Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good console exclusive FPS

Ok i think I run out of all decent PC first person shooters.

Let us have it clear - gamepad is an inferior device comparing to mouse/keyboard combo, even in case of games that were crippled to fit controller, retarded k+m control scheme still rocks... ok it's beyond any discussion.

But there MAY BE a decent obscure, unknown console fps shooters that are... kind of... playable with gamepad?

Best console shooter I've ever played is undoubtly Doom 64, but it had two separate unnoficial PC ports so it doesn't count.

Has console anything to offer for bored PC player? I've heard a lot of good opinions on Timesplitters franchise and The Black... did you guys test them? Are there any hidden consoles gems around there?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Black was good back then (beside pad control obviously) but now I wouldn't stomach it. Looks fugly and enemies are bullet sponges. If that was on PC I could just headshot them all but with pad? Hehehehnah.
I tried first Timesplitter, didn't played long because enemies spawning behind me. Shit.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Well, not exactly very obscure, it was a ps3 launch title, but I really enjoyed the first Resistance! I do recall playing the second one, but cannot remember if I enjoyed it much or not.

Venser

Erudite
I don't play FPS on consoles so I was pissed that The Darkness never came to PC.

A user named cat

Escape From Monster Manor for 3DO

Killing Time for 3DO

Zero Tolerance for Genesis

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
I played Timesplitters 2 with my cousin and I think it's awesome. Tons of stuff to unlock and nice challenge too. Another decent FPS that I had for PS2 was Medal of Honor: Frontline and I think it was pretty good.

Well, not exactly very obscure, it was a ps3 launch title, but I really enjoyed the first Resistance! I do recall playing the second one, but cannot remember if I enjoyed it much or not.

Resistance was "ok" but IMO just very plain and boring in the end.

Gentle Player

Arcane
Timesplitters by far. If they had had PC releases with improved control, online, and mods, then they'd be considered part of the FPS canon.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'll third Timesplitters simply because I remember spending too much time with my sibling on that virus mode.

Otherwise, maybe Perfect Dark or Goldeneye?

Renegen

Arcane
I was going to say Turok but they were released on the PC too, heh who knew. Bet you probably still didn't play them.

Otherwise, maybe Perfect Dark or Goldeneye?

They're too obvious. Plus Goldeneye had a few control schemes and one of them (IIRC was called Solitaire) combined with mouse support emulation allowed you to play is as proper fps with k+m. That was for Project64 emulator.

I found there're some Far Cry spin-offs on original Xbox, FC Instincts and Evolution, any good?

>Good fps.
>Console fps.
Pick one.

Play Doom 64.

tormund

Arcane
Goldeneye is one of those games I wish I played while they were fresh. Sadly I never owned N64, so I only tried to play Goldeneye few years ago trough emulator. I couldn't stomach it for long...

Animal

Savant
Shitposter
Yeah, I liked Goldeneye a lot in it's time.

I agree that nowadays it may be a bit of a rough exercise to try and get into it.

Can't say much OT. Ony FPS I remember playing on consoles were Goldeneye (liked it), Doom64 (didn't like it) and Halo (thought it was ok).

Bet you probably still didn't play them.

Played both of them on PC, on release dates. BTW N64 port of first Turok was propably most expensive game ever in Poland, 350 PL back then was a huge ripoff but then PC conversion appeared so you it could be pirated for normal people:smug:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
There were some attempts to do Timesplitters on PC, one project survived (when I saw it last time) but not sure if anything is going at the moment.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Timesplitters 2 is a work of art, the best console FPS to date that I know about. However, it is incredibly difficult on Hard. Incredibly difficult.

Riskbreaker

I actually really loved Black back in the day. Weapons in that game felt so fucking good. Was hard as hell at times, tho I suppose you can ease that up a bit with save states if you end up playing it with an emulator.

lightbane

Arcane
Project Snowblind was okayish. Oh wait, exclusive... Well then, Darkwatch was also a fun shooter, nothing revolutionary but it had great atmosphere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom