Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

God DAMN Divinity II is addictive

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Did you taste shit to know you are not supposed to eat it?

aris

Arcane
So, I got this game.
It's shit, single player mmo, but much shittier than anything. Even Kingdoms of Amalur is better, because has better fighting animations. Is it as shit as broken valley all game, or it's just not worth any more time?

Fuck this, they even fucked up the "i wanna be a dragon" aspect, turning dragon into a levitating ship fighting creeps with fire and with one of the shittiest animations, like ever.
That's Gamebryo's animation tools for you.

Larian considers Broken Valley the highpoint of Div2 so forget about it. Shit game Eurotrash-loving hipsters love to gush about, decent timesink for me only because of my low standards.
Yep. And DraQ is really the ultimate codex-hipster, no surprises that he likes it.

Eyeball

Arcane
Replaying this now since a crash wiped my last savegame when I was near the end a year ago. I didn't look forward to replaying it because of the pain-in-the-ass way I had to restart, but it's actually STILL enjoyable.

Eyeball

Arcane
It definitely isn't a single player MMO. It has a WoWish toolbar, but it doesn't play like one - if you stand in front of the enemy clicking your action skills in the toolbar and hoping that your gear and level will win the fights for you, you will be mistaken. Playing as a warrior, I can take on huge groups of bandits or goblins by somersaulting all around, charging in and picking off the enemies one by one while dodging spells and arrows like crazy. It has pretty decent action RPG fights and a good combat interface for it.

I have also encountered only one "kill me random goblins!" quest, but that's open ended and just awards you with some gold every time you hand in some goblin hearts, so the quest design is definitely not very MMOish either.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
A retarded game area design, broken movement and broken animations taken from some Last Chaos kind of a game. Pretty much the same stuff as kingdoms of amalur.

Aside from being a worse kingdoms of amalur game, take Zandalor for example, a homosexual, probably pedophile guy in a cos-play costume.
Zandalor.jpg

On the other hand, he helps me understand why people of Draq kind like this shit so much.

Deleted member 7219

So, I've been reading through this thread and I think I know what ohWOW's perspective is on this game. It was a little tough to work out, because he's so subtle. But here is what I came up with, correct me if I'm wrong:

He doesn't like Divinity II.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
Fags can't into accepting that not all like their shit.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
I'm descibing how you gobble on shit and say in exctasy how good it is. Your preferences are not my fault.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
In thread about shit only shit is there to be done.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Usually shitting all over threads outside of GD is asking for trouble. Sure you want to go there?

Consider this a polite request to cease and desist unless you have something substantial to add.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
I'm being oppressed and I'm proud of it:salute:

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
If it takes to be considered a moron for not praising crap, then I'm proud of it as well!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It definitely isn't a single player MMO. It has a WoWish toolbar, but it doesn't play like one -
Anything with cooldowns is a single player MMO 'round these parts

if you stand in front of the enemy clicking your action skills in the toolbar and hoping that your gear and level will win the fights for you, you will be mistaken.
This is actually completely accurate when it comes to endgame fights though. :M

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Started playing this, but i'm not feeling it. I'm at that island where you have to talk to different people and choose who die. After Risen 2 this feels, meh. I enjoyed Divine Divinity but i'll probably drop this one.

Combat is just not fun, world feels not interesting, enemy design is terrible, quests are alright, and after reading that the dragon form is useless and a gimmick i'm not interesting in going further.

DraQ

Arcane
Started playing this, but i'm not feeling it. I'm at that island where you have to talk to different people and choose who die. After Risen 2 this feels, meh. I enjoyed Divine Divinity but i'll probably drop this one.

Combat is just not fun, world feels not interesting, enemy design is terrible, quests are alright, and after reading that the dragon form is useless and a gimmick i'm not interesting in going further.
clippy.png

It looks like you're wanting* to play a serious cRPG.

intellectually.
:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom