Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic 3 community patch 1.75 released

made

Arcane
You know what, I don't even remember. Stunlocking wildlife certainly did, but after a few lvl ups that wasn't an issue anymore. Not sure why I dropped it in the end; general boredom prolly.

Gord

Arcane
If by sucking you mean bugs, stunlock and bad performance, then yes, it takes that out of G3.
(Well, for me it did, anyway, some still reported lots of stuttering, though)
It still doesn't make it a really good game though, imho.
There's still too much grind and not enough compelling story/quests.

It's worth playing, but one probably shouldn't force oneself finishing it if it gets too boring.

Self-Ejected

ManjuShri

Self-Ejected
You know what, I don't even remember. Stunlocking wildlife certainly did, but after a few lvl ups that wasn't an issue anymore. Not sure why I dropped it in the end; general boredom prolly.
There is a lack of cohesion once you get to the Winter and the preceding desert areaa, with the former being almost all combat combat and the latter sparsely populated compared to the rest, and that was where I left off in playthoughs twice, before finally completing it the third time around.

catfood

AGAIN
If by sucking you mean bugs, stunlock and bad performance, then yes, it takes that out of G3.

It's worth playing, but one probably shouldn't force oneself finishing it if it gets too boring.
Pretty much this. They also now have a difficulty option where you choose with how humanoid enemies you're willing to fight in melee (i.e. easy - 1 enemy, normal - 2, hard -3).

I'd say the best way of playing it is with an archer build, but go straight for bows and skip crossbows completely. Yes, you will be doing a lot of shooting and then running, but it's prefferable to melee combat, trust me. I don't know if the mage path is any good. I heard that after you get the mana regen feat the game is pretty much over.

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
We located 2-3 bugs which nobody has found before release but now. So the patch is cancelled, probably until today's evening.

We are sorry about that.
s_018.gif

aww

Self-Ejected

ManjuShri

Self-Ejected
The mage build was the one I completed the game with, so I'm guessing it the most fun, the majority of the time you use swords or bows like the other games, you only really come into your own in the last 3/4s of the game.

catfood

AGAIN
There is a lack of cohesion once you get to the Winter and the preceding desert areaa, with the former being almost all combat combat and the latter sparsely populated compared to the rest, and that was where I left off in playthoughs twice, before finally completing it the third time around.

I'd say Nordmar has a lot more combat than Varant. At least in the desert there are still orc camps with which you can interact, whereas in the north you get attacked by orcs regardless of you allegience (I could possibly be wrong on this though).

My list of favourite areas would be:
Myrtana - the most fleshed out region. They should have just concentrated on it first and then released the other two as expansion(s)
Varant - pretty cool place, I liked the Hashisin, their cities had nice architecture and the quest dynamics are decent aswell
Nordmar - is shit. It is clearly the least developed place and is just filled with monsters wherever you go, not to mention it's a nightmare to find your way through it. I guess the developers left this area last, and two days before the game was to be released they realised "oh shit, we didn't populate it, quick! someone just spam the place randomy with groups monsters, the game comes out tomorrow!"

Kraszu

Prophet

Pretty much this. They also now have a difficulty option where you choose with how humanoid enemies you're willing to fight in melee (i.e. easy - 1 enemy, normal - 2, hard -3).

I'd say the best way of playing it is with an archer build, but go straight for bows and skip crossbows completely. Yes, you will be doing a lot of shooting and then running, but it's prefferable to melee combat, trust me.

Don't trust him, melee combat isn't bad, and much more interesting the using bow.

Battle mage is a good option, getting bloodlust helps allot, and it is imba in some situations when you abuse NPCs with it, tame animal is great (but you need 100AK to tame every one still even a boar or a wolf helps allot), and you don't need to invest in mana to use either, only in AK, and brew mana potions only cost 3 LP.

And you will be able to quickly learn learn quickly.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Am I the only one who can't find a download link anywhere?

joeydohn

Savant
Read either of these topics, they removed it due to some bugs. Bit annoying as I just downloaded it last night and it's 1.5 GB.

Rpgsaurus Rex

I've played every other PB game to death and avoided this one like the plague because of so many bad reviews (bugs, imbalances etc.)

How does it stand now? Is it a good game? How does it compare to, say, G2:NotR?

adure

Liturgist
I've played every other PB game to death and avoided this one like the plague because of so many bad reviews (bugs, imbalances etc.)

compared to g2notr it really sucks!

no fanpatch can repair the retarded and fucked up storyline...

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I predict this will turn into another G3 flame war thread. But I've given my opinion on this too many times. If you turned away from Gothic 3 because of the performance issues and buggy AI, playing with a CP will possibly make you enjoy it. If you gave up because you questioned a lot of the fundamental design decisions and found it boring and tedious then, no, it isn't going to change your opinion.

If you've never played at all you might as well give it a try. It can be had for dirt cheap these days (assuming you feel obliged to pay for it).

It's no G2:NotR but it's still worth giving a try and is a decent open world game overall. Play it for a while if for no reason other than to experience the potential the game had.

Morkar Left

compared to g2notr it really sucks!

no fanpatch can repair the retarded and fucked up storyline...

There is a fanmade mod / overhaul in the making called Community Story Project which goal it is to fix the story (introducing chapters again, make the companions more believable, more/different endings, more quests etc.). If the game sucks for you because of the story/questdesign you could give it a try when it's released.

A user named cat

I'm curious if the stuttering is truly fixed now with this new "shader cache". Even on 1.74 (I think, might've been 1.73), I remember that exploring the world resulted in almost 10 second complete freezes as zones try to load on-the-fly. Always seemed like this game ran smooth for certain people - even on inferior hardware - while the rest of us suffered with annoying long pauses and stuttering.

Nim

Augur
I found it to be pretty good playable a month back or so, nothing like around release. But as said before the game really loses appeal after Myrtana, Nordmar is just a pain and Varant is so damn boring. Though one thing it has over G2 is the music, love the Montera one.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I doubt the game will ever be 'stutter free' given how big it is and how, as noted, it has to load on the fly.

Self-Ejected

ManjuShri

Self-Ejected
I'm curious if the stuttering is truly fixed now with this new "shader cache". Even on 1.74 (I think, might've been 1.73), I remember that exploring the world resulted in almost 10 second complete freezes as zones try to load on-the-fly. Always seemed like this game ran smooth for certain people - even on inferior hardware - while the rest of us suffered with annoying long pauses and stuttering.
It was an engine problem and as such I don't think they were able to fix that.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
These fuckers are just trolling now...every time they release a CP they say it's the LAST EVAH!!!! I loved it with CP 1.60 so can't imagine what it's like now. Myrtana is such a great location that I even stomached a playthrough of Forsaken Gods(before the community enhancement) just to experience it some more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom