Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic 2 would be 5 times better if the fucking trees faded out when near

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Can't see the fucking ground or the pc for the fucking trees.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Also, what's up with the floaty first person mode. I'd use it, if turning the mouse didn't move the camera instead of just turning it.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The only instance where I recall trees being dense enough for that to be an issue is at the VERY beginning of the game right outside the tower. After that they're so spaced out that it's rarely if ever a problem.

Didn't even know a first person mode existed. It certainly doesn't add anything to the game.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
It would also be better if it was as open-ended as the first one. I find myself running around narrow trails just to complete the headache amount of quests in the Night of the Raven expansion.

BobtheTree

Savant
I never had a big problem with it. It discourages the player to blindly charging into a place. You've got to scout out the place and make sure there aren't powerful enemies around.

Murk

Arcane
Its periodically been a problem in forested areas when fighting monsters -- the leaves obscure a bit and that obscuration is enough to throw off my timing. Not an actual problem -- cuz then I just move out of a forested area.

Afterall, if I'm fighting a monster, why would I be under a tree with the branches all over my face?

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Can't see the fucking ground or the pc for the fucking trees.

lol if you're gonna bitch, at least do it over getting repeatedly raped by elite orc-hordes or something. But yeah, as Aeschylus said the trees aren't as annoying once you get away from the Xardas tower approach.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Gothic 2 would be 7 times better if the main character had white haircut.

Can't tell the fucking background from the pc for the fucking dark hair

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It'd be ten times better if you didn't have to stare at that ponytail all the time.

At least mods can fix that.

Gozma

Arcane
I think the path down from the wizard's tower has the only time in the game they hide some shit under a tree (some arrows IIRC?)

Rpgsaurus Rex

There's random stuff strewn all over the map in random places, in stumps, behind bushes and so on. It's hella easy to miss +stat herbs.

Murk

Arcane
I think the path down from the wizard's tower has the only time in the game they hide some shit under a tree (some arrows IIRC?)

Scrolls, bow, arrows. It's the only time the tree forms an umbrella that covers it -- but there's stuff hidden behind trees, under bushes, in corners, etc. all over the place.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Gothic 4 had vanishing vegetation, you should check it. It might be right up your alley.

Murk

Arcane
If I'm not mistaken SCO has played G2 before, this is not a first-timer's reaction in want of decline. At least... I think.

Is that review a joke? At some point he said "what's that game by Oblivion? Dragon Age!"

Bony

Learned
Queued
Playing Gothics is like smashing your dick with a hammer.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Gothic 2 is a good game. I especially like tier map design.

I like how if you want a map you have to buy one from a cartographer. Sure you can beat him up and not pay at all, but just the fact you don't have a map, you have to find one, is one of Gothic 2's many nice touches.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom