Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good Playstation Vita titles

aris

Arcane
In a recent fit a spastic nostalgia for old FF-games, I went and pretty much spontaneously bought a playstation vita, after learning about its impressive library of good PS-games along with SNES games ported to the PS. Searching through the must play jrpg list and games I've enjoyed, I've come up with the following list of games that I've fouind available for the console, for fellow Vita owners to peruse, so that they don't have to search up every potentially good game to find out whether it exists in the store or not.

Note that since available games vary from region to region, these are games that I've found available in europe.
  • All Final fantasy games from 1 to 9
  • Final fantasy tactics
  • Vagrant story
  • Tactics ogre: let us cling together
  • Disgae 2 and 3
  • Persona 4 golden (all other Persona games are there as well, except for (strangely) Persona 2: eternal punishment)
  • Castlevania Symphony of the night
  • Silent hill
  • Crash Team Racing (fuck you! It's an excellent game)
  • Myst
There might very well be titles that I've forgotten or missed, so feel free to complain loudly about bad games I've chosen for the list, or add more games that you have found. Please state the region where you found it.

aris

Arcane
Well, you have persona 4 golden, even though it's a remake. But yeah, so far, that's definitely true. Doesn't matter very much, since there are so many good ported games though.

aris

Arcane
Well yeah, but I pretty much don't pirate games anymore. Actually buying games gives you incentive to go forth and play it to the finish, which might sometimes be worth it, than downloading a shitload of games and then never finishing any of them.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Here's some you may or may not enjoy depending on your tastes:

Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend (fighting game)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (TPS)
Little Big Planet Vita (Platformer)

Then there's the yet to be localized (but will be in a few months in NA at least) Ys: Memories in Celceta which is an ARPG in the vein of Secret of Mana.

Giauz Ragnacock

Scholar
Well yeah, but I pretty much don't pirate games anymore. Actually buying games gives you incentive to go forth and play it to the finish, which might sometimes be worth it, than downloading a shitload of games and then never finishing any of them.

I wish that was true for me. So far on gog.com I have bought Inquisitor (everyone can understand why I might be ashamed for wasting the 12 bucks) and Ultima 7 Complete when it was less than three bucks (I continue to have failure to launch even though I loved Spoony's review of the games that inspired me to give it a shot). On the other hand I am now riding my own childhood nostalgia train by busting out 23 power stars in Super Mario 64, so I know that my love of gaming isn't fully dead.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
I read the title as "good play station vita titties".

Other than that, I got nothing, I still play my psp. If you can get crimson gem saga on the vita, that's pretty good.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I contemplated buying a Vita for a while. Realized the only games I'd imagine myself buying for it was Persona 4 Golden (which I've already played) and Virtue's Last Reward, which is getting ported to the 3DS.

I'm probably just gonna by a 3DS instead, maybe wait for the Vita once the price goes down further or it gets cracked.

aris

Arcane
I read the title as "good play station vita titties".

Other than that, I got nothing, I still play my psp. If you can get crimson gem saga on the vita, that's pretty good.
Although it seems like the vita has the vast majority of the PSP titles, it does not have this one :/

By the way, completely unrelated, but has anyone tried Sine mora? Is it worth getting?
I contemplated buying a Vita for a while. Realized the only games I'd imagine myself buying for it was Persona 4 Golden (which I've already played) and Virtue's Last Reward, which is getting ported to the 3DS.

I'm probably just gonna by a 3DS instead, maybe wait for the Vita once the price goes down further or it gets cracked.
I was really considering getting the 3DS too, but the fact that Vita has a richer FF-library made me go for that one. If you get DS, try no more heroes, it's a nice little game that I enjoyed with a unique take on the jrpg (that is jarpg), which actually implements the capabilities of the DS into gameplay in a non-tacky way.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Although it seems like the vita has the vast majority of the PSP titles, it does not have this one :/

By the way, completely unrelated, but has anyone tried Sine mora? Is it worth getting?

Well it has a demo which was fun but it seems like the Vita one might be the worst looking version from everything I've seen so it may be better to get it elsewhere unless you want it to go.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward is totally worth the money (if you love story-based games). But it's a mix of Visual Novel/Point-n-Click Adventure. I'm not used to this genre, but the game is just great.

Persona 4 Golden is awesome and a must-have for Vita owners (my opinion).

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Here's some you may or may not enjoy depending on your tastes:

Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend (fighting game)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (TPS)
Little Big Planet Vita (Platformer)

Then there's the yet to be localized (but will be in a few months in NA at least) Ys: Memories in Celceta which is an ARPG in the vein of Secret of Mana.

To add to this list(Celceta has since been released), Muramasa: Rebirth and Killzone: Mercenary are two other good games for this.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Any new JRPGs coming out to keep an eye on?

And what about Sorcery Saga: The Curse of the Great Curry God and Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland (or other Atelier - not familiar with the series)? Worth?

Oh yeah and Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention, what about it?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
For the love of God, play Soul Sacrifice. It is a very well done action RPG.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
For the love of God, play Soul Sacrifice. It is a very well done action RPG.
what is it most similar to?
Hm, the atmosphere is Dark Souls, the gameplay is somewhat similar to Sacrifice. Not in terms of controlling summoned units, but the emphasis on different schools of magic. It has a pretty neat story too. It is kinda sad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom