Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GoT thread - s?

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Quoting Whisky's post here in a public thread, since it deserves to be seen:

And who are you, the proud Croat said,
that I must slurp such shit?
Only a turd of a different brown,
that's all the truth I know.
In a bowl of white or a pot of gray,
a shit still has stench,
And mine are rank and large, my mod,
as rank and large as yours.
And so he slurped, and so he slurped,
that lord of Prosperland,
But now the turds weep o'er his hall,
with no one there to hopw.
Yes now the turds weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hopw.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
"People don't agree with me, and I don't like that, so I want a special place where only people who agree with me will post"

Scaling to your level idd.

Eh, don't bully xiao gina lah. Like that also song. Grow up can or not?

RK47

Patron
xe5Q7HC.png

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
So... this topic is because people who don't like Game of Thrones can't handle discussing it in the same thread as those who do like Game of Thrones?

I mean, just so we're clear.

What it sounds like is we need a special place where we can put all the special people that dislike GoT so that they can post their own special threads. Putting hiver in Prosperland.

Release him please. His anger is a local flavor. You wouldn't want to drive him away forever?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
So... this topic is because people who don't like Game of Thrones can't handle discussing it in the same thread as those who do like Game of Thrones?

I mean, just so we're clear.

What it sounds like is we need a special place where we can put all the special people that dislike GoT so that they can post their own special threads. Putting hiver in Prosperland.

:excellent:

kris

Arcane

i feel sad. Just this thread showed all the quality entertainment that Hiver can deliver. There will be a emptiness in my heart without him. I haven't laughed this much reading a thread in ages.

RK47

Patron
....y..you really want to join him?

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I ignored Daedalos. I did not have anyone on my ignore list until this year but I felt he really ruined the Wasteland 2 threads. No fucking surprise at all that he thinks the Game of Thrones show is good.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This punishment seems excessive for Hiver.

Is a man not entitled to a thread free of shit slurpers?

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Mostly the writing, such as the plot holes created by alterations to the Original Story and the Brutal Character Assassination of Catelyn Stark and many other interesting characters - The Hound, The Blackfish, Mance Rayder - pretty much any non-POV secondary or tertiary character you can think of. They absolutely butchered Jon Snow's Season 2 storyline.

The list goes on. I refuse to watch any more as I would prefer to retain my book memories some of my favourite parts of the story (latter book 4 & book 5 stuff).

The actor who played Ilyn Payne has cancer so I don't think he'll be returning to do the trip to Harrenhal etc, so that part is obviously going to be shit, and I just cannot bare the thought of them not getting The Mountain vs the Red Viper right either.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Vibalist

Arcane
Oh, how it must tear poor hiver up inside to no longer have a place to release all his anger.

This is lovely.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Don't worry, hiver I'll keep you updated!

Review: Is 'Game of Thrones' the best TV show ever?

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...review-20140406,0,3119045.story#ixzz2yKUa39pN

For three years now, "Game of Thrones" has juggled a dozen plot lines set in as many wildly diverse locations, meticulously weaving a mythology that resonates with the modern world. The swords 'n' sorcery make it interesting, but it's the astonishing range of themes — love and death, vengeance and loyalty, freedom and slavery, greed and generosity, power and submission, passion and compassion, parenthood and childhood and a single person's responsibility to family, the gods, and the sweep of time — that make it great.

Superlatives may indeed be meaningless, but no matter how you choose to describe it, television just doesn't get any better than this.

:D

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Hiver seems like a decent guy when he isn't having an e-Tourette's episode, and those are entertaining in their own way. Will the Smiling Knight at least have a quest for freedom?

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'll discuss how shitty GoT is with you hiver. Its only a matter of time until the HBO show starts to slide down the crap shoot GRRM has written.

I know HBO has some artistic license to change things, but I suspect GRRM purposely is writing shitty books because he despises the fans of the show. He's going for the long troll.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom