Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I like early Tyrannicon. Practically all his late series are shite, but the whole Space Scumbag series made me laugh at almost every episode.

PythonSelcan left me with ABSOLUTELY no doubt that MGS V: Phantom Pain will feature Gray Fox as main protagonist, not Big Boss. Awesome work, all of the videos, approved by Kojima himself.

This guy is magnetizing when you're into serious roleplay stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnLx17TXN8AjJlxg8VPAhVg

Speaking of which, my favorite d&d session on youtube (not too hardcore, but helluva fun to watch):

When I'm not into any brain activity (piss-off drunk, in other words), I jes watch Gaming Lemon. Best in "kinda-childish" humour, methinks.

Edit: Guess everyone has to have a favorite gurl-gamer-channel. KPopp is my pick.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
JF recommended channel with Thief FM videos named FenPhoenix. Sadly his creator is getting worse with time, talk like a maniac on some speed, propably side effect of some meds or whatever. He even started playing on lower difficulty setting, which is heresy in the Thief fanbase.
His old stuff is good though.
You can even see view counter getting lower with newer videos.:lol:

Humppaleka

Cipher
Yes, he seems to be getting quite overactive. He still has a good sense of humour and style, but yeah, he is going nowhere fast.

toroid

Arcane
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Lobos Jr. He is incredibly active, it seems like he's streaming everyday. He has done just about every challenge run you can imagine for Dark Souls. He plays RPGs, roguelikes, and all kinds of other random shit. Apparently he works for Bioware in QA somehow, which I have chosen to ignore because how can that be good. It seems to have worked out for me because I enjoy what he does.

https://www.youtube.com/user/LobosjrGaming
http://www.twitch.tv/lobosjr/profile

Astral Rag

Arcane

Inb4 lengthy repeat of the Accelerated Quake vs Software Quake debate.

Last edited:

Echo Mirage

Arcane
My Youtube gaming list is much the same as many Codexers here.

Kikoskia for many of the classics. As well as being :obviously:

GrimithR for a wide range of games from tabletop RPG's to obscure games.

LethalFeline Has a wide range of mostly stealth games and teams up a lot with GrimithR a lot.

And YongYea has breaking games news and covers news from all things Japanese.

:Flash:

Arcane
Pixelmusement/ Ancient Dos Games is pretty enjoyable. His videos are fairly analytic, you won't find flashy editing or too much painful failed attempts at humor here. AFAIK he makes one vid/ week.

He's in the process of uploading his videos to Youtube.
ADG is my favourite and the only one I watch regularly. He puts a lot of effort into his videos. The amount of time he seems to spend on configuring dosbox alone must be significant, as he tries every configuration possible for sound and even joystick support. The result is hints like in last week's "Nomad" video where he said that this is the first game ever where the Disney sound source produces the best sound of all options. He even figured out why Star Quest 1 is practically unplayable with a Joystick in Dosbox (something that has always annoyed me to no end, but I could never figure out the reason).

Vikter

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I like Northernlion. He had 980 episodes of Binding of Isaac before Rebirth. He also usually plays grand strategy stuff and takes a look at some indies. I also watched DSP and PewdiePie with my girlfriend when we were too bored to play or watch a movie. OmniOmegaOB is also really good for weeaboo stuff.

Astral Rag

Arcane
The good doctor uploaded another gaming related video to his channel. I hope he goes back to making more of these.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom