Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto V FIVE Thread

• Thread starter A horse of course
  • Start date

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Let me look up the meaning of the word: boring.
Hey, this trailer is the illustration in the dictionary.

Sorry guys, I'm not into GTA games.

Krash

Arcane
Didn't really show much except that rockstar still make the best animations and ingame cutscenes. Still looking forward to Saints Row 3 more.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
doesn't matter if you're into GTA or not, this trailer didn't say anything.

Angthoron

Arcane
Animations seems smoother, if it's in-game stuff, but other than that, a nice zero-substance trailer.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
I hope it's the entire area of San Andreas again and not just Los Santos + Countryside. Seriously the countryside sucked.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Hopefully they'll ditch the wannabe realism of GTA4 and dial back to fun. Sadly, it's almost certain they won't. Still, maybe they'll beat their current record of enormous time taken to get up. Seriously, their physics engine can cause hilariously long times spent on the ground, Niko and Marston turn into paraplegics the moment they're knocked over.

pipka said:
So, we don't play nigger this time. Casual bustas who aren't gangstas.
No no no, CJ wasn't ballin', he was bitch. And the best GTA protagonist so far.

And they better have all of San Andreas again, it was a really awesome map.

Hell I loved roaming the countryside in San Andreas. One of my best memories was driving by the ocean with the forest on the other side, with RVs and motorcycles. There's even one of those old-school diners along that route.

Reminded me of my childhood when my family traveled.

Twinkle

Liturgist
Ugly blue fog is the new shit slowly taking crown away from standard piss-filters. Oh well, unlike GTA 4 this one at least has some actual colors.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
I'd love for another GTA like VC and SA, they were the series' pinnacle. I fondly remember all those urban legends going around about SA, like haunted ghost cars and Bigfoot roaming around the country side :D If R* could remake the area of SA with all the detail they put in with GTA4's Liberty City, it'd be really impressive.

Menckenstein said:
Excidium said:
Looks cool. Hopefully it'll be more like VC which is still the best GTA.

Sounds like Ray Liotta in the trailer, oddly enough.
I doubt it's him, I remember R* once said they never wanted to work with Liotta again. After VC released and became a hit, Liotta was quoted saying that if he had known the game was going to be a huge hit, he'd have demanded more money from R* for doing vo.

Fat Dragon said:
I'd love for another GTA like VC and SA, they were the series' pinnacle. I fondly remember all those urban legends going around about SA, like haunted ghost cars and Bigfoot roaming around the country side :D

Dunno about Bigfoot, but the Ghost Cars were actually real. Had one almost nail me to a cliff side while I was off-roading with a four wheeler.

They're the result of some kind of glitch in the system that spawns vehicles nearby you. They usually smack into something (a tree, rock, whatever) upon spawning, that kicks them into aggressive mode. You're the only thing nearby out in the wilderness, so they target you.

Edit: The spawning glitch also affects planes, so sometimes while you're in the higher mountainous sections you can actually see them crashing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom