Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
The laser does add an interesting dynamic where you can focus on leveling different skills and not suck at shooting,but it is insanely powerful.How much of it are in the game?

Important laser notes:

-Has to be turned on first.
-There are 5-6 lasers in the game, however you acquire them gradually over time, and ammo is limited, so at the start you only have one weapon with a laser on it that will run out of ammo if you spam it.
-It is not an adequate substitute to weapon skills, which increase accuracy, damage and reload speed for all weapons of that weapon category. Personally I see laser as something to use in the beginning of the game until you max the corresponding skill, or when your arms get severely damaged when you have master skill turning on the laser overrides the accuracy loss.

Assault Rifle

With the laser working the way it does,the assault rifle isn't as crucial really.With Shifter the only way to effectively use pistols was dumping points into the skill so the assualt rifle had to do the midrange work.Now the AR can be save for close-mid range dps so I can see it working much better than I did before.

By the way, the mod features a new automatic weapon that uses the same ammo as the assault rifle, so you can use that instead. It is smaller in the inventory but performace-wise is inferior to the Assault rifle. However, no burst so all ammo wastage is on you.

BTW I am playing exclusively on realistic,not a fan of limited saves or fixed save points.

Understandable, that's why I made it optional. Hardcore mode has had much testing before, so it needs no more.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I thought it was pretty funny that the NSF in the Bronx (the automated fight in the park) immediately started shooting at me on the roof of the 'Ton when the fight breaks out with the UNATCO guys.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Yeah, it sucks that the AI automatically know where you are when in the attacking state regardless of any other conditions. It helps them be an actual threat though, so you cant for example silenced snipe from miles away without them being confused as fuck. If they see their buddy go down, that's it, state attacking, you could be miles away, but they are coming for you. Fixing this would be good for simulation, bad for gameplay. I usually go with whatever benefits the gameplay more, same as the original developers.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Or you could spend just a few minutes to complete your thoughts instead of constantly fucking posting.....

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Or you could spend just a few minutes to complete your thoughts instead of constantly fucking posting.....

Or you could give me my fucking edit button back. Mistakes are perfectly natural, we all make them. Do you have any idea the mess this mod would be without undo & delete functions? Video games as we know it would be so very simple as one simple mistake could bring the whole hierarchy down. I've thought many a time I can use this posting restriction to help me achieve higher levels of quality in my posts, but this will happen naturally & mistakes just fucking happen, I have other things to worry about than pleasing the shitty anarchistic Codex.
How about we take your edit functionality away, see how you handle it? Those 27,443 posts you made, how many did you edit, Mr. Perfectionist?

Fuck you.

Ask any coder, where thier job is to create 100% perfect syntax. Do they ever consistently achieve this? No. Writers, they have things called editors, because they do not achieve perfection. And this is for a fucking job. I'm simply here getting help for my passion-driven project, there is no money involved here...but because I have the ability to edit my project, I can achieve perfection. That's what the concept of testing is even fucking for.

Last edited:
Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Feel free to lodge a complaint in the Feedback forum.

Which will do absolutely nothing.

Look, I like it here but you know this admin + moderator dictatorship is unfair.

Last edited:
Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Show some support instead of trolling. Sign up for testing. Since you are obviously a old school gaming enthusiast you should discover a lot to love. There's a lot of reason and method in the design of this mod. It isn't like a good number of mods where design decisions are thrown together because "I liked this in another game", or some such. I strive to build upon Looking Glass' legacy the best I can. You won't find no nude NPCs or Thomas Tank dragons, to be an extremist.

Alfons

Prophet
No edit button sure seems like a smart....decision?

Anyway,I am now in the MJ12 sewer base.Here are some observations:

With untrained pistol skill the stealth pistol does 11 damage,it kills NSF guys with one headshot and MJ12 guys with 2 headshots. With trained pistol skill it does 12 damage and kills MJ12 guys with a single headshot too.
With untrained pistol skill the USP does 12 damage,it kills NSF guys with one headshot and MJ12 guys with 2 headshots. With trained pistol skill it does 13 damage and kills MJ12 guys with a single headshot too.

Is this because headshots check your weapon skill? Or does the game actually takes fractions into account but doesn't show them in the weapon stats,so even though it says damage is 12 it's actually 12.1?

Is this because headshots check your weapon skill? Or does the game actually takes fractions into account but doesn't show them in the weapon stats,so even though it says damage is 12 it's actually 12.1?

Yes. Multiplied to a greater effect with headshots. In the vanilla game the in-game weapon statistics are simplified a little over the true values and some information is also missing, such as the weapon skill's affects on reload speed. GMDX does nothing to change this admittedly. Added another note.

Though the simplified statistics is one one hand a good thing. Somewhere in game design there IS a line that crosses into needless complexity territory. Whether fixing this would be crossing that line I'm not sure. On one hand the game sure be hardcore, and the game should have proper representation of the math, on the other what the original developers did makes the systems easier to understand for a wider variety of players. This is a hardcore, elitist, uncompromising mod however, so such things do not need to be considered.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alfons

Prophet
Yes. Multiplied to a greater effect with headshots. In the vanilla game the in-game weapon statistics are simplified a little over the true values and some information is also missing, such as the weapon skill's affects on reload speed. GMDX does nothing to change this admittedly. Added another note.

So weapon skill affects headshots damage? I don't understand what you wrote.

If you have any plans of fixing the statistics,adding "shots per second" for melee weapons would be nice too.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Without looking at the code to be certain, because I am too knackered for that shit: Total damage dealt from a headshot= weaponDamage*weaponSkillMultiplier*heatshotMultiplier. This includes decimal numbers.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Made some improvements to the GEP remote guidance system and improvements to rocket effects:

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Some pretty pictures.

GMDX_NSFH3.jpg

GMDX_PARIS_STATION.jpg

GMDX_NSFHQ2.jpg

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
I've been working on some special effects since my playtesters are not giving me anything to do:

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Edit: Eh, It only just occurred to me that the gore bones needs a bloodied texture, so that is now done. The power of EDITING!

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
v6.1 release date: 20/08/14.

Now named a "Deus Ex Advancement mod". Why? It fixes bugs, but it's not solely a bug fix mod. It improves the game's visuals, but it's not a graphics mod. It improves audio design, but it's not a SFX mod. It improves the gameplay primarily, but does a whole lot more so it doesn't justify being labelled a gameplay mod. So, overhaul mod then? No. GMDX doesn't take the game apart and reconstruct it, it builds upon what is already there as very little was in need of removal. What GMDX does is seeks to advance Deus Ex's design as if the original developers spent more time on it.
I feel I understand very well what Deus Ex and it's Immersive Sim brethren are and that I am a suitable candidate to expand upon those old concepts, only without compromise: this is not for newcomers.
GMDX in combination with HDTP and New Vision covers nearly every aspect of design, an exception being the timeless writing which needs no further work.

Prepare to experience the next level.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
GMDX_Canal.jpg

GMDX_NYC_4.jpg

GMDX_SHIP.jpg

Image #1: there was a whole lot of nothingness here before.
#2: Rooftop detail.
#3: Much needed structural support for the Superfreighter bay.

I've been nailing a couple of bugs so the intended release date hasn't been met. Quality is more important than deadlines...It'll be done when it's done, which will be very soon.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
GMDX's new website is now online. It's not optimized for mobile yet.
Criticism welcome.

v6.1 of the mod will be released on 30/08/2014.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Just done a last minute update: if you have master stealth skill and are leaning you are slightly less likely to be seen. Taking notes from Dishonored but not going as far as to make you completely invisible (unless not in cover).

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
GMDX's new website is now online. It's not optimized for mobile yet.
Criticism welcome.

v6.1 of the mod will be released on 30/08/2014.
Looks very futuristic but it seems there are some bugs with alignment of icons
Ae5aiyE.png
It looks this way on aug, weapon and skill screen for me.
I'm using firefox 31.0

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom