Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good Blades of Exile Scenarios

chaedwards

Liturgist
I picked up Blades of Exile cheap with Geneforge 2, and was wondering if anyone here had any particular favourite scenarios that they'd recommend to me. I know about the various review sites and databases that are out there, so I'm interested in people's personal favourite scenarios, so that I can get to the good stuff rather than wade through a lot of dross.

Thanks in advance

Lhynn

Arcane
Wasnt even aware blades of exile ran on newer systems.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I played only BoA too so can't recommend any scenarios.

Andhaira

Arcane
Best place to ask is the Spidweb forums. I played BoE back in the day, and I would heartily recommend it over BoA. But I don't really remember much; I think one of the three official scenarios was pretty good though, you had to deliver supplies somewhere fast with limited resources.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
That sounds like one of the BoA scenarios, except I don't remember it having an actual time limit.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Za-Khazi Run have such limit, and this is exactly the same scenario.
You are delivering pack of magic wands to fort under siege.

Andhaira

Arcane
That sounds like one of the BoA scenarios, except I don't remember it having an actual time limit.

BoA is a remake of BoE, and as such contains the same official scenarios in the starter pack.

Fenix Yeah that's the one. It was fun as I recall :D

Johannes

Arcane
BoA is a remake of BoE, and as such contains the same official scenarios in the starter pack.
IIRC BoA also contains a 4th official scenario not included in BoE.

I remember loving BoA, the combat is not very good but the official scenarios overall were all enjoyable. Good part of them also included C&C with very meaningful differences to the endings. The unofficial ones I tried though were all disappointing iirc. BoE might be better in that regard, to my understanding it has a lot more scenarios made.

Also Realmz is a game to check for similarly structured scenario-content.
http://rlmz.org/realmzdivinity.html

for Blades of Exile I played a few. The ones I remember as good were all made by the same person---the "star" of the modding community (name began with an "a" and he ran the fan-forum Lycaeum). He was a law student who loved Socrates, as I do. The one everyone raved about the most (Starfall?) broke on me so I stopped there, after about 4 or 5 scenarios. I do remember them all being a bit underwhelming at the time but I could have been over-critical.

Realmz has some good scenarios that also bugged out on me in the Windows version, although the Mac versions were fine but I was too young to beat many of them.
Castle in the Clouds is the most-loved (bugged on me, couldn't finish) and I tried one that started with an awesome premise about a Lich trapped by his own machinations---which bugged on me so I stopped there. The original scenario and Assault on blah Mountain were good ol' adventures too.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
I liked Roots. It's storyfag module, though.

More storyfaggy: Emulations (good one!), Chains.

I remember liking At the Gallows too.

Back to Normal for shits and giggles.

Heh, I have 300 scenarios downloaded from home.comcast.net user pages back in the times. Pretty sure that these pages are long dead.

I even tinkered with BoE, made module or two. They were broken, though, because my BoE was cracked one.

Severian Silk

Is there a way to double the scale of the game window? It is 640x480px by default. I think doubling that to 1280x960px would be easy with no loss in graphical fidelity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom