Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

God DAMN Divinity II is addictive

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
...I'll just play for a few more minutes.

2 hours later...

...Shit. I gotta go to bed. I'll just level up real quick...

It's now 3:00AM.

:(

Haven't played a game in a long time that's had this effect on me. These guys definitely did something right. I was actually quite disappointed with the game at first, now I'm like a used up backalley Divinity II crackwhore.

I started with Ego Draconis -- I assume the Vengeance part just picks up after that? I may never get a good night's sleep again.

FUN!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah, It's a very addictive and fun 3D diablo clone (with a great skill system). Sadly I have done everything quest wise, and am now at the %$#$@# fortresses. Granted they are not plot specific, but I just cant pass up all that XP and lewt. Even with DII's fucking shitty RNG loot system.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I just did a few fortresses and passed on the rest due to sanity. One I did very thoroughly - killed everything, the other I just kinda skipped all the trash and went for the boss mobs. I wasn't really hurting for XP after the first fortress.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Ulthrings Armor is just fucking amazing, and you can pick up one piece in each fortress iirc, so skipping it is not an option. Though the battlemage armor in FoV is even better...forgot the name though.

Jaesun said:
Y pass up all that XP and lewt.

You do realize that there's no reason to grind xp? The way the xp system works it evens out quickly and you'll end up the same level. It's also no diablo clone- mindless combat aside- in FOV you spend more time exploring and talking than you do in combat.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Might as well ask here: I've just acquired my Battletower in the dragonknight saga and I'm a bit of a loss of what to do next. The only new area accessible to me is Orobas Fjords. Now then I go down there I'm able to swim to a couple of beaches and clear out a couple of mines, but there's a shimmering wall I can get past in order to get to the city in that area. Plus there are a couple areas on the cliffs which I think I need to be able to fly to get to. But there's no way to turn into a dragon out here, keeps saying I need more space. Figured maybe I need to fly off from my tower, but whenever I go there I can't use 'Leave Tower' button. And can't turn into a dragon anywhere either. The heck am I supposed to be doing next? Might have to look at a walkthrough I guess.

Eyeball

Arcane
Played the demo. Looks very pretty and has a good skill system.

I'd get it for sure, if only it didn't have the unfortunate habit of overheating my laptop and shutting it down after 5 minutes of gameplay.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Eyeball said:
Played the demo. Looks very pretty and has a good skill system.

I'd get it for sure, if only it didn't have the unfortunate habit of overheating my laptop and shutting it down after 5 minutes of gameplay.

It does the same to my graphics card. Just got my scaly form, and it's overheating too quickly to really be worth playing. Will keep playing for sure as soon as I bother getting that fixed.

However, I seem to have fucked up by focusing on both melee and magic (maybe 2:1). I'm encountering hordes of level 10 bandits that surround me and rape my face in seconds. Oops.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Ulthrings Armor is just fucking amazing, and you can pick up one piece in each fortress iirc, so skipping it is not an option.

Awesome! Thanks for the tip.

Sergiu64 said:
but there's a shimmering wall I can get past in order to get to the city in that area.

The wall stops you only if you are in dragon form.

I've finished the whole Dragon Knight Saga yesterday with an archer build (goddamn that shit is way too powerful, especially combination of Way of Ranger and Splitting Arrows). This game(s) was a pleasant surprise for me. Definitely addictive, spent a few sleepless nights on it. Lots of interesting quests, especially in FoV. Character system that allows for much variety, ability to mindread characters and having your own big-ass tower with servants is neat. I'll definitely replay this with a different build. I just wish there was more challenge in FoV, way too much skill books.

Jaesun said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Ulthrings Armor is just fucking amazing, and you can pick up one piece in each fortress iirc, so skipping it is not an option.

Just don't forget to mindread all the bosses, they won't drop it otherwise.

*EDIT* I also like how self aware this game is, there are quite a few genuinely funny pop culture references. Like the "Terminator" bit.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Apparently the rendering of shadows in this embodiment of Gamebro (grrr) is what's chewing up most GPU's cycles. Probably best just to turn the shadows off altogether if your system's overheating while playing it.

Monocause

Arcane
Sergiu64 said:
Might as well ask here: I've just acquired my Battletower in the dragonknight saga and I'm a bit of a loss of what to do next. The only new area accessible to me is Orobas Fjords. Now then I go down there I'm able to swim to a couple of beaches and clear out a couple of mines, but there's a shimmering wall I can get past in order to get to the city in that area. Plus there are a couple areas on the cliffs which I think I need to be able to fly to get to. But there's no way to turn into a dragon out here, keeps saying I need more space. Figured maybe I need to fly off from my tower, but whenever I go there I can't use 'Leave Tower' button. And can't turn into a dragon anywhere either. The heck am I supposed to be doing next? Might have to look at a walkthrough I guess.

Get close, switch to human form and swim to the city. If you haven't noticed, falling from great heights doesn't harm you and it is possible to fly directly above the city and then fall on the rooftop. Then you can use the teleporter to get out without swimming.

Besides, you can turn off most of the barriers you'll find - the only ones that can't be disabled are the ones above Aleroth/Slayer camp and High Hall.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Crispy said:
Apparently the rendering of shadows in this embodiment of Gamebro (grrr) is what's chewing up most GPU's cycles. Probably best just to turn the shadows off altogether if your system's overheating while playing it.

I'll have to try that. I put off the expansion because the game kept locking up / freezing, and I just couldn't be bothered dealing with that.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Jaesun said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:

But you only get it if you mindread the bosses, keep that in mind.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Sergiu64 said:
Find the switches/towers/whatever and turn off the anti-dragon zones. 2 or 3 can't be turned off though. Use human form to get thru the barriers. If the game tells you you need more space just get where you have enough space to shapeshift, e.g. jump off a cliff and change to dragon in free fall.

circ

Arcane
Is Divinity 2 the game that had the completely awesome inventory screen with really cool looking armor? Or was that some other game? I think you could even switch not only shoulder guards but also shin guards etc.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
circ said:
Is Divinity 2 the game that had the completely awesome inventory screen with really cool looking armor? Or was that some other game? I think you could even switch not only shoulder guards but also shin guards etc.

Um, the armor is "cool" looking I suppose, depending on how much you enjoy seeing unpractical spikes/ridges on your armor. But you can't switch shin guards/shoulder guards... At least not in the Dragon Knight saga. Only game I remember where this is customizable is Morrowind.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Crispy said:

I'll be damned, that worked perfectly.

Still get fucked over by projectile spam though :( just met the Black Ring guys... good god.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Admiral jimbob said:
Still get fucked over by projectile spam though :( just met the Black Ring guys... good god.
In the mine, south broken valley? Do not do this quest at this time. Wait until you return to Broken valley, you'll never be able to defeat them and/or keep those other guys alive.

bhlaab

Erudite
I just beat divine divinity, in what way is this a sequel? Does it directly reference the original?

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
bhlaab said:
I just beat divine divinity, in what way is this a sequel? Does it directly reference the original?
The baby is now the antagonist. There are quite some references to DD.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom