Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

Ash

Arcane
Black said:
He'll be delighted if he finds out you can upgrade GEP's explosion radius.

And if he finds out there are two new types of GEP guidance systems to replace the popamole lock-on one.

#1: The GEP gun no longer has a locked on target feature. Ok, seriously, WTH?! Did these developers not realize the name of this weapon? It's a Guided Explosive Projectile. In other words, this weapon is specifically made to lock onto targets.

But he probably will not ever discover anything more, as he's clearly not very attentive.

I designed the mod to cater to a wide array of players, providing they pick the difficulty level right for them. A prompt appears in-game telling people to choose carefully. Details are given on the website. The installation guide recommends NORMAL difficulty for the vast majority of players.

Maybe I should waste my time coding a tooltip window of the difficulty selection screen after all, Dev_Anj.
Sigh. GUI coding in Unreal 1 is banal boring tedious shit.

Part of me just wants to not bother, my time would be better served on more fruitful features, but if this is meant to be the "definitive Deus Ex experience", doing my best to steer players clear of the higher difficulties may be wise, as they're not for everyone.

Last edited:

Dev_Anj

Learned
He does have a point with the empty crates though. While I understand you want to simulate real life crates to a degree, I think it would be better to remove or cut down on the number, especially since they're very clearly a "gamey" device to indicate to the player from afar what sort of loot is within them, and having them be empty messes up this idea a bit. JC doesn't open them in a realistic manner either, further reinforcing that they are a gamey setup first and foremost.

I mean, they're not a big deal but they do waste time and there's been several complaints about them.

Ash

Arcane
Yeah, I removed all the ones in the two warehouses (generator-housed one and NSF HQ one), purely to avoid confusion. They are pure gamey design and should probably stay that way. Such attempts to make them more realistic does no favors here. The only options are to leave it as it is or change the concept entirely.

If anyone remembers where any other empty crates are let me know.

eXalted

Arcane
Are there locked empty containers? I don't remember finding such.

"Seriously, WTH?"

HansDampf

Arcane
-Minor suggestion: glass automatically breaks when running through glass with the speed aug on provided you have enough momentum. NPCs can do the same WITHOUT augs anyways.
This probably sounds way cooler than it actually is.
But I want this.

Ash

Arcane
Steamrolling through glass is now in. Requires player be moving at high velocity, so most scenarios only apply to speed enhancement aug.

Jump through glass: speed enhance super jumping while standing under a sheet of glass will break you through it.
Run through glass: running with the speed enhance aug into glass will break you through it.
Fall through glass: falling from height onto breakable glass and you'll smash straight through it. Speed enhancement not necessary.

Ash

Arcane
Steamrolling Update #3: NPCs in pursuit of you will no longer steamroll through glass, but will instead stop and shoot through it. Speed-Augmented MiBs and all Robots are the exception, they'll steamroll right through any breakable door/glass in GMDX. Vanilla bots used to smagically open doors. Was hilarious seeing a little patrol bot stop at a wooden door and open it as any other NPC, just with no animation or visibly played out operation showing that it can.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Ash you might solve the difficulty problems if you rename them and so force players to rethink their choice. Possibly?

Ash

Arcane
Good suggestion.

It's only realistic that's the problem. It's the default game mode for fans vanilla because the game isn't/wasn't that difficult once you get past the learning phase. Now it's more akin to what you'd expect from a (previously) highest difficulty mode and something calling itself realistic.

Normal and easy are fine in GMDX, there's plenty handicaps. Hardcore is blatantly obvious as to what that entails. Fans are just so used to vanilla realistic mode that GMDX realistic will be a kick on the teeth for some.

I'll probably just add a prompt for realistic stressing players steer clear. Doesn't take much effort.

Dev_Anj

Learned
A visual bug in Paris; you can climb to the top of some roofs there in GMDX, and from there the boundaries of the level are visible. Example:

Ss9cmPl.jpg

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
There's a lot of out of bounds places you can climb to with the speed aug and mantling. I've managed to climb over the UNATCO HQ walls after the initial mission, there's even supplies lying around on the island.

Black

Arcane
There's a lot of out of bounds places you can climb to with the speed aug and mantling. I've managed to climb over the UNATCO HQ walls after the initial mission, there's even supplies lying around on the island.
Anything good? Weapon mods?:shredder:

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Anything good? Weapon mods?:shredder:
Last time I did that I just found some medkits and ammo, nothing really special, though that was a previous version of GMDX.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I threw these little metal boxes in Smuggler's lair, they fall into ground like there were quicksands.

Ash

Arcane
A visual bug in Paris; you can climb to the top of some roofs there in GMDX, and from there the boundaries of the level are visible. Example:

Looks like you've got the brightness too high. It's still visible around the default brightness value too just a lot more subtle.

There is a disappointing lack of a Paris skybox texture set. Expanding the map border and applying good textures may produce great results, but unless the skybox textures are real professional, aesthetically fitting quality we'll have to do without.

Durandal said:

Anywhere you can get out of bounds in GMDX you can also vanilla with speed enhancement super jumps and/or box stacking. Mantling just makes it easier. Nothing can be done about it except invisible walls unfortunately.

Black

Arcane
Can you make laser sight not turn off when switching weapons/holstering? Gets annoying after a while.
By the way, is there a button to force-end messages you're receiving?

Ash

Arcane
Can you make laser sight not turn off when switching weapons/holstering? Gets annoying after a while.

No. That would make it 100% accurate permanently. I'll just make it not turn off when mantling.

By the way, is there a button to force-end messages you're receiving?

I don't think so. It would be good in certain circumstances, I'll look into it.

Ash

Arcane
In October I'll start phase 1 beta testing. I want to start early this time and I need Codex's monocle-ism to ensure it is the entirely flawless inclined perfection Deus Ex and the Immersive Sim deserves.

Dev_Anj

Learned
Have you considered restoring this? From Djibriel's FAQ:

The computer holds a lot of interesting e-mails from and to Bob Page; it's too bad you can't find the login into to read them at your leisure. The login info is JSHEARS/MOMERATH. This computer is essential reading for the background of the events of DX and contains lots of food for thought and references ...

Notes: There's a DataCube text in the files of the game that gives this login, but there's no DataCube in-game that has this text, which is a real shame.

Black

Arcane
When JC jumps diagonally at high speed and mantles, the momentum is conserved resulting in him "overshooting" the thing the player might've wanted to land on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom