Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Graphics-lite Kodex?

Rpgsaurus Rex

Would be fantastic if such mode was ever implemented, in the future. Just throwing the idea out there...

For Kindle, iPhone and other such devices, basically. Graphics-lite, black on white text mode (ads stay ofc), so reading it away from my PC doesn't burn my eyes and doesn't take forever to load a page.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
TapaTalk is installed here and on thousands of other forums. It works well. Use it.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Something like what spacequest.net has would be cool.
Try it on mobile:
www.spacequest.net/index.php/index

IMG_0988.PNG

Sure, I can put up a page like that for mobiles at the Codex.

"Hi, you're using a mobile. We're busy redesigning it...

Honest."

:troll:

If you're talking about this though:

IMG_0989.PNG

... That's a standard Invision Board option. Which if you'll scroll down, they promote the IPS Communities App for $1.99.

TapaTalk is just $0.99! We save you dolla.

Anyway, installed the XFS Mobile Template and Stlying mod to auto-detect mobiles. It's not as useful as Tapatalk but it works. Taluntain, not sure if that means you'll have to do something about ads for the mobile template...

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Anyway, installed the XFS Mobile Template and Stlying mod to auto-detect mobiles. It's not as useful as Tapatalk but it works. Taluntain, not sure if that means you'll have to do something about ads for the mobile template...

Oh joy, another template to jack around with... can we at least disable the default XF one? I'm sure nobody's using it but I need to duplicate everything there.

I actually wanted to ask you about enabling ads on TapaTalk at some point... it's on my to-do. We can do this new one then too.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member

Oh joy, another template to jack around with...
I no rite!

can we at least disable the default XF one? I'm sure nobody's using it but I need to duplicate everything there.
I've disabled user selection for it. DB says only 7 people were using it.

I actually wanted to ask you about enabling ads on TapaTalk at some point... it's on my to-do. We can do this new one then too.
Yeah, wondered about that.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I no rite!

Lol, it seriously wasn't worth the time I spent on that for 7 people. I'm glad it's disabled now.

And yea, like 5 people occasionally use TapaTalk on my site so I haven't done it there yet either. What do the stats say for Codex?

Rpgsaurus Rex

Guess I'll have upgrade my Kindle to the one that supports TapaTalk.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
But those might be the only 22 people who ever click ads!

This dam mobile shit sux when your "mobile" device is the size of a book... Plx add a link to switch to the standard layout.

Posted from iFag.
Link should be bottom middle. Where it says "Graffix Lite".

Texas Red

Whiner
I no rite!

Lol, it seriously wasn't worth the time I spent on that for 7 people. I'm glad it's disabled now.

And yea, like 5 people occasionally use TapaTalk on my site so I haven't done it there yet either. What do the stats say for Codex?

As far as I'm concerned you get your salary from Codexers being offered ads, so you work for us. The 5 people are all your bosses.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
^ Much like I said, we have many retarded users with all sorts of delusions.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I use my mobile phone to make phone calls. Definitely in the minority on that one.

Texas Red

Whiner
^ Much like I said, we have many retarded users with all sorts of delusions.

Aren't you the bro who works for Taluntain, who in turn works for us? No offence, bro, but I asked Taluntain to schedule a disciplinary meeting. Nothing personal, it's just work, bro.

Here's how it looks on my tablet.

edit: ah, this replaced the default Xenforo skin.

Link should be bottom middle. Where it says "Graffix Lite".

The "Graffix Lite" link shows up on the PC, but not on the tablet. As in, it stops after "facebook.com/rpgcodex Mobile 1.0.6" and won't scroll down further, so I can't change the style on the phone. You can see that in the screencaps. I was able to use the Codex skin on the phone until yesterday, btw.

Changing the style on the tablet does nothing. In fact it was already set to display on Classic Codex style, so I changed it to Graffix Lite and back again, but it still displays as Graffix Lite. On the PC, it changes styles correctly.

I don't mind that much, I just find it strange that it changed automatically overnight and won't let me choose. Clearing cache and cookies doesn't help. Bug or feature? You decide.

Rpgsaurus Rex

I've been trying out Graphics-lite mode, it works fine on my Kindle 3 and is definitely an improvement over the default.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom