Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i am starting another run of deus ex and using this mod now. after reading stuff, i am convinced to use this instead of revision. will post my thoughts later.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
i am starting another run of deus ex and using this mod now. after reading stuff, i am convinced to use this instead of revision. will post my thoughts later.

Yeah, revision is all fluff. GMDX actually changes the game for the better.

Ash

Arcane
Disable the OTPFix or lower resolution to 1366x768.

To disable the OTPFix, look in DeusEx\GMDX\System, find gmdx.ini:

Under [Engine.Engine] change

Root=otpUIfix.otpRootWindow

To

Root=DeusEx.DeusExRootWindow

Or if you are using Kenties Launcher just click the "default GUI" checkbox in the "configure" window.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
my native resolution is 1366x768 :M

disabling OTP fix help a little, but not really much. i just wish the UI and text scale bigger. but it's not like it is unplayable, just inconvenience.

gonna try this kentie's launcher

Ash

Arcane
It can be bigger, but if OTPFix is disabled then it involves lowering resolution further unfortunately. It sucks but I'm unaware of any solution.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
It can be bigger, but if OTPFix is disabled then it involves lowering resolution further unfortunately. It sucks but I'm unaware of any solution.
how do you scale it up with otp fix then?

edit: using kentie's launcher, i can scale it 2x but it takes up all screen now.

if there is 1.5x option, that would be perfect :(

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
OTPFix makes the GUI not scale based on resolution, so UI elements stay the same default resolution, resulting in a tiny gui at high resolutions, and a big gui at low resolutions.

The vanilla/non-OTPFix method scaled the GUI based on resolution, but the reason the OTPfix was made to begin with was because there was a problem with the scaling method at higher resolutions, if I recall correctly. I wasn't involved the OTPFix personally so I cannot be certain.

Either way lower res = bigger UI. At 800x600 the GUI is massive and the game in general horribly low res. At 1920x1200 the GUI is tiny, unusable. 1376x768 is the happy medium.

I don't know, I'll have another look if something can be done, because it is a problem.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
ok, played the first liberty level. the changes that GMDX brought is really pleasant. playing on realistic level. the guards aren't near sighted as the vanilla and they have better hearing too. perk system is pretty cool, though i haven't explored it thoroughly yet. i am gonna enjoy this one.

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Seems I have to let you down re doing a write up, Ash. I have no energy to create, only consume.

On the other hand, I'm at Lebedev's Airfield of my current playthrough and this game is even better than I remember. Did you tweak takedowns or ammo? I don't remember the baton being so effective. I also don't remember getting so much ammo for the charger prod or tranquiliser darts.

Perks are great, big fan. Mantling as always is fantastic. The upwards lean is cool, too.

I notice there's still some funkiness: for example I'm playing non-lethal, except I don't particularly care if people die as a result of somebody else's actions. I sneak in the back of Castle Clinton and by the time I get to the "fort" the UNATCO guys have already started shooting. Cue Anna praising me for my "enthusiasm" when I simply sat and watched it happen. I assume this is vanilla Deus Ex behaviour?

Ash

Arcane
"On the other hand, I'm at Lebedev's Airfield of my current playthrough and this game is even better than I remember. Did you tweak takedowns or ammo?"

Pretty much everything is fine-tuned with obsessive accuracy, except the stuff that didn't need touching.

"I don't remember the baton being so effective. I also don't remember getting so much ammo for the charger prod or tranquiliser darts."

Admittedly for the baton (and crowbar) I did go overboard with the damage a bit. I've reduced the damage a touch in the current build. As for ammo, there's less overall, but since tranqs are more effective (can silently K.O with a headshot) it probably doesn't feel that way. Vanilla there was a shitton of ammo in general though.

" I sneak in the back of Castle Clinton and by the time I get to the "fort" the UNATCO guys have already started shooting. Cue Anna praising me for my "enthusiasm" when I simply sat and watched it happen. I assume this is vanilla Deus Ex behaviour?"

My god. This shit should be fixed. Yeah, it's a vanilla bug. One that persistently trolls me it seems.

I will also be making an announcement soon. The "definitive Deus Ex experience" is to become even more definitive.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
When people are not so fixated on Fanbase Divided. Couple weeks after release probably.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Installed ZODIAC and The Nameless Mod, and tweaked around with Kentie's Launcher and stuff. Afterwards I started getting these annoying 5-10 second delays when opening menus in GMDX. Uninstalled the other mods, then GMDX refused to start, saying some .dll file was missing.

I don't know what the fuck I've done, so I'm backing up my savegames and re-installing Deus Ex and GMDX. Could be the menu delay is savegame-related (I'm in Hong Kong, I tried an earlier NYC save and there was a slight delay that I'm unsure of whether it was there before or not), but in any case I have to re-install it since it doesn't start.

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
Installed ZODIAC and The Nameless Mod, and tweaked around with Kentie's Launcher and stuff. Afterwards I started getting these annoying 5-10 second delays when opening menus in GMDX. Uninstalled the other mods, then GMDX refused to start, saying some .dll file was missing.

I don't know what the fuck I've done, so I'm backing up my savegames and re-installing Deus Ex and GMDX. Could be the menu delay is savegame-related (I'm in Hong Kong, I tried an earlier NYC save and there was a slight delay that I'm unsure of whether it was there before or not), but in any case I have to re-install it since it doesn't start.
Try to mess with Viewport setting in the launcher. I had big delays while opening inventory or game's menu, then I switched from borderless fullscreen window to fullscreen.

AW8

Arcane
Try to mess with Viewport setting in the launcher. I had big delays while opening inventory or game's menu, then I switched from borderless fullscreen window to fullscreen.
Re-installed and switched from borderless fullscreen to fullscreen, now the delay is completely gone. That seems to have been the culprit. :salute:

AW8

Arcane
Ash

I explored the Hong Kong canals for the first time today. On my first playthrough (vanilla) I never found the collapsed tunnel. On my second playthrough (GMDX), I found the entrance but I couldn't access it due to my build (no Athletics/Aqualung - choices and consequences!). Now I finally found the augmentation technology they speak of when you break into VersaLife the second time (which is such a weird time to inform the player about it, it just confused me).

I scoured the canals to the best of my abilities and I found no trace of the four European treasure hunters, so I suppose they weren't part of vanilla and that GMDX hasn't done anything to change that? Would have been cool with more swimming content but the sunken treasure I found was good enough.

I found this weird little entrance while diving, a small space with nothing inside it. It intrigues me, it looks like the start of a metal ventilation shaft or something. What do you think it's supposed to be? Maybe it was a tunnel leading to a secret area that they started on, then they abandoned it and forgot to delete it.
el33Ozu.png

I know you're going to remove the Karkians from the main canals and that's a good thing. I really like them out of a gameplay perspective, it makes me fear the water and adds challenge. It also has some logic behind it, as an NPC says he saw one in the canals earlier. But the sheer number of them is ridiculous, and makes the canals feel more like a Super Mario level than a realistic location. :D

Ash

Arcane
I didn't even know that tunnel was there. DX surprises once again.

"Maybe it was a tunnel leading to a secret area that they started on, then they abandoned it and forgot to delete it."

Definitely looks that way.

"On my second playthrough (GMDX), I found the entrance but I couldn't access it due to my build (no Athletics/Aqualung - choices and consequences!)."

Yep. Vanilla you'd just activate the regen aug and go fill your lungs with water indefinitely. Now you have to turn back if you don't have those skills/augs, or a rebreather. You can also make it by spamming medkits to counter drowning but that is very costly, plus you won't be able to go to the other end of the tunnel with the weapon mods.

I know you're going to remove the Karkians from the main canals and that's a good thing. I really like them out of a gameplay perspective, it makes me fear the water and adds challenge. It also has some logic behind it, as an NPC says he saw one in the canals earlier. But the sheer number of them is ridiculous, and makes the canals feel more like a Super Mario level than a realistic location. :D

All the canal Karkians now have a hardcore mode-only filter, except for the ones that were originally on that map (in the sunken tunnel). Indeed, good for gameplay and exploration of the canals, and they are even mentioned by one or two vanilla NPCs so it fits logically, but it changes the tone of the map a little, perhaps in a negative light. Since hardcore mode is challenge/C&C faggotry that occasionally crosses a minor DX purism boundary here and there I'm fine with the Karkians only appearing in this mode.

On a slightly related note, I'm going to add a rebreather to the first GMDX shop, but it won't be cheap at all.

Last edited:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I scoured the canals to the best of my abilities and I found no trace of the four European treasure hunters, so I suppose they weren't part of vanilla and that GMDX hasn't done anything to change that? Would have been cool with more swimming content but the sunken treasure I found was good enough.
I'm pretty sure that you find at least one dead body of a diver in the canals. I always assumed he was one of those treasure hunters. The rest... have probably been eaten by Karkians :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom