Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

1eyedking Greatest scene in gaming history?

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
in one image

Metal-Gear-Solid-3-02.jpeg

retardation

Learned
Easy.

- Exiting the grave in Blood.
- Exiting the first tunnel in MDK.
- Walking off the ship in Morrowind.
- Entering San Francisco in F2 (I think, it's been a while).
- That cutscene in Thief, of course.
- That posh party in Planescape: Torment.
- Introduction of the aliens in Descent: Freespace.
- We've got hostiles!

I can't remember the others because it's friday.

Last edited:

DramaticPopcorn

I replayed MotB many times, and I find that combination of its atmosphere, characters, storyflow and gameplay alterations is better than its individual parts.
This particular conversation is not as sophisticated as you circlejerking pretentious faggots claim it to be. It's a proper use of lore and exploitation of lack of ruleset regarding FR Pantheon in general and all the bullshit that is Time of Trouble.

The backstory is much stronger than portrayal of the individual omnipotent being that basically boils down to "lol u cannot grasp my perfect plan "

I'm not being edgy here, even, just genuinely don't see the appeal and reasoning behind the praise

Keshik

Arcane

Though the Shivans showing up is no surprise, the music and the tone of this briefing always stuck with me.

Also

Last edited:

baturinsky

Arcane
I was really impressed by Shadow Warrior (2013) ending. You have to pay attention to the plot before to understand it, though.

Gozma

Arcane
Last one for the best storytelling since P:T.

Killing all three of the companions in that is even better. Everyone hated Dead Money even though it was so much better than anything in the main game or other other expanions bawwwww

pippin

Killing all three of the companions in that is even better. Everyone hated Dead Money even though it was so much better than anything in the main game or other other expanions bawwwww

I think I killed Domino in my first DM playthrough, but it felt awkward and sad, even if he's supposed to be a manipulative SOB. DM had the best companions, arguably.

SniperHF

Arcane
Before the C&C series went full :retarded:

Kane just sort of looming around in RA

And Seth's execution.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

:desu: + :negative: = emotional engagement/10

That main theme + that flying fortress = :bounce:

:what:Well that was fucking scary as shit.

OMG THAT WAS LIKE SUPERSAD. :cry:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom