Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

pippin

They do have one gamergate thread iirc, so it could be them trying to keep the shit into just one place. The pricing thing has been discussed a lot and yes, they give you store credit when you get fucked. They sjould just make one big FAQ with how things work in the forum, although it's mostly a place for shitposting and trading, I dunno why would you go there for even more political discussion.

Also, tinye being a scumbag became more of a common thing when the usual political threads started being made.

hellbent

Augur
Threads about pricing discrepancies have certainly gone *poof* before.

You get offered store credit for regional pricing differences, IIRC. Or was it something else you saw?

It's been a while since I saw it happening, but there would be users who would post in every other thread and spam reviews with complaints about paying more for certain games on GOG than they paid on Steam or versus how much someone in another country paid. They tolerated pretty free talk for a while before they cracked down a bit. Some relevant posts got lost at times due to someone else hijacking the thread and forcing the mods' hands. Admittedly, some may have had legit gripes about pricing but may have gone about bringing it up the wrong way.

Anyway, I'm not 100% sure what the cause might be lately - I usually only post there to ask if they are going to price match steam sales, to offer my thanks for updated information, or to point out broken links / features.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Decided to cave in and buy Arcanum and ToEE on GOG. Arcanum for mostly seeing the differences between GOG and Steam versions if there are any, and ToEE because it's not on fuckin' Steam GOD WHY.

And it was just 2 bucks anyway. My first ever GOG purchase, yay.

Might buy NWN and NWN 2 as well. NWN 2 is kinda pricey for what it is tho.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Drog, have you ever played Arcanum as a dumb elven beauty with a zoophilia fetish?
Sadly, the zoophilia fetish is not expanded much on in Arcanum, your options are p much limited to fucking that sheep in Tarant's bordello and casting a spell/using a tech concoction so that animals don't attack you and you can walk up to a bear and tea bag (use the prowling button) in front of him non-stop. But that's LARPing for you, which is haram.

Vorark

Erudite
Decent sale, picked up a couple of wishlisted games that I'll never play. Even Underrail got 50%, swear it wasn't discounted when I looked before. Strange.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Fuck that's a lot. Anybody feel like gifting me NWN 2 lol, can't make myself spend $5 on something that's probably eventually maybe gonna be made available on Steam again.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fuck that's a lot. Anybody feel like gifting me NWN 2 lol, can't make myself spend $5 on something that's probably eventually maybe gonna be made available on Steam again.

There's no sign that NWN2 will ever be made available on Steam again. At the moment WotC's policy seems to be that classic D&D games can only be on Steam if they get an Enhanced Edition. Hence no TToEE, no IWD2.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected

There's no sign that NWN2 will ever be made available on Steam again. At the moment WotC's policy seems to be that classic D&D games can only be on Steam if they get an Enhanced Edition. Hence no TToEE, no IWD2.
Well I can understand that ToEE and IDW2 are not very polished especially in their current state of software rot and the average Steam user might complain about not being able to make them work, but what's wrong with NWN 2?

hellbent

Augur
Another free Rebel Galaxy:
HUR3B896754D553B96

Will have to do a post in the gift thread for all my excess Steam codes.

Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
GOG decided to give me a code for a free copy of Alan Wake's American Nightmare but I already have it so to anyone that happens to want it here's the code: VUG546F5EDE938EEA2

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Tyranny is 50% now on GOG, price matching Steam sale.

On the other hand Ori and the Blind Forest is just 10% from the start of the summer sale while it's 50% on Steam,I wonder why,does the publisher have a beef with GOG?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just bought four games.

Order total: $6.66
Hmm...
giphy.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom