Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

Ash

Arcane
Well, to be fair he wasn't calling for something super spooky, but rather something arguably fitting and subtle, but it'd still change the tone of the map in a potentially negative way since it's just a graveyard and in reality there is nothing about it to be afraid of except the big bad conspiring shadow organization waiting in ambush. So if it is to be spooky it should only be so in the player's head, rather than something unrealistic reinforcing it.
Vandenberg tunnels or the ocean lab on the other hand actually are spooky, as you have transgenic beasts that escaped their cages and dead bodies strewn about the place.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
GMDX could really do with another texture artist or two to get some extra eye candy in the game before release. Somebody to reskin a couple HDTP weapons would be highly beneficial too. Some HDTP weapons are low-res while others are high, and reskinning could really go a long way with little workload from an artist.

Ash

Arcane
Yeah. Disagreements over design, art style faithfulness and such. No longer a collaboration there.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Unatco music over Joe Rogan's latest interview with Alex Jones. Haha!

Hmm? This isn't the unatco track from the original. It's either some remix, or a track from the popamole DXs. It's good tho, anybody has a link for the actual track?

Last edited:

Sidrian

Novice
Thanks for great mod, Ash.
My first ever Deus Ex playthrough was fantastic.
Having high stealh, hacking, lockpicks and electronics allowed to to have multiple ways to accomplish almost most of the tasks.
Looking forward to do another more fighting oriented run with GMDX 9.

Ash

Arcane
Thanks for great mod, Ash.
My first ever Deus Ex playthrough was fantastic.
Having high stealh, hacking, lockpicks and electronics allowed to to have multiple ways to accomplish almost most of the tasks.
Looking forward to do another more fighting oriented run with GMDX 9.

:salute:

That and DuClare Chateau compete for my favorite DX track.

Ash Dude, where is the high caliber revolver we talked about a couple of years back? Pistol/gunfighter fans need some love, the glock/9mm ain't doing it. Have it use sniper or shotgun bullets so you won't have to create new ammo, and make it really loud to balance out the high damage. Dooooooooo it. ;)

Jazz_

Arcane
For some reason when I take screenshots in GMDX they come out distorted and in black and white? has anyone else had this issue?

Ash

Arcane
Try changing renderer, or if you're an advanced user then change renderer config. That's usually the answer to all graphical problems with Deus Ex. For that particular issue, never heard of it reported before. could also be whatever software you're using to take the shot.

Ash Dude, where is the high caliber revolver we talked about a couple of years back? Pistol/gunfighter fans need some love, the glock/9mm ain't doing it. Have it use sniper or shotgun bullets so you won't have to create new ammo, and make it really loud to balance out the high damage. Dooooooooo it. ;)

Not my field, and all new weapons have been removed in v9.0 anyway. They weren't up to the quality Deus Ex deserves, so off to the garbage bin they went. The game deserves nothing but the best.

Speaking of the best, a news announcement is imminent. Nearly there.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Stupid question time - if I drop your weapons mods (that increase damage etc.) in UNATCO HQ in my office then can I pick them up later? Even after my escape from their "basement base"?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom