Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

---

Arcane
Ash: you are blackroseblade_, right? :smug:

I'm just joking, of course :) The mod deserves all the possible praise :brodex:

Ash

Arcane
Not sure who that is, but I'm assuming it is someone who also took great pride in their work.
I don't get paid shit and will probably never accomplish anything greater in this life, so let me have my pride :)

---

Arcane
gmdx.jpg

Ash

Arcane
Oh. Nah, no need to shill/sockpuppet or whatever, the mod will earn its rightful place at the top in due time.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah, I'm a dumbass, looks like I shouldn't ask anything if I don't slept 24 hours.
That was obvious, the tool was nearby.

Ash

Arcane
Don't be too hard on yourself. Deus Ex doesn't have too many puzzle-like elements so it may have just caught you by surprise.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Don't be too hard on yourself. Deus Ex doesn't have too many puzzle-like elements so it may have just caught you by surprise.
No, I clearly remember that before DX didn't cause any troubles regarding puzzles\secrets. I considered it as Thief-light all the time in term of secrets.
Just grew old in bad sense, sleeping disorder for last 20 years doesn't add to brain power.
Also lack of free saving add difficulty.
Do Hardcore differ from previous difficulty level only in save system?

Btw - in Smugglers Hideout there is mirror.
In one walkthrough noted that datacubewith code is near bed - and I definitely remember I have found it there before.
In another noted that code to mirror can't be found anywhere in the game.
I'm puxxled again.

PS Sorry if it is onother stupid question - havn't slept yet. )

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Do Hardcore differ from previous difficulty level only in save system?

Nope. There's ~40 modifiers unique to hardcore mode, though some can be toggled from the menu on other difficulty modes.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I see. If it was only saves I maybe switched to more easier difficulty level - some quest-heavy locations like first Hell's Kitchen is hard without saves. At least time-comsuming.
But...

This dirtfall animation - it is not clearly see because pic on default brightness, but its animations looks like it flows from down to the top.
Also, I experienced very yummy bug - somehow toxic water stop to melt JCD body, and acted as usual water. ))
Looks like itis tied with moments I jump from "water", then fall down again.
When I did it, I switched back and JCD was melted.
I'm sure it's original game bug.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Hm, got CTD after I attacked Smuggler. If you need, I'll take screenshot of error (forget to did it first time).

Done.

This happened after I moved from his LoS. Attacked him from second floor.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Also, I experienced very yummy bug - somehow toxic water stop to melt JCD body, and acted as usual water. ))
Looks like itis tied with moments I jump from "water", then fall down again.
When I did it, I switched back and JCD was melted.
I'm sure it's original game bug.

Yeah. Vanilla bug, engine related.

This happened after I moved from his LoS. Attacked him from second floor.

First NYC visit?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Yep, I'm stiil work on generator mission.

Btw another minor bug - when guard comes from 2, he stand in doorway, and door stomps him 1-2 times.
After that he goes to 1, and sometimes when he open door, he moves back - it looks like something pushed him.

Honestly I fuckung don't see anything on my own pic, and If I didn't know what there, I would never have guessed.
Although I don't know how to fix it.
It is MJ12 sewer chem lab.

Another thing, which I'm not sure it is a bug.
This yellow box that emit lightning\lightnings (not sure last word exist). I blew electrical panel near it, it's open.
But yb still does damage.

PS Please tell me what to do so that pics were brighter. Or it is monkey work.

PSS Oh, and almost forgot. There is still OG (original game) bug - every time when you visit clinic, you got 150 xp bonus, if you went clinic--->underworld you got 150, and every time you visit clinic after that, you got 150.
Nasty bug, I say NO to temptation, please stomp it.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
There is nothing in this crate. Is it how it's supposed to be?
Never before I met such crates that holds nothing.
Somewhere on warehouse roof.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Dat is a real food I left. Let's boys&girls have a dinner.

Question - can I get to this door? It's on other side, opposite to where I come from. Looks like real thing.
Bottom right corner - satellite dishes or whatever it is.
Wite square - liamp above door.

b23de13a778176fd0c2383f0534b7e3a.bmp

Ash

Arcane
PS Please tell me what to do so that pics were brighter. Or it is monkey work.

It is related to the renderer, as I get that too with the DX9 renderer but not the others. Not sure what the exact problem is though.

Question - can I get to this door? It's on other side, opposite to where I come from. Looks like real thing.

No. It is on top of a very tall building. You could stack every crate in the level and still not make it even close to that high.

There is nothing in this crate. Is it how it's supposed to be?

Yes.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
No. It is on top of a very tall building. You could stack every crate in the level and still not make it even close to that high.
Because physics not exist in game, you can try to build a "bridge" from crates, from edge of near building. You just need to throw crates accurately.

I think I know why I expierinced lagging - tomorrow 33 degrees Celsius in the shade. So after certain point game start to lag.

Also, requesting a mod for cats - they should chase mice, and pigeons! Just joking.
Somewhere there, not sure what on first pic lol.

Also - what does she mean by "fruit"? :D Is it something I think of?

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Is there a simple way to remove all the HDTP models from GMDX? Some of them have smoothing errors and it's really triggering me. I tried unchecking it with kentie's launcher and the game crashes on startup.

Ash

Arcane
Also - what does she mean by "fruit"? :D Is it something I think of?

No metaphor. Pretty sure the literal meaning was intended.

Maggot said:
Is there a simple way to remove all the HDTP models from GMDX? Some of them have smoothing errors and it's really triggering me. I tried unchecking it with kentie's launcher and the game crashes on startup.

There's no simple way. Lots of coding required as HDTP is more than just a model replacement mod. If you point out particular objects I'll see what I can do. I only really take issue with the trash cans at this point (aside from the other HDTP stuff GMDX already disables or polishes ofc).

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Here are the two that caught my eye so far. I also sometimes get a strange one second delay when opening up the inventory or main menu when using certain renderers. It's not an issue with DX9 but the game is too dark in DX9 mode. Any ideas what it might be? I had an issue similar to this before when I set up GMDX on another PC but I can't remember what I did to fix it.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
No metaphor. Pretty sure the literal meaning was intended.
But she told "wash your fruit" (not fruits) to the man. )))
And I did not see any fruits in DX, ever.

About lagging - I had stuttering when first time entered in a room near Helipad, that with two pinballs and secret room.
Also the door to a shaft to upper level, that in opposite wing - when it is opened, it twinkles.

PS Almost forgot to ask - is it intended that I can't return to Helipad through elevator if I went through sewers first time?
I intended to go from behind on those two who guard tonnel.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I can't save for the life of me Navarre. She is exploding or killing me.
Can somebody help please?
Where to shoot, what conditions should I met etc.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Hey, looks like when she near death and should run, she say something and continue to shoot.
She using medkits?

Edit:
I'm killing her or get killed already 4 hours. Fucking shame.
Can someone give me patch or something to solve this?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom