Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto V - Released on PC

rezaf

Cipher
No one else getting character switch crash in Blitz Play mission? That shit's been halting my game progress for a good few days now. At first I thought it was just bad crack but a lot of people on official forums seem to be having same issue.

That's a very weird gliche I had as well. But there are workarounds - haven't you seen them on the official forums?

The easiest might sound kinda dumb, but it actually worked for me: Don't throw stickybombs while on foot during the mission. To open the back doors of the armored car, throw the stickybomb on them while still sitting in the garbage truck. Later, use anything else to destroy the garbage truck at the getaway vehicle - even enough smallarms fire will get the job done.
Obeying this simple rule got me through the mission without issues.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
The multiplayer sucks. Me and all my friends bought it, but in a couple days of playing online we haven't really been able to do much. All the multiplayer missions are PvP. The engine isn't suited for it, PvP sucks. Either deathmatch games in a game that has a shitty design for it, or racing.
Also, oh my fucking god the plane/heli controls with mouse are abysmal. They put so much effort and care into every other feature, but the controls? They're impossibly bad, you have to just never use the mouse ever. Apparently you're supposed to use WASD and the keypad in flying stuff, except then you can't use weapons because they have to be primed with alt and mouse1, so without a console peasant controller you need 3 hands.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
All the multiplayer missions are PvP

No they're not, the actual missions are all co-op - you're thinking of the other activities, like DM and Capture. Heists and survival are co-op teamplay too. It is easy to get confused initially since the whole GUI is so damn unintuitive and shitty.

And yeah aircraft controls are fucked, but they made them so horrible that there isn't really any point to ever using them anyway. A fighter jet that can't outrun a sports car on the ground, great design that.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
holy shit, all the air vehicles have terrible controls. I've been enjoying the game overall, but I dread any mandatory flying segment, because any mouse movement seems to make me do loops and corkscrews, even with my DPI close to minimum. keyboard controls aren't much less fragile.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Looks like the codex approves of this decline popamole shit then? Disappointing.

rezaf

Cipher
holy shit, all the air vehicles have terrible controls. I've been enjoying the game overall, but I dread any mandatory flying segment, because any mouse movement seems to make me do loops and corkscrews, even with my DPI close to minimum. keyboard controls aren't much less fragile.

I'm glad I'm not the only one dreading flight.

Is there any point in dusting off my old 360 controller? I know in GTA:SA, playing with a joypad magically turned flying from a horrible to a pleasant experience for me in that game. Does this work in GTA5 also?
I can't imagine playing the entire game this way, but I'd totally switch to a joypad for flight segments if need be.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Is there any point in dusting off my old 360 controller? I know in GTA:SA, playing with a joypad magically turned flying from a horrible to a pleasant experience for me in that game. Does this work in GTA5 also?
I can't imagine playing the entire game this way, but I'd totally switch to a joypad for flight segments if need be.

Yeah you can do that, and it's actually the recommended way if you're interested in doing stuff like the Flight School in GTA Online. You can have both on at the same time, you don't need to go via options screen to switch from mouse & kb to gamepad and vice versa; they'll both work at the same time so you can use the pad just for flying.

Heresiarch

Prophet
I use a 360 controller on most of the time, and KB + M exclusively for shooting. The precise trigger/thumbstick pressure control on the controller allows much better driving/flight control, although nothing beats KB + M when it comes to shooting stuff.

The game runs beautiful so far but I am feeling annoyed by the fact that I have only 2GB VRAM which is cause constant stuttering after 1 or 2 hours of playing. Or it could be caused by memory leak instead?

rezaf

Cipher
Stupid question: When you call Lamar to hang out, where do you meet up with him? I drove up and down Forum Drive but couldn't locate him.

Deleted member 7219

I gave in and bought the game.

The memory leak issue is now stopping me from playing. It takes about 10 minutes to load even though I have a Samsung 840 EVO SSD. The game gobbles up 7GB of RAM (I have 8GB in total). Most of the time textures don't even load, happens when I drive and also when walking.

I'm annoyed by the retards calling this a good port. Like fuck it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoupNazi

The memory leak issue is now stopping me from playing. It takes about 10 minutes to load even though I have a Samsung 840 EVO SSD. The game gobbles up 7GB of RAM (I have 8GB in total). Most of the time textures don't even load, happens when I drive and also when walking.

It works fine for me and doesn't hog up memory, so it must be a good port.

MasPingon

Arcane

I love when someone can't handle his PC and blames the game.

Deleted member 7219

I love when someone can't handle his PC and blames the game.

:nocountryforshitposters:

10 minute load times on an SSD say nothing about my hardware and everything about the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

MasPingon

Arcane
Dude, it's impossible, this game runs great on high settings on my old PC. Did you install latest video card drivers? I got the same problem as you until I did it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
These are the minimum requirements, supposedly, right?

88df2840a2.png

I'm about to run the game on a Core 2 Quad Q9450 2.66GHz, Radeon HD4870, 8GB DDR2 RAM, DirectX10, Samsung SSD 840 computer. Will report findings, forever shaming or redeeming Matt7895.

Starwars

Arcane
Looking forward to that, I've also got an older computer with fairly similar specs so I'd be interested to see how it runs.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
lol, I can't even run it. The game tells me that I "exceed video memory" when I turn all settings to minimum and turn the resolution to 1914x1052 (wtf is up with that res btw).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom