Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm playing hardcore - and I noticed that when I was carrying a explosive barrel from one loading zone to another it changed to a normal metal barrel. Hardcore is an extremely challenging mode - I don't recommend it for 99% of the players out there. I'm yet to see a YouTube walk-through on the net, so I'm wondering if it has been completed successfully...I cant even get out of the cell area after been captured.

:rage:

In the cell area you just need to sneak out, grab the melee weapon off the desk and then go inside one of the closer cells. The code is in the datacube next to the weapon.

Wait for the guard to walk past and then walk up behind him for the ol' one shot to the back of the head.

I'm currently leaving VersaLife level 2 on Hardcore and the worst bits for me have been both NSF warehouses. :argh:

KlauZ

Educated
PS2 adventures continue:
West station is blocked off from upper platform by door and electric field.
yvwUIop.jpg

Though since vanilla level is much more open-ended, it wouldn't work.

There are also two security rooms with some equipment on upper platform:
MpMsYtD.jpg
rZiqajb.jpg

And a utility room
TNebyJ0.jpg

Broken train car is better integrated in the map:
Vf4eNU0.jpg
K9fJGTF.jpg

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
I'm playing hardcore - and I noticed that when I was carrying a explosive barrel from one loading zone to another it changed to a normal metal barrel. Hardcore is an extremely challenging mode - I don't recommend it for 99% of the players out there. I'm yet to see a YouTube walk-through on the net, so I'm wondering if it has been completed successfully...I cant even get out of the cell area after been captured.

I'd rank it 6/10 on the difficulty scale. If that.
Requires good knowledge of the game though, ideally. It's basically Ash mode. It's designed for myself.

Also, isn't there an unused graveyard music track? The level's silence always felt odd to m

I can't do anything about that realistically.

That reminds me, and this one is a longshot: Could anything be added for the scenario where you keep the Ambrosia vial from the Superfreighter, don't give it to Dowd, and bring it to Tong? The first time I did that I was disappointed that nothing happened. I don't know if there's much you COULD do, though, as there isn't any existing conversation for it I imagine.

Yeah, dialogue needed.

Last edited:

Latelistener

Arcane

In the cell area you just need to sneak out, grab the melee weapon off the desk and then go inside one of the closer cells. The code is in the datacube next to the weapon.

Wait for the guard to walk past and then walk up behind him for the ol' one shot to the back of the head.

I'm currently leaving VersaLife level 2 on Hardcore and the worst bits for me have been both NSF warehouses. :argh:

Dear+god+what+the+hell+is+that+_8635cce2c5321aa0d8048a91c57e9588.jpg

VGcc.jpg

WGcc.jpg
I'm on Realistic by the way.

:kingcomrade:

Latelistener

Arcane
Does anyone else experiencing a weird sound issue while talking to the soldier just outside of Queens Tower in HK?

Ash

Arcane
Yes. My best guess is that sound file is corrupt, the audio file is not in the right format or something. Yet I don't remember it happening vanilla. Maybe it's the GOTY version though. Odd either way.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Does anyone else experiencing a weird sound issue while talking to the soldier just outside of Queens Tower in HK?
I got a weird echoing sound bug there on my current playthrough, every time an NPC were walking his footsteps sounded like looped, echoing dialogue or something.

I just kept playing and it went away by itself shortly afterwards.

Ash

Arcane
I just loaded the GOTY version of the map w/the unofficial map patch. Happens there too. It's triggered by talking to the Military Police NPC outside Queens Tower, as Latelistener mentioned.

KlauZ

Educated
Come to think of it, even better solution to InvToolbelt would probably be setting it to holster button instead of use button

Ash

Arcane
Yes. Immersion-breaking pop-ups. Moment to moment choice-influencing trophies. In Deus Ex.

The Deus Ex fanbase asked for this by falling for the hype while ignoring the true incline.

Ash

Arcane
As has been mentioned before, the exp only influences exploration, which already is influenced in a multitude of ways with things like weapon mods, aug upgrades, ammo, credits, and general exciting things to see and do. Therefore there's no harm done if the placement of the exp rewards are good...which arguably it isn't 100% of the time.

Ash

Arcane
Exploration is a requirement to complete objectives anyway, as there are no objective markers. Half the experience of Deus Ex is in the exploration. It should be encouraged.

I will and have tried to improve the placement of exp bonuses, but not by much.

Black

Arcane
Does the game autosave on exit if you're playing on realistic/hardcore?

.Pixote.

Augur
You can exploit the saving between the different loading areas...cheaty, but sometimes necessary on hardcore. I can't recommend master lock-pick and electrical enough, with the bonus perk that allows single picks on locks - panels, it really makes collecting tools and picks less critical.

Question: The secondary goal of drinking with the Dragon heads at the Lucky club (Hong Kong)...how to make this happen?

Last edited:

Latelistener

Arcane
Question: The secondary goal of drinking with the Dragon heads at the Lucky club (Hong Kong)...how to make this happen?
Just talk to Gordon Quick on the second floor near the bar (where barista was, at least when he was alive in my case). I wasn't able to locate Max Chen though, but he appeared after the second visit to VersaLife on his usual place. Really weird kind of celebration party, to be honest.

.Pixote.

Augur
Is it possible to make bodies gib if thrown from decent heights, Versalife 3rd level balconies for instance. ATM they just fall flat and pool blood. They wouldn't need to explode like watermelons, but some messy carnage would be entertaining. Allowing them to kill or injure NPC with direct hits could be interesting.

:deadtroll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom