Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gog keeps giving me games to play!

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
As if my backlog required this abundant generosity! I mean, I'm not saying no, the more the merrier, but...

Beneath a Steel Sky
Tyrian 2000
Dragonsphere
Ultima 4: The Quest for the Avatar
Treasure Adventure Game
Worlds of Ultima: The Savage Empire
Warsow

I never bought any of these and all these freebies are starting to pile up. Are any of them any good? I assume the U4 is the actual U4 and not some weird thing like the WoU:tSE looks like it probably is?

Anyone ever played any of these?

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Haven't most of these been free for a while?
I think Beneath a Steel Sky is the very first game I "bought" on GoG. Pretty good adventure game. Can recommend trying that first.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Yeah, I've had about 4 of them for a while now, but they seem to be breeding like rabbits. I wont be playing any soon as I've just started Avadon 1... but I suspect I might need an RPG break after playing 3 Vogels in a row, so was wondering if any would be good for the job (U4 likely excluded?). Thanks for the recommendation for BaSK

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
It has unique setting and light rpg elements.
I like it but it uses Ultima VI engine which can be bit tiresome when you have to navigate across the map.

*shrugs* And it's free.

pippin

I think you are missing a few freebies from the collection too... like Flight of the Amazon Queen. The Ultimas and BASS are my favorites from the bunch. I wish I could go back in time and make more alternative universe Ultima games.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Warsow is a mediocre, ugly Q3 clone with a player base of 0.
Treasure Adventure Game looks like generic cute indie game number 255.
The others are Dos games that used to be on abandonware sites for the longest time. :roll:

Beneath a Steel Sky is a nice adventure game though and Tyrian is definitely a good shmup.

Last edited:
Treasure Adventure Game ought to have a price not that I'm complaining. It is an enjoyable, well above average metroidvania despite its graphics.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
If only indie games have price like this one... I might even start playing them...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom