Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

KlauZ

Educated
Also i started to notice a lot of nice new detailes on levels, which i missed a first time.

Little nitpicks on Unatco cardboard boxes: They are usually a cheap clutter items, but the ones in JC`s office had a reason to be there - its his first day on the job, and he didn`t settle in his office yet, therefore, boxes.

And on the other hand, some boxes now appeared in the corridor to MJ-12. Out of all places, this corridor doesn`t need any clutter "to liven it up".

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Further pressure to nerf the laser sight on the gmdx page comments: http://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx

And on the other hand, some boxes now appeared in the corridor to MJ-12. Out of all places, this corridor does not need any clutter "to liven it up".

Why not? It's a very bland corridor. Boxes would be transported from UNATCO to the lower levels.

KlauZ

Educated
Blandness is the point. This corridor is supposed too look strange, a bit eerie even, to fuel players curiosity and to foreshadow things to come.

Also its a sequrity installation, im pretty sure that those yellow striped things are supposed to be blast doors, and overall it has "if things go wrong itll be a killzone" vibe. Not the best place to just drop some cargo.

KlauZ

Educated
I agree than vanilla laser isn`t gamebreaking or smthn, but i also like shifter solution as its immurseav and instead of just crunching up some numbers it allows player to have more skill-based gameplay.

Ash

Arcane
The stripes on the floor indicate the beginning and end of the ramp. Useful for people moving heavy things, like boxes.

KlauZ

Educated
They aren't painted but actual geometry, also there is striped floor in the prison ward, no slopes there.

KlauZ

Educated
Battery Park:
PS2 version has more ways into NSF base - secret door has been moved away from soda machine, but can also move it with strength aug to go through the vent. Also there is an underwater grate.

What's the point of the water gates opened by computer in there? You can easily swim under them anyway.

I feel that a checkpoint near Clinton Castle wouldn't hurt. Or did i miss one?

On Shifter: maybe allow to powerthrow inventory items? Certainly useful for things like extinguishers, interesting tradeoff in a pinch situations.

Stamina system so far is a huge disappointment. Of course its early in the game, but i haven't encounter a single combat situation where it was noticable, and it is an annoyance in a peaceful segments.
Suggestions(maybe some of them are alredy in the game but i didn't notice?):
Reduce stamina drain when running with free hands (and\or drain more depending on weight of equiped item)
Huge stamina drains from gas and tranqs
Stamina drain from getting hurt
Stamina cap dependent on overall health
Stop regen when leaning
Actually draing it from crouch-walking
May give a small bonus if agents "hunger meter" is in a sweet spot when not hungry, but also didn't overeat

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The reaction speed and accuracy of enemies on Hardcore mode seriously need some tweaking.
I get it, it's HARDCORE mode and everything is supposed to kill you hard, but not to the point of superhuman reflexes. Christ, the cameras have next to no delay in spotting you, meaning you can't lean really quickly out of cover to see what that camera is up to. I don't know if the faster lean speed when your Stealth level is at Master is supposed to be any help, but consider the additional factor of camera's alerting nearby enemies when they have seen you for a little bit, and you have yourself a pain in the ass. Additionally, I don't know whether it's possible to sneak past the sniper on the second floor when UNATCO starts raiding Paul's hotel without getting killed before you can even perceive that fucking sniper. The only surefire solution is to throw a grenade at him before you can see eachother, which seems rather un-Deus Exian to me. It doesn't help that your movement speed doesn't seem to influence your chance to get hit at all. I've jumped in an 180 degree over an enemy's head with the speed aug, and they managed to track my movement with pinpoint accuracy and not miss a single bullet while I was flying in the air. And that was on Realistic difficulty.

That was also the first time playing Deus Ex where I just gave up trying to save Paul and just escaped through the window. I know that you can't do everything with a stealth build, though I'd prefer faster reaction times and less accuracy over faster reaction times and 100% accuracy.

Ash

Arcane
What's the point of the water gates opened by computer in there? You can easily swim under them anyway.

Mostly due to vanilla's sub-focus on realism. There really is no notable gameplay purpose to opening that door, but it is logical from a realism standpoint.

On Shifter: maybe allow to powerthrow inventory items? Certainly useful for things like extinguishers, interesting tradeoff in a pinch situations.

You can power throw inventory items in v8.0.

Stamina system so far is a huge disappointment. Of course its early in the game, but i haven't encounter a single combat situation where it was noticable, and it is an annoyance in a peaceful segments.

Too early to make a call on that. It does a great job to hinder the fleeing player. Fleeing vanilla being a catch-all tactic.

Reduce stamina drain when running with free hands (and\or drain more depending on weight of equiped item)

Maybe. Realistically JC weighs the same regardless of what's in his hands or inventory, but it may serve gameplay better to lessen the drain when empty handed for the peaceful segments.

Black

Arcane
Maybe. Realistically JC weighs the same regardless of what's in his hands or inventory, but it may serve gameplay better to lessen the drain when empty handed for the peaceful segments.
It may buff Combat Dexterity, which is good. If you're running and still stumble across trouble you want to equip your gun faster.

Ash

Arcane
Nah, just leave it for players to discover on their lonesome through experimentation. It's not an important mechanic.

I like that about old games. No spoon feeding!

The game does tell you anyway, but only if you find the "tips" button in the GMDX option menus.

Ash

Arcane
Christ, the cameras have next to no delay in spotting you, meaning you can't lean really quickly out of cover to see what that camera is up to. I don't know if the faster lean speed when your Stealth level is at Master is supposed to be any help, but consider the additional factor of camera's alerting nearby enemies when they have seen you for a little bit, and you have yourself a pain in the ass.

There is no difference in the time it takes cameras to spot you between easy and hardcore. Difficulty influences camera range, swing speed, hack strength, and additional behavior exclusive to hardcore, like the detection of corpses.

The reaction speed and accuracy of enemies on Hardcore mode seriously need some tweaking.

AI base senses statistics see very little improvement over realistic.

Additionally, I don't know whether it's possible to sneak past the sniper on the second floor when UNATCO starts raiding Paul's hotel without getting killed before you can even perceive that fucking sniper. The only surefire solution is to throw a grenade at him before you can see eachother, which seems rather un-Deus Exian to me.

Wait for the combat music to stop. That means enemies no longer know where you are. From here you can easily just toss something to divert his attention. Or use a thermoptic camo. Or toss a gas grenade. Or just instantly non-lethally take him out with a tranquilizer dart.

I've jumped in an 180 degree over an enemy's head with the speed aug, and they managed to track my movement with pinpoint accuracy and not miss a single bullet while I was flying in the air. And that was on Realistic difficulty.

Maybe I'll make player speed influence enemy accuracy slightly. In fact I will do that. Try the same event again even vanilla though. Enemies at close range pretty much never miss, unless they are a pistol wielder. Is this something I should change? I don't recall other games being any different in that regard either.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
If you got instantly detected that means that specific camera is bugged. Let me know where it is.

Ash

Arcane
The alarm is only effective for as long as the beeping exists. It's a permanent alarm state until the corpse is moved, destroyed, or the camera is disabled. Both realistic and good hardcore gameplay. You can't just wait it out like you can with other alarms, you have to do something about it. If not, be prepared for all nearby turrets and enemies to be permanently alert.

It is definitely called hardcore mode for a reason and it is absolutely not for everyone. That's why it's optional.

Last edited:

KlauZ

Educated
Its an interesting mechanic, but how its realistic? Well on the other hand, it's not like vanilla security system makes much sense in terms of realism.

Ash

Arcane
It's realistic because why would it stop alerting security until manually deactivated or the problem has been dealt with?
That's how alarms typically work in real life, no?

KlauZ

Educated
Well, it would make sense in a real world, but not in gameworld, where npc's can't wake each other up from a knock down, or drag the bodies away.

Not much point in arguing anyway, I like the mechanic, just assumed it might work not as intended.

TNO

Augur
(Mostly replying as I enjoy the discussion of mechanics - feel free to disregard as you know much more about the game than I).

Instant death! 15 damage is enough for one bullet to kill you with a headshot. Assault rifle users and commandos would be a nightmare. At most I'll increase the damage by 1.

So you mean a headshot would be a... lethal takedown? ;)

It obviously has good realism credentials (getting shot in the head with a rifle is, I gather, usually pretty lethal, rifles are obviously stronger than pistols as per real life, etc.). I'm not sure it is that bad for gameplay: it means (unless you are on lots of ballistic protection/flak jackets) that angry soldiers shooting at you should be a nightmare, rather than rather than the current damage risk being sniper >> heavy weaps > minicrossbow > shotties(if close) > pistol >AR, and I think MJ12 commandos should be frightening in a straight fight. I suggest players should be very reluctant into getting into stand-up fights with military - they should either want to stealth them, find ways of spitting them up, work out an alpha strike that takes them out, or have such 1337 skilllz and a tanky build they can kill them quickly and weather any damage they take.

As for the damage value, I'd want an AR headshot to kill unhelmeted mobs on untrained, advanced ish to kill helmeted, and maybe master+other buffs to kill commandos. Obviously with sneak attacks etc. the players AR can deal uber fast ambush kill - but this seems no biggie as ambush kills on anything except MiBs is easy (on my run my tricked out stealth pistol would kill typical mobs wth 1-2 taps and commandos in 3, and planting those shots can happen way before they can respond). If it's a huge worry one can make the recoil even worse or contemplate making the silencer give a damage nerf.

As it stands, pistols seem much stronger than rifles. They're way stronger for alpha than the AR: hemi-competant plays will guarantee a first HS, which basically kills mobs modulo an easy followup shot, and silenced hitscan weapon after Liberty letting you pop heads relatively safely whilst an AR player has to wait to HK to do the same. They seem generally much more efficient for bullets:kill due to the higher per-shot damage, especially in stand up fights where the AR should come into its own. Apart from bullet cost they seem better than an AR anyway in a firefight - you need HS to kill, and pistols with lower recoil are generally much easier to do this. They probably win in terms of utility for other weapons in the class: cross bow gets more ammo and fires underwater, whist the added range for the SR is seldom used (tricked out pistols can snipe the commandos in the plaza from Paris start, and shoot troops across the wallcloud - the only time I really wanted more range was Vandenburg. Added to this, Rifles take 4x the inventory.

In summary, the 'workhorse' of the rifle class (AR) is one of the worst weapons in the game. PLz buff more. ;)

Vanilla drops are randomized between 1-4 no matter the weapon. in v9.0 the assault rifle is now the exception, and drops 1-5, with additional odds that there will be more than 1 bullet.

People like SymbolicFrank set in their Shifter mole-popping ways do not recognize the 1-4 drops are vanilla design and claim the mod is too "restrictive" as a result, which is fucking laughable as the mod increases gameplay depth and freedom substantially. It only restricts the few things that needed to be restricted, and then adds five times as much (balanced) freedom on top.

Yeah, I know it was in vanilla, but it still annoys me, despite the balance rationale. It also means gamely strats like farming crossbow opponents to shoot off their darts is good economics. (Maybe have a 'true realism' toggle than goes for more simmy stuff at the expense of game balance?)

Often a point made by players, yet weapon skills increase reload speed, damage and accuracy, and also come with perks which do things like reduce recoil and scope sway that cannot be overridden by laser.
Laser sights are rare, you get one in the beginning and no more 'till the superfrieghter (if I recall), and you have to remember to actually use it/turn it on. It doesn't override weapon skills, but it can come close if you are an effective player that always remembers to turn it on every time.

Hands off my laser sights.

You can get a second laser in the collapsed tunnels at HK, although you need to have invested in L3/4 aqua to do it and have a good way of messing up Karkians underwater. Yet most weapon classes would only ever need two, and the 1 LS at liberty is more than sufficient as you'll apply it to your main gun (e.g. AR, stealth pistol) which you'll be doing almost all the shooting with.

It is so OP because it gives you perfect accuracy, which is by far the most important thing given combat relies on getting headshots. Reload speed is pretty irrelevant as you need to reload less as you reliably headshot all the time, LS means I have never used the scope even at extreme range: even if you can't see the dot, you can just line up your reticule so it centered on the head and tap which is usullly better than negotiating the scope sway. Recoil and damage do matter more, but you do get plenty of mods to help with this, and at least for pistols the recoil is pretty mild anyway. I think most players who realize how good it is will reliably toggle it - I bound it to one of my mouse buttons so it became a reflex on draw.

The upshot is that LS is 'worth' at least advanced skill + several mods: I'd take untrained with a stealth pistol with laser over advanced with pistol with basically all the other +x mods applied and probably some levels of targetting too (as an aside, it also means you can run'n'gun quake style as you don't need to worry about reticule width). A single weapon mod, even a rare one, shouldn't be this good. A band-aid would be to replace the laser at liberty; a better treatment is some kind of nerf like jitter, sway, or something else.

I agree that if you have master lockpick/electronics with the '1 use per' perk you start having them in the vanilla quantities but isn't that the point? Why else would you invest so heavily in those skills.

Not to mention, you sacrifice a lot of potential power if you upgrade even one of those skills fully, perks and all.

I didn't get the 1 use per perk for either, 50% is good enough for those uber hard locks/keypads, as you can generally blow up/DTS/shoot the destructable ones. I agree it is a significant investment in xp (I still got both to master at around HK without even beelining - I still picked up advanced stealth, hacking ,etc.), but notwithstanding that the rewards are too great: the hard difficulty chests often almost pay for themselves as you often get a tool/lockpick with the loot, you end up with loads of medkits and biocells which buff everything else, not to mention the weapon mods and aug canisters. At lower skill levels going for one of these chests is a major investment - at master, you can just pick them all up.

It means lockpick and electronics are the strongest skills in the game, principally because you can use the excess loot to more than compensate for the skills you lost out on: LS means you can be highly effective even at trained or untrained with guns, combat strength can substitute for lowtech weapons (although you tend to use them for sneak anyway, as I doubt you can survive on high difficulty with a style of running up to someone with the DTS), trained athletics +l4 aqua is sufficient to do the collapsed tunnel and ergo all the aquatic challenges in the game (even with master athletics you'd need Aqua or a lot of rebreathers), all the consumeables (tech googles, rebreather, etc.) can be substitued with appropiate augs. Sure, this does constrain your build, but on my runthrough I could do basically everything in the game with the possible exception of some of the environmental hazards (but even then, regen + chomping medkits can get you quite far).

Not a bug. Vanilla design. The cameras outside the base proper? We'll you've not trespassed at that point. At least I assume that's the Ion Storm logic behind it.

Yeah, I can understand outside the base. A couple on the exterior (but beyond the fence) seemed to sweep over me without alerting - maybe just surprisingly narrow FOV - I'll see if I can dredge up a save to confirm.

Black

Arcane
How much damage do explosive barrels deal (not tnt crates)? I blew up some next to ~70dr door and it didn't even put a smudge on them.

Ash

Arcane
In summary, the 'workhorse' of the rifle class (AR) is one of the worst weapons in the game. PLz buff more. ;)

Maybe.

+1 damage at most. That would already be a +33% increase.

Black said:
How much damage do explosive barrels deal (not tnt crates)? I blew up some next to ~70dr door and it didn't even put a smudge on them.

2 * ExplosionDamage / 5

Explosion damage is variable based in the type of explosive. Red Explosive Barrel = 100 (not enough for most doors after the formula) TNT Crate = 300 (enough for most doors) Yellow Explosive Barrel = 400 (pretty much anything breakable will break).

The / 5 is the "gradual hurt steps". It deals damage in steps to simulate an explosion and its blast radius. So that being in the center of the explosion means you're mince meat, and being in the outer radius you may survive.

In v9.0, now the first two hurt steps ignore geometry and will damage anything in the radius. I made the change yesterday. Coincidentally, the code for this was already there, just enabled for multiplayer only.

Black

Arcane
Moving spy drone also moves JC. Extremely annoying when you're trying to use it while crouched in a corner.

GDMX works fine launched through steam but if the name of skill doesn't match or it's Stealth (athletics- swimming) you can't buy perks.

Ash

Arcane
So, who wants to test version 9? Phase 1 testing.

I need English speaking players, French, Russian and German.
I need easy difficulty players, normal, realistic and hardcore.
I need Stealth players, combat and non-lethal.

Changelog so far. It's not much because the focus has been the "Enhanced Artistic Direction" this time around.
Well, that's probably nonsense in hindsight. Everything is just more of the same over v8.0; more glorious incline for those in the know. Those with high standards.

Also bear in mind we are two months from release, so the log is subject to change and expansion.

Localization:

GMDX is now available in the following languages:

English
French
German
Russian

Artificial Intelligence:

-Human NPCs now lay down suppressive fire.
-Spiderbots can walk on the ceiling.
-Walker bots suffering critical levels of health attempt to suicide self-destruct near the player if specific conditions are met (Hardcore mode only).
-Military bots that have spotted the player take faster strides/move faster, returning to normal when no longer in combat (Hardcore mode only).
-Added minor diversity to what an NPC decides to do after triggering an alarm.
-NPCs in combat that are moving to a location and see the player often will immediately stop and shoot, rather than running around like dumbasses.
-Improved behaviour related to NPCs opening doors in combat.
-Robots ram down doors blocking their path.
-Enemies set on fire no longer run into walls if they can't find water.
-Enemies that are melee-based and can't reach the player will run away and hide (e.g player is on ladder, Karkian cannot reach so will go hide).
-Enemies with blast radius-based weaponry may open fire even if the player is right in their face, if their health is critical.
-Hostile AI attempting to move to a location will immediately stop and attack if they bump into the player, rather than attempting to move around him to get
to that location. That and a number of other AI pathfinding optimizations.
-AI accuracy with grenade throws has a touch more randomization to it to cut down on frequent perfect pitches, and
LAMs are thrown by more NPC types.
-NPCs no longer break open footlockers by running into them.
-if the player is blocking the path of an alarm unit an NPC is attempting to get to and press, the NPC will instead attack, if equipped with a weapon.
-AI stealth-related stats have been nerfed a little on realistic mode.
-The advanced security bot now uses a new/previously unused model.
-Greately diversified how an NPC behaves when seeking the source of a disturbance.
-Minor improvement to the new NPC melee attack/gun bash system.
-If an NPC runs into glass in combat they will stop and shoot it rather than steamrolling right through it.
-NPCs are no longer scared or turn hostile when the player is running around with a crate of TNT.
-Enabled some overlooked NPC vocal reactions to the player clowning around (like throwing a basketball at them).
-Hitting the torso of the enemy now has a damage multiplier of 4. (vanilla = 2. GMDXv8.0 = 3).
-The advanced patrol bot met later in the game now reacts to sound disturbances.
-Security camera FOV is higher on hardcore mode.
-Snipers now take their time to fire on all except hardcore mode.

Player-Controlled Mechanics:

-You can now jump from ladders.
-You can now lean over edges, as in System Shock.
-You can now pick up objects that have other objects standing on top of them, providing they both aren't too heavy.
-You can now attempt to jump from water even if there is no reachable ledge to grab.
-Mantling has been improved considerably.
-When throwing objects with a normal right click throw, throw accuracy is precise (vanilla had very noticable randomization, resulting in it being difficult
to get a basketball in the hoop for example).
-The GEP Gun's remote controlled rocket steering is no longer inverted on the Y axis & pressing the left mouse button will boost the remote rocket.
-With nothing in hand, left clicking on doors will put either a lockpick or nanokey ring in your hand.
Doing the same for hackable electronics will put multitools in hand.

Weaponry:

-The laser sight attachment no longer automatically turns off when mantling.
-New simulated reload movement effects.
-Heavy weapon sizes are reduced from 4x2 to 3x2, taking up 6 slots as opposed to 8.
-Improved new recoil handling system further.
-Weapon damage displayed in the inventory now changes based on the ammo type currently loaded.
-Improved dynamic cover animations.
-Explosions ignore geometry at a radius of 20% the explosion's blast radius.
-Improved camera firing effects.
-Improved a large number of vanilla technical flaws with the Assault Rifle.
-The assault rifle now accepts rate of fire mods.
-Crossbow darts are not visually present in the weapon until halfway through the reload process.
-Ejected shell casings are no longer visually different if you attach a silencer, as in GMDX shell casings differ based on ammo type.
-Improved flamethrower handling effects.
-Optimized the new flamethrower flame effects for better performance.

User Interface/HUD:

-The health and augmentations screens now display a variety of general statistics.
-Added a number of functional & cosmetic improvements to the augmentation screen.
-Improved dynamic crosshair behaviour.

Audio:

-Climbing ladders now has sound effects.
-Added some new subtle UI audio effects.
-Movers will play the appropriate footstep sounds as opposed to defaulting to concrete sounds.
-Hitting corpses with melee weapons will play the appropriate body hit sound as opposed to the sound of hitting the floor underneath them.
-Security Bots play their unused critical damage sound if health is less than 20%.
-Restored some unused music on the small "Dockyard_ShipFan" level (ventilation system with spiderbots).
-Gunther's movement sounds now sounds different to the bot's.
-Various other miscellaneous tweaking and additions.

Augmentations:

-Added two new augmentations.
-The Cloak and Radar Transparency augmentations now have new visual effects each.
-The spy drone now bounces off of level geometry upon collision, rather than losing all velocity.
-The Vision Augmentation now displays in full screen and has some aesthetic alterations.
-Improved the microfibral Muscle augmentation's physics and it now drains minor energy.
-New item: the "Augmentation Override Cannister". No spoilers as to what it does!
-The EUAS Aug player light levels HUD readout now represents how visible the player is more accurately.
-The Target Augmentation's scanning text has now been moved to the location of the target window so as to not distract the player.

Miscellaneous:

-Updated tutorial.
-Recieving ammo during conversations now displays how much ammo you were given.
-If the player runs/jumps/falls into glass at high velocities the glass will break and the player will go right through it.
-stamina now regenerates when crouched (if idle).
-Approximately 15 new interactive objects.
-The conditions for picking up carryable objects are more lenient (less "no room to lift that").
-On hardcore mode breath/stamina meter is not automatically refilled when entering water.
-Tied a number of new headbob and camera interpolation effects added in GMDXv8.0 to the vanilla headbob option for those that suffer with motion sickness.
-There is now a displayed name distinction between quicksaves and autosaves.
-Pressing the "Secondary Weapon" key while your secondary weapon is in your hand equipped (as if a primary weapon), you will attack with said weapon.
-Added some new config options, including the ability to decline the game's hundreds of combat knifes when looting.
-Dropping stacks via the inventory results in the dropped items spread out over a slightly wider area, to prevent immersion breaking towers.
-Standing on objects that cannot be stood on will throw you off more realistically.

Skills/Perks:

-Thermoptic camo only enables you to pass through laser alarms undetected if you have the "Tech Specialist" perk.
-The "Nimble" perk now makes climbing ladders silent, in addition to mantling.
-The "In Bulk" perk has been replaced with the "Focused: Heavy Weapons" perk now that heavy weapon inventory sizes are more reasonable by default.

Level Design:

-The focus of GMDXv9.0. The "Enhanced Artistic Direction". In addition to new interactivity, polish, balancing, all the usual goodness.

Graphics & Effects:

-New hi-res textures.
-A bunch of new 3D models.
-Additional level design detail.
-Fixed a modern renderer lighting issue where all meshes didn't blend into their environment well.
-Set all translucent water to "low translucency" mode, as default was far too clear.
-Fixed LOD issues with HDTP's Trashcans and Barrels.
-Added new skin for the stealth pistol.
-Added a new optional realistic headbobbing effect.
-Gore effects toned down and further polished.
-The laser dot is only larger when emmitted by weapon laser sight. Laser trigger dots are vanilla size.

Bug Fixes:

-Vanilla Bugfix: ensured an end-game scenario cannot be met at the Hong Kong Helibase event if Jock misses his shot at blowing up the door.
-Vanilla Bugfix: finally got that darn new game inventory bug.
-Vanilla Bugfix: fixed the speed enhancement super jump exploit.
-Vanilla Bugfix: you can now successfully throw objects while running forward (originally you'd run into the object as it is thrown, causing it to drop straight to the floor).
-Vanilla Bugfix: Projectile-based weapon accuracy now matches the current crosshair representation closely.
-Vanilla Bugfix: Fixed an edge case game breaking bug where sometimes Page would not spawn in the holoprojecter at vandenburg.
-Vanilla Bugfix: the assault gun's fire sound plays per bullet rather than playing a five round burst sound regardless of # of shots fired.
-Vanilla Bugfix: Weapons dropped to the floor by NPCs give ammo, as opposed to none.
-Vanilla Bugfix: When burnt to destruction, fire goes out as the object is destroyed, rather than 1 second before.
-Vanilla Bugfix: fixed a moderately rare bug where Paul refused to converse with the player in the Hotel after having sent the NSF signal.
-Vanilla Bugfix: shooting unconscious NPCs, throwing them in water and so on kills them.
-Vanilla Bugfix: saving while crouched, then loading that save game doesn't force you to the standing position.
-Vanilla Bugfix: when picking up objects under rare circumstances you are no longer forced to drop it.
-Vanilla Bugfix: carried/throwable objects will no longer magically disappear from your hands when climbing ladders and under other rare circumstances.
-Vanilla Bugfix: Added a successful (this time) fix to the amount of ammo Kaplan and Carter give you.
-The "do not place" test box bug when interacting with corpses if you have the the interaction auto holster option enabled is now fixed.
-Fixed an ai cooldown issue affecting a bot activated via an alarm being triggered in the dockyard map.
-Fixed a BSP error on the brooklyn bridge station map.
-fixed a rare issue where pawns with the pistol would not immediately turn to face the target before shooting.
-JoJo now finds a path to the Rentons, and the UNATCO ambush event happens without error.
-The "Short Fuse" and "Combat Medic's Bag" perks now actually work properly.
-The advanced security bot with cloaking now deactivates it upon returning to patrol (just like the humans with cloaking do post-GMDXv6.0), and can also be
destroyed by the plasma rifle without error.
-Pepper spray and other gasses no longer trigger laser alarms, same as in vanilla.
-Fixed a pathfinding error on the batterypark_02 map.
-Fragments no longer spawn splash effects when hitting water for performance reasons.
-The "Death Perspective" option no longer causes occassional crashing if set to First Person.
-Throwing Knives assigned as a Secondary Weapon no longer can be thrown underwater.
-Tear gas doesn't produce splashing effects when entering water.
-Fixed bug where right clicking inventory icons while dragging another caused the dragged item to disappear.
-Fixed a minor visual inconsistency on the Skills UI screen
-Ensured the player cannot set all custom color theme colors black, as this will result in a broken menu.
-Used a superior method of playing a sound effect when a body hits the floor after being thrown.
-Amended a couple typos.
-You no longer "auto-mantle" at the top of ladders if you press the jump key while on the ladder at any point.
-Made some additional performance optimizations.

Balancing & Difficulty Adjustment:

-Reduced Synthetic heart energy drain considerably and halved the light aug's drain.
-Grenades are inaccurate on hardcore mode unless you have the respective skill.
-There was already more ammo available on the lower difficulty modes. Now even more is available.
-Further additional handicap tweaks for lower difficulty modes.
-You now cannot assign any melee weapon as a secondary weapon without the "inventive" perk.
-Reduced the damage of the starting melee weapons.
-Altered stamina drain values.
-Reduced the health of the minature spiderbot variant.
-The MJ12 ambush in Area51 now detects if the player has been ghosting/non-lethaling, and if so this ambush event does not happen.
-Minicrossbow steel dart damage reduced by 4.
-Prod default clip size increased to 3.
-Biocells are half as effective at recharging suits and armors.
-Taser darts incapacitate enemies for half the duration the riot prod does.
-Cameras have slightly less health (to increase the effectiveness of AP 10mm ammo and sabot primarily).
-Mini crossbow darts hitting walls alerts guards at a more realistic range.
-Added a couple extra assault gun clips in the interest of ammo balancing.
-The large green metal shiiping crate can now be destroyed.
-Enemy assault rifle ammo drops range from 1-5 bullets, with additional odds in your favor of a good drop.
-Nerfed the damage of rubber bullets & thrown inventory items, and improved rubber bullet behaviour.
-Increased the plasma rifle's effectiveness VS bots.

Scrapped content:

-Removed UMP, USP and Laser Rifle (to be available via optional add-on).
-Removed 20mm EMP grenades.
-Removed "drops of blood on your shades" effect.
-Removed plasma rifle gibbing.
-NPC Head decapitation is disabled as was originally intended (because it's incomplete).
-Removed power-throwing of corpses.

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
Throw it at me, I'll start by playing normal then realistic stealth non-lethal
-Minicrossbow steel dart damage reduced by 4.
-Removed power-throwing of corpses.
Nevermind, installing Revision :rpgcodex:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom