Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic II: NotR - requesting build advice

Nim

Augur
Vatras will not leave for the stone circle unless you have done the expansion content, then Myxir will take his place.
Yes, Lares will not take you anywhere once you reach chapter 3. Go get the ornament yourself and give it to Saturas ? And if that's bugged type "b Lares b".

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS PLEASE UNBREAK MY HEART

I THINK I FOUND AN UNKILLABLE NPC THE JUDGE IN KHORINISW

BROS IT MAKES ME SAD

ANYWAYS STILL HAVING FUN THOUGH THE END OF CHAPTER 2 IS GETTING LAME

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
Yeah, he's immortal, as far as I can remember. Definitely in Chapter One, possibly forever.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO THAT JUST HURTS MY HEART BUT THE GAME DOES SO MANY OTHER THINGS RIGHT IN TERMS OF NPC BAANANCE

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
Yeah, it was kind of a weak design decision but it's to prevent derp with a Thieves' Guild quest, I believe.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
He is involved in the blood chalice quest but I think the main reason is that he's involved with a main storyline quest later in Chapter 4... but I don't want to spoil it (not that it's an amazing sub-plot).

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I THINK I AM DONE THEN THE GAME SUCKS ME BACK IN

NICEY CRAFTED GAME

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO LOLLOLOL I WAS THINKING ABOUT THAT DURING THIS POST AND ALOMTS QUOTED IT

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS SO I FINISHED

VERY FUN OVERALL SECOND PLAYTHROUGH BUT LAST WAS A WHILE AGO AND WASNT GOLD

DEMONS HELPED WITH DRAGONS AND THE LAST BOSS WENT THREE QUEARTES DOWN WITH A DEATH WAVE SPELL

VERY GOOD FIRST HALF BUT VERY DEMANDING

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I really don't like how you sort of have to cheese the dragon bosses with demons or other summons. You can probably take them out with a ranged build character but it's insanely hard as melee given the massive knock back on the breath and their regenerating health (clearly dragons are console tards).

Murk

Arcane
I slightly agree with you. I wish there were more ways to deal with it, but at the same time, I like that you can't just whack a dragon to death the way you do with goblins or lizards. I can't actually argue this was at all intentional -- but had it been, I'd have enjoyed it a lot more.

Self-Ejected

ManjuShri

Self-Ejected
From the short previous playthoughs I've had with NotR I was considerably weak in melee combat, are the left and right attacks necessary to become proficient at swordplay? I'm currently starting with a STR focused 2-hander Paladin.

Emily

Arcane
When does the random one shot death by humans end?
when you learn to play the game properly.
You are just a loser in a world of gothic when you begin, not even citizen, just a lowlife that dosent know anything and is weak as shit. Enjoy your role, and strive to achive greatness. To me that is some nice gameplay

Self-Ejected

ManjuShri

Self-Ejected
I'm not complaining about being weak, just the arbitrary nature of an enemy that only slightly chips away at my hitpoints with regular attacks then from nowhere kills me in one hit at full health when attacking me with a branch.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The secret is in the wrists. You should learn to use them too :P

Emily

Arcane
I'm not complaining about being weak, just the arbitrary nature of an enemy that only slightly chips away at my hitpoints with regular attacks then from nowhere kills me in one hit at full health when attacking me with a branch.
odd that never happened to me, bandits and lesser humans cant really one hit you, do you have the farmers clothes? Or some form of armor? You should invest in basic stuff like that : )...
Also notice those percentages next to the weapon in character stats screen? That is your chance to do "critical" hit, to add your str and weapon damage stats to the overall damage.. So the better you are with a weapon the more often you will hit for full damage.

Self-Ejected

ManjuShri

Self-Ejected
Yes I have semi-decent armour and decent strength and weapon prowess for this early stage of the game, the only thing that was aggravating me was that I could get one hitted by a branch yet my 1.5m naginata has never one shotted anybody, not even fishwives. I'm a great fan of high risk high yield combat, in fact it's my favourite form of combat but right now it's rather unbalanced in the enemies' favour which rustles my sensibilities.

Self-Ejected

ManjuShri

Self-Ejected
After joining the Water Mages you're told not to wear the armour in any inhabited places, are there any repercussions for doing so? Khorinis seems rather barren after clearing out all the animals in Chapter 1, it seems only 1/5 have respawned upon starting Chapter 2.

Ringhausen

Augur
I kept changing the armors for a while but then stopped bothering and didn't face any repercussions. The animals will gradually respawn, most of them I think.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Yes I have semi-decent armour and decent strength and weapon prowess for this early stage of the game, the only thing that was aggravating me was that I could get one hitted by a branch yet my 1.5m naginata has never one shotted anybody, not even fishwives. I'm a great fan of high risk high yield combat, in fact it's my favourite form of combat but right now it's rather unbalanced in the enemies' favour which rustles my sensibilities.

Critical hit means, that your strength is added to your weapon damage. That's why high strength-npcs can suddenly deal huge amount of damage with crappy weapons.

Emily

Arcane
After joining the Water Mages you're told not to wear the armour in any inhabited places, are there any repercussions for doing so? Khorinis seems rather barren after clearing out all the animals in Chapter 1, it seems only 1/5 have respawned upon starting Chapter 2.
animals generaly dont respawn : )..

Rpgsaurus Rex

Btw, vs. humanoids:
Bait the attack. It's 2-3 attacks per combo, 2 if the enemy's low-skilled, 2-3 if skilled (it's random there I think).
Just to be safe, wait for 3 swings from a "skilled" opponent - if he hits twice and you block thrice you probably won't have time to hit back, but that's okay since it's always better to be on the safe side. Every enemy's swing you must press the "block" button. (so press 3 blocks for a skilled enemy, and 2 blocks for an unskilled's combo).
Then hit back, once or more depending on how confident you feel. Probably one is enough, until you start "feeling the rhythm).
Repeat until enemy is back.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom