already fixed and will be rolled out in v8.1. UNATCO not storming I need more data on. Can other v8.0 players confirm if they encountered this before? I've only had one other report so far. They mentioned they poked their head out of the door for the script to resume.

KlauZ

Educated
If you trigger alarm state of guards by making a noise the door explodes, but soldiers still won`t rush in. I`m also using Deus Exe.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
So i always wondered but couldn`t find any info on the question - people`s asses are the weakpoints, even Navarre dies with one hit. Is this a bug? A feature?

Realy:lol: I remember doing ambushes in the 747: proximity mine and rocket was my recipe. Ass - who would have known:roll:

Knocking down and nonlethal in general is russian roulette, sometimes it work.
So yeah, his thought about assess is not that strange when you experience Deus Ex hitbox system.

Just look where he point it.
Deus-Ex-large-1005.jpg

Luckily GMDX fixed the issue and I got way more successful attempts in taking down enemies non-lethally.
But I have hard time to believe that Navarre can die, though he was immortal until the boss encounter.

Dev_Anj

Learned
I wasted all my money so i couldnt save. I paid a 1000 bucks to some guy for a code for a safe that im never gonna see anyway cause guess what you cant go back to Paris. For some reason i thought you can go back... Dumbfuck.

By the way, I can fix this for you if you're interested. Just send me your save.

Kontra

Educated
Nah im taking a break from DX for a while. In a month or so ill just start again with a new build. But thanks anyway man.

Ash

Arcane
I'm looking for possible translators for GMDX. I've gone and localized all the necessary strings for the Russian version and setup the localization file, so all that's needed for it to be translated to a wide variety of languages is people to do the translation. The languages Deus Ex was officially translated to were Russian, French, Spanish & German, so I'd like to support as many of those as I can. Russian is done. If anyone can cover any of those other languages it would be appreciated.

This is the full extent of the work required: http://pastebin.com/4CkP2Z98
Every string in the file save a dozen strings. String name and class name remain in English, just the words between quotes require translation.
It may seem overwhelming, but it isn't actually that much as far as game localization go. A lot of it can be copied directly from the official localization file for your respective language also (in fact doing so would be desired for professional reference), but not all of it as GMDX modifies a lot of the original strings.

It's a lot to ask, but again people have supported many other Deus Ex mods in this manner, and GMDX is top quality progressive stuff, so should be worth the same treatment. Individuals may want to do this for other reasons also, such as to test their multilingual proficiency or if they seek credentials for entering an industry that does localization, such as the video game industry.

Last edited:

---

Arcane
There is also an excellent fan translation of Deus Ex vanilla in italian (my language, it is VERY well made), but i'm not the creator. I'll see if i can contact some of the guys who translated it... You didn't change texts, so it shouldn't be an hard work, i think.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I'm looking for possible translators for GMDX. I've gone and localized all the necessary strings for the Russian version and setup the localization file, so all that's needed for it to be translated to a wide variety of languages is people to do the translation. The languages Deus Ex was officially translated to were Russian, French, Spanish & German, so I'd like to support as many of those as I can. Russian is done. If anyone can cover any of those other languages it would be appreciated.

This is the full extent of the work required: http://pastebin.com/4CkP2Z98
Every string in the file save a dozen strings. String name and class name remain in English, just the words between quotes require translation.
It may seem overwhelming, but it isn't actually that much as far as game localization go. A lot of it can be copied directly from the official localization file for your respective language also (in fact doing so would be desired for professional reference), but not all of it as GMDX modifies a lot of the original strings.

It's a lot to ask, but again people have supported many other Deus Ex mods in this manner, and GMDX is top quality progressive stuff, so should be worth the same treatment. Individuals may want to do this for other reasons also, such as to test their multilingual proficiency or if they seek credentials for entering an industry that does localization, such as the video game industry.

Only between quotes, eh? I'm bored and I'm a native Spanish speaker. May as well give it a go.

"You don't have enough room in your inventory to pick up the %s"

What does the %s mean, and can you give me an example?

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
That would be a variable representing the item the player is trying to pick up.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
That would be a variable representing the item the player is trying to pick up.

Oh, I was confused about the "s" after the &.

Sadly, I have to back down out of this unless I can somehow get access to the spanish translation of the game, otherwise, I risk using vastly different terminology in the translation.

Ash

Arcane
Ah, yes I forgot to mention there are instances of formatting tags within the strings you need to be aware of.

|n = Linebreak
|& = Underline
% = Concatenation of a variable string.

If any Spaniards have the DeusEx.est file, please let us know.

Edit: Oh, and it is preferable that translators have played GMDX to have a solid understanding of the systems they are to translate.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
French is now covered.

There is also an excellent fan translation of Deus Ex vanilla in italian (my language, it is VERY well made), but i'm not the creator. I'll see if i can contact some of the guys who translated it... You didn't change texts, so it shouldn't be an hard work, i think.

Thanks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom