Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good Games in the Wrong Platforms

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Any tactical japanese game like Tactics Ogre and Fire Emblem deserves mouse support.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Baka indeed, I'm very butthurt about this and will nevar forget about $ony decision. It was Draqan 2 ffs!

Still, that list makes me feel very :smug:. Nothing of value will be lost.

TCRFBGs.jpg
Torment: Tides Of Numeria?
:nocountryforshitposters:

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
This thread...illustrates a lot of console ignorance.

Most of the games listed are mediocre or outright bad examples for the platform described.

For instance OP, you listed Deadly Creatures (a shitty game, I know, I played it) for the Wii but no mention of the Metroid Prime Trilogy, Mario Galaxy games, or the two Zeldas released (obvious choices since they're all prominent Nintendo IPs)? Or the new Donley Kong, which was awesome? Seriously. Then there's the more obscure Manhunt 2 (also on PS2 but not with the motion controls). Then there's some other Wii-specific games like No More Heroes, Trauma Center, or Madworld - none of which are as good as the aforementioned, but are still all better than Deadly Creatures.

On the PS3, or just consoles in general (including XBox) there's even more good games that you can't get on PC. The Last of Us has been mentioned, and I'll second that. But then there's many more: the Ratchet and Clank series, Sony action-platformers which are very fun; Ninja Gaiden and the sequels/ports, which are flat-out the best and hardest action games I have ever played; The Mark of Kri on PS2, God of War series, Heavy Rain, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, Bayonetta, GTA V (though it will probably be ported eventually), LA Noir, and some others I haven't gotten a chance to play yet, like Dragon's Dogma.

(Btw Drakan: The Ancient Gates also sucked balls. Like, hardcore. I played it.)

The far larger list are the multiplatforms, of course. All the AAA games which I hear you guys commenting on all the time. A lot of the games were clearly designed for consoles first, with their control schemes, and so you get PC ports that can sometimes not be as satisfying to control, or shitty ports which I hear a lot about on here and elsewhere. I don't think I really need to go into further detail here. Most of them I've played on consoles so I had to double-check that they were also released on PC so I didn't list them above.

I'm assuming now when I see people on this site talking about playing console games they are playing the PC ports. That would explain the relative lack of (apparent) knowledge on the best these systems have to offer as illustrated in this thread. It would also explain a lot of the console hate since a lot of you are probably playing shitty PC ports of console games and watching how console aesthetics have despoiled your favorite genre, instead of exploring what they have to offer that is unique. And you'll never know about those unless you actually PLAY them instead of sitting on here bitching all day about how consoles are so shit while looking at the shitty ports or the shitty console RPGs.

/End rant.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Dino Puzzle

Platform: TI-83 Plus graphing calculator

Heresiarch

Prophet
I've just watched the walkthrough videos of Nowhere. Lots of repetitive puzzles and game areas (the game is only 224KB big) but the atmosphere is amazing.

Don Peste

Arcane
I've just listed four random games that came to my mind. And I don't use to play any kind of platformer games, nor Nintendo games. Even though I can make some exceptions.
I do want to try Metroid Prime, and maybe one of the N64 Zeldas. Also Ico, Shadow of the Colossus,
Yakuza, Altered Beast, True Crime, Fight Night, Project Zero, Okami, and many, many, many more.
This thread...illustrates a lot of console ignorance.
:D

Amn Nom

Learned
Dragon's Dogma the thread? I don't understand how it ended up console only, the game felt like it was made for a PC.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom