Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto V - Released on PC

bert

Arcane
ITZ COMING

Grand Theft Auto Vfor PC will take full advantage of the power of PC to deliver across-the-board enhancements including increased resolution and graphical detail, denser traffic, greater draw distances, upgraded AI, new wildlife, and advanced weather and damage effects for the ultimate open world experience.

Los Santos: a sprawling sun-soaked metropolis full of self-help gurus, starlets and fading celebrities, once the envy of the Western world, now struggling to stay afloat in an era of economic uncertainty and cheap reality TV. Amidst the turmoil, three very different criminals risk everything in a series of daring and dangerous heists that could set them up for life.

The biggest, most dynamic and most diverse open world ever created and now packed with layers of new detail,Grand Theft Auto Vblends storytelling and gameplay in new ways as players repeatedly jump in and out of the lives of the game’s three lead characters, playing all sides of the game’s interwoven story.

Grand Theft Auto V
for PC also includesGrand Theft Auto Online, the ever-evolving Grand Theft Auto universe. Explore the vast world or rise through the criminal ranks by banding together to complete Jobs for cash, purchase properties, vehicles and character upgrades, compete in traditional competitive modes, or create new content to play and share with the Grand Theft Auto community.

All new content and gameplay created and released since the launch ofGrand Theft Auto Onlineincluding new Jobs, an arsenal of new weapons, scores of new vehicles, new properties and player customizations will also be available inGrand Theft Auto Onlinefor PC. In addition, the current community of players will have the ability to transfer their Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression to their choice of PlayStation®4, Xbox One or PC.

Grand Theft Auto V
for PC will also feature a video editor designed for advanced movie-making.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Hopefully this won't have SecuRom. I'm sure that RockStar Social Club shit is unavoidable, though.

SoupNazi

I have it on PS3. It's actually quite fun if I take away the fact that I play it on the shitty gaypad. The missions, especially Trevor's, are back to the usual "crazy" ones, though not as ridiculously crazy as in Saint's Row. The story is ok and it reminds me of the old San Andreas missions with the Yakuza, the government guy (stealing a fighter jet) etc.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Story is ok. The game is reall fun played with some friends online, so I cant wait till it comes to PC where it looks so much better. :)

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I tried playing it on PS3 and quit a few hours in, but I'm guessing that's because I hate playing shooters with a pad, and the game looked ugly as fuck due to aliasing. So I'm going to err on the side of optimism and look forward to the PC version.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Looking forward to this, I have played and loved all main GTA games since GTA III and forward. Loved the return to the countryside since the first trailer, completely ignored and forgot about the game when no PC date was announced alongside the console date (a fact I should have known :|).

Hopefully the only DRM they will fuck me up the ass with will be Steam.

I'm sure that RockStar Social Club shit is unavoidable, though.
Oh, and this pointless shit as well. Seriously, what is the point of Social Club?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The Ballad of Gay Tony redeemed GTA4 so I'll buy. +M

TLAD wasn't that bad too, if you're into bikes and MC's. I would say that both DLC's were better than OC.
It was okay. I didn't like how relentlessly depressing the story was.

Though I understand that V gives the main character a relentlessly-depressing ending that circles right around to comedy.

GreyViper

Prophet
Not really, it's a good game that is also popular

it happens
Yes it really is a good game, over hyped games like Sleeping Dog/Cats make that clear enough. I suspect we will see good things from modding scene and multiplayer. My favorite mod from San Andreas was white protagonist, brother from another father so to speak.
1328184714_Screen2.JPG

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'll buy it on the cheap. Haven't played an actual GTA game since 3 and wasn't impressed with Saints Row 2/3 (basically the same damn game). Sleeping Dogs looked pretty but I didn't really care for the focus on kung-fu-panda-shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom