Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Also untrained athletics :M

that's the problem. Once you upgrade it once, it stops being a problem.

Maybe you should stop eating

Ash

Arcane
New thing:

-Grays have a new psychic attack (hardcore mode only).

They lift you up with telekinesis, hold you there and blast radiation rings at you, then throw you into walls or sometimes opt to just drop you. You can break free from the attack by killing them as you can still aim and shoot as they hold you.

Hardcore only? Available on all difficulties? Scrap it? There is no mention of Grays having psychic ability in DX. Invisible War made grays telepathic, but that's Invisible War and is irrelevant :P
It also makes their origins less ambiguous. They are actually meant to be (test tube) aliens, but many players thought they were just genetically engineered monkeys as a result of that skeptic mechanic you talk to.
Lastly, they're meant to be raised in cages since birth, so having control of psychic ability without significant mental development through learning is questionable, but you'd still assume it would be an innate natural ability to that species, if they were to have it all.

I was also going to give them telekinesis for objects in the environment which they throw at you, then you could have crate throwing battles with grays, but they're probably scary enough as it is.

Last edited:

DavetheGrave

Literate
New thing:

They lift you up with telekinesis, hold you there and blast radiation rings at you, then throw you into walls or sometimes opt to just drop you. You can break free from the attack by killing them as you can still aim and shoot as they hold you.

Hardcore only? Available on all difficulties? Scrap it? There is no mention of Grays having psychic ability in DX. Invisible War made grays telepathic, but that's Invisible War and is irrelevant :P
It also makes their origins less ambiguous. They are actually meant to be (test tube) aliens, but many players thought they were just genetically engineered monkeys as a result of that skeptic mechanic you talk to.
Lastly, they're meant to be raised in cages since birth, so having control of psychic ability without significant mental development through learning is questionable, but you'd still assume it would be an innate natural ability to that species, if they were to have it all.

I was also going to give them telekinesis for objects in the environment which they throw at you, then you could have crate throwing battles with grays, but they're probably scary enough as it is.
I don't like the idea. It introduces too much woo-woo magic stuff into a game that is pretty grounded in reality.

Latelistener

Arcane
m8cc.jpg

163.gif

n8cc.jpg

Black

Arcane
New thing:

I don't like the idea. It introduces too much woo-woo magic stuff into a game that is pretty grounded in reality.
I'm against for a different reason previously mentioned- aliums are scary as it is. Super fast, tough, aoe around them and fire AIDS.
Having said that, I'm for adding more aliums to where it'd be appropriate for them to appear. That doesn't leave that many places for them to be tho.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane

Dude...Aliens that emit lethal doses of radiation and are telepathic in the sequel? Obviously I haven't crossed any major boundary here (from what Ion Storm would do), but I do share your concern, as the Alien's implementation in the original was just the right amount of subtle. Definitely either going to be scrapped or hardcore exclusive.

Black

Arcane
Is there some way to make how much ammo you have and how much you can have max? As it is you need to go to inventory, select the ammo tab and scroll down to look for the ammo type you're interested in.

Black

Arcane
I think MJ12 scrapped some alien DNA from the Roosevelt UFO and then cloned them

Ash

Arcane
Well this has to be the best argument to the contrary: https://zireael07.wordpress.com/2014/02/21/repost-deus-ex-grays/

Maybe I'm wrong. It's some elaborate misdirection if so. And yeah, it is said they have part Alien DNA from the Roswell incident. The game never specifically says they don't, but it does "say" they do, but perhaps only to mislead the public.
Where else does this radiation immunity and telepathy come from though? Water bear DNA?

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
I'm sure at the end of the day Square and Eidos will work out a great in-your-face explanation of grays in another prequel or dlc that will be understood even by biggest mouthbreathers and there will be not even a sliver of shadow as to where they came from.
:negative:

Ash

Arcane
Nah, worry not, Animals don't exist in the prequels let alone transgenics or alleged Aliens.

KlauZ

Educated
One scientist in VersaLife mentions that JC looks like he might have the Gift. I doubt they meant a gift from VersaLife, so "naturally" evolved phenomenon present in this world?

radiation immunity
Radiotrophic fungus?

Black

Arcane
I'm fairly certain that "the gift" in VL was meant to be about psionics, they even talk about it down there.

Ash

Arcane
And therefore possibly related to telepathy somehow. But for all we know mention of "the gift" is just insane ramblings. Those data entry employees are hilarious.

In a former life I was a mule dragging a stone plow up a hill in Northern Thailand.

Black

Arcane
I like listening to the stuff npcs say to each other, a shame with some of the guard you almost have to be in their face to hear it.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I wonder. How's a guy with a tattooed forehead get to be an NSF colonel? Pardon
me, but back in Alabama we wouldn't let a man who wears earrings plan a military
operation.

RoSoDude

Arcane
-Restored some unused music on the small "Dockyard_ShipFan" level (ventilation system with spiderbots).

This reminds me:

Does the Paris Catacombs level still have no music? I agree that the Paris music is overused (and its combat track is godawful), but it felt really odd to have no music in this level. I still think the Tunnels music would fit nicely, and there's even an unused Tunnels conversation track that could work.

Also, isn't there an unused graveyard music track? The level's silence always felt odd to me.

That reminds me, and this one is a longshot: Could anything be added for the scenario where you keep the Ambrosia vial from the Superfreighter, don't give it to Dowd, and bring it to Tong? The first time I did that I was disappointed that nothing happened. I don't know if there's much you COULD do, though, as there isn't any existing conversation for it I imagine.

That polish blog is neat. I hadn't read those dev emails before which mentioned some older cut locations and characters.

.Pixote.

Augur
I'm playing hardcore - and I noticed that when I was carrying a explosive barrel from one loading zone to another it changed to a normal metal barrel. Hardcore is an extremely challenging mode - I don't recommend it for 99% of the players out there. I'm yet to see a YouTube walk-through on the net, so I'm wondering if it has been completed successfully...I cant even get out of the cell area after been captured.

:rage:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom