Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Greed Monger Insider Thread (drama inside)

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
EDIT- I wish to make a notation. I wrongfully assumed that James Proctor was a part of the scam. Seems I was mistaken . It appears he may have been as much a victim as those other scammed by Jason Appleton.

EDIT 2- Holy fuck. I was wrong.Not a scam... A scam would be easier to accept than the sheer and utter incompetence that went on here.

Ive been following this train wreck from the very start. TBH, I was very intrigued by the concepts , the graphics and the sales pitch until it was revealed that it was essentially a scam using unity (free and paid for) assets to hobble together what appeared to be a game but was just a nice looking fraud . Being the dumb fuck that I am about programming- I had no clue- Until a poster at mmorpg.com spelled it all out,provided links and explained the scam in detail... At which point,the owner of Electric Crow , Jason (penis enhancement pill) Appleton came onto MMORPG.com and threatened to sue the poster using KS money and then threatened the entire forum (and the forum owner)with lawsuits if "negativity was not deleted". Appleton , a snake oil salesman who was an MMO fight promoter,ran for governor of ohio ,sold penis enhancement pills and has had his hand into every shady and underhanded 'get rich quick' scheme also ended up pissing off the WURM online forum and threatening to sue them (using his Kickstarter money) as well culminating into the biggest breakdown a dev has ever publicly had on a forum(that ive ever seen) .

Much hilarity and butthurt ensued- But that was the ancient past and im just wanting to quickly recap this disaster of a concept that scammed people out of $100,000 dollars.

Anyhow- All promises were broken,game is a bust, people were scammed,blah,blah . You codexians know this tale of woe. usually that is funny enough -But this just got waaaay better.

I have found a developer (The LEAD programmer) who is batshit fucking insane. Now- We are talking waaay passed Cleve levels of insane and a totally different type of insanity. Cleve is insane-But its one of those "fine line between genius and insanity" and for as crazy as Cleve is- hes also brilliant and witty and fucking hilarious. Cleve is nuts but is my favorite dev and internet persona and he doesnt give a fuck. This guy, James proctor would be like Cleve if cleve was a sap with assburgers and no superpowers like titanium bones.

Anyhow,I digress as I am starting to ramble on....

So anyhow, This james proctor is the lead programmer on greed monger and has been in this position since the start... Claims he works more than full time on this game (game is in shit state and looks like it was cooked up in a few weeks by amateurs) Claims he doesnt get paid, Claims nothing is ever his fault... God, this shits a long fucking story...

First,lets meet James Proctor-Lead developer on greed Monger a crowd funded game...Remember.This is the Lead developer.

..The Lead developer...Who had over $100,000 to make a game.

...This game.

Now before you say "WTF? That was 100K and over 3 years to make that shit?" I say "Just wait...Young codexian. there is a reason it looks like shit"

Because this guy claims he is making 3 versions of this game"side by side" and keeps having to start over due to a plethora of problems that isnt his fault...But this really isnt a scam..He hasnt even been paid....

This is all outlined here.In this fucking hilarious thread... Too bad the asshole mods deleted a bunch of shit and closed the thread.... Even with everything being deleted-Its funny as hell. Especially the end.
http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/429764/page/1

Turns out the LEAD DEVELPOER on this game is disabled because of depression and cannot work or leave home without having a panic attack. So he gets a guvment check and guvment cheese while taking 100 thousand fucking dollars to make this game. Greed Monger is taxpayer funded.=/

So whos the retard? This retard or the retards who gave him 6 figures? I dont even care- This shit is funny as hell and needs to be immortalized in the KKKodex where SJW mods wont lock the thread.

Discuss.

Last edited:

Aenra

though you are entitled to disbelieve me, i am very, very far from anything remotely close to an "SJW" (an abbreviation i was not even aware of prior to lurking in the Codex). Those few sensitivities i do have, i keep to myself. And they mostly are centered around myself ^^
now this petty disclaimer aside, i will give you a different point of view:

the retard above is (and i take your word for it, not even gonna look, can't really "look" this up anyway) just that. A retard. With all his issues and said mental state i am, lols aside, being fair in attributing the slimmest of chances in his actually believing he could pull this off. The slightest. Just another sad useless loser that had a dream and of course, life being life, it kinda rolled over him :D

the sad part is that key word. Believing.
and you share that with him. Only in the person of someone mean-spirited, cunt by choice, petty, vindictive, immensely complexed, prejudiced, self- blindfolded and excessive, compulsive a liar. Which makes you, and people like you, tragic.
Nothing drama-derivative. You take yourself beyond that, straight to pure tragedy. Sans the catharsis. Your justifying one while ridiculing the other assures of this much.

there are many, many sliiiiightly above average IQ people. They are the worse i have come to realise. They cannot fit in among the sheep. They cannot trully surpass them. They lack the essentials. They hover in between, spewing shit, anger and complexes-driven useless, unproductive discourse.

retards, proper retards, can still be nice people. After your reaching of some age, you will come to find kindness has its own strength and value.
people like the latter category however are just that. Cunts. They offer you nothing. You. Fuck the world. You. Even your pleasure in the "lols" they produce is done at your expense.

they make YOUR world just a bit greyer. Each and every time you give them the space, breath or right to do so.

so while i could not give a fuck about Proctor, lol, i still think you are more tragic a case. You are a tool for someone else as your sole purpose of existence, in their eyes, is your feeding their ego. And you do just that. Repeatedly :)
is this a rant? No. Just one person (and i think among many) who is tired. Of reading, seeing, being forced to converse and interact with people that think themselves better. But are in fact worse. Than their dreaded, feared average.

you will know trully bright people. Unlike me, yourself, or most people here, they will not waste their time on the above. They do not need to. You will know them precisely because of that. Your not even existing for them.

food for thought

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

ZdzWYke.jpg

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
though you are entitled to disbelieve me, i am very, very far from anything remotely close to an "SJW" (an abbreviation i was not even aware of prior to lurking in the Codex). Those few sensitivities i do have, i keep to myself. And they mostly are centered around myself ^^
now this petty disclaimer aside, i will give you a different point of view:

the retard above is (and i take your word for it, not even gonna look, can't really "look" this up anyway) just that. A retard. With all his issues and said mental state i am, lols aside, being fair in attributing the slimmest of chances in his actually believing he could pull this off. The slightest. Just another sad useless loser that had a dream and of course, life being life, it kinda rolled over him :D

the sad part is that key word. Believing.
and you share that with him. Only in the person of someone mean-spirited, cunt by choice, petty, vindictive, immensely complexed, prejudiced, self- blindfolded and excessive, compulsive a liar. Which makes you, and people like you, tragic.
Nothing drama-derivative. You take yourself beyond that, straight to pure tragedy. Sans the catharsis. Your justifying one while ridiculing the other assures of this much.

there are many, many sliiiiightly above average IQ people. They are the worse i have come to realise. They cannot fit in among the sheep. They cannot trully surpass them. They lack the essentials. They hover in between, spewing shit, anger and complexes-driven useless, unproductive discourse.

retards, proper retards, can still be nice people. After your reaching of some age, you will come to find kindness has its own strength and value.
people like the latter category however are just that. Cunts. They offer you nothing. You. Fuck the world. You. Even your pleasure in the "lols" they produce is done at your expense.

they make YOUR world just a bit greyer. Each and every time you give them the space, breath or right to do so.

so while i could not give a fuck about Proctor, lol, i still think you are more tragic a case. You are a tool for someone else as your sole purpose of existence, in their eyes, is your feeding their ego. And you do just that. Repeatedly :)
is this a rant? No. Just one person (and i think among many) who is tired. Of reading, seeing, being forced to converse and interact with people that think themselves better. But are in fact worse. Than their dreaded, feared average.

you will know trully bright people. Unlike me, yourself, or most people here, they will not waste their time on the above. They do not need to. You will know them precisely because of that. Your not even existing for them.

food for thought
Thats very touching. I think an after school special may be in order.

The difference is, THIS retard was part of a scam that netted 6 figures. This Retard is who I am speaking of and not retarded people in general. I suppose they are like everyone else - Some good, some bad- Some perpetuating 6 figure scams.

That all aside- I AM better. I dont scam people.

And yes, I am here for the Lulz. Things like this not only entertain me but I think represent a cautionary tale. Looking back on old threads concerning this game it would be evident that people were duped and had they known who they were handing cash to it probably would not have netted close to what it did.

Finally, as a taxpayer- It seems odd that a lead develop[er on a game could be disabled and needing a government check to live while working more than full time on a professional game. This is a bit insulting to me.

Still. You are about half right.I never claimed to be a great human being nor of superior intellect or even morality. I'm just not a public figure who perpetuated a scam and thus I am one of the hordes of sheeple who doesnt really dosnt stand out (other than my 15 inch cock) but finds entertainment in the bizarre and the unusual (such as this).
Good day- And you really should tsee if Anita Sarkeesian needs a speech writer. Hell, you almost convinced me to repent... But...Nah.

=P

Aenra

sure i am black cat's alt. Heavenz forbid someone has an opinion that is unpopular/not shared by most of the dysfunctional angry cunts people. Myself included mind you..most definitely;
but since i am at it.. an advice for you too Scrooge

riding the 'different train' is nice. Especially at an age as young as yours. Just don't think it elevates you anywhere trully special :)

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
sure i am black cat's alt. Heavenz forbid someone has an opinion that is unpopular/not shared by most of the dysfunctional angry cunts people. Myself included mind you..most definitely;
but since i am at it.. an advice for you too Scrooge

riding the 'different train 'is nice. Especially at an age as young as yours. Just don't think it elevates you anywhere trully special :)
Thats okay- You write very well (honest) and your unwelcomed opinion is welcome...I...Suppose.
RPG Codex is
:incloosive:

Angthoron

Arcane
Okay folks, I'm going to lock this thread before this gets out of hand.

Except not really, what a twist

Aenra, you seem to come out of the blue and strike God's fear into innocent bystanders. Could you explain what exactly it is that the penguin has done to earn your wrath? My eye hurts so I can't really read all these walls of text, succinctness will be appreciated.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Finally, as a taxpayer- It seems odd that a lead develop[er on a game could be disabled and needing a government check to live while working more than full time on a professional game. This is a bit insulting to me.
He clearly couldn't cope with doing the project when "working" on it overtime. Would get fired from any real job due to inefficiency, errors, erratic performance, etc. caused by his disability.
Government check fully justified.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
He clearly couldn't cope with doing the project when "working" on it overtime. Would get fired from any real job due to inefficiency, errors, erratic performance, etc. caused by his disability.
Government check fully justified.
I honestly agree with you on this one. It actually answers many questions that have remained elusive in this entire craziness which has been Greed Monger. Fact is ,however, he hasnt been fired and remains the lead developer 3 years on (claiming he is not getting paid a dime while having to pay others...).

Who is even developing this game is a mystery atm. This is a long and convoluted tale but there was (an attempt? Unclear) at transfering ownership from Electric Crow (Jason Appletons company) to mmo interactive (JP's company)but it supposedly fell through.

To be completely honest, I think 'ol JP here was duped into total culpability for this project failure and jason Appleton pocketed the money and used this guy as the fall guy for what looks to have been a pretty well orchestrated scam on the part of jason Apppleton who disappeared after getting the Kickstart money and then starting direct funding at his website.

I felt sorry for james for quite awhile during all of this but now its clear he is a scammer as well who just probably was out scammed by Appleton who is a pro.

So- With your reasoning (and mine as well) Jason Appleton recieved more than 100K in funding and this guy was "hired" to lead the development team for free (supposedly)- And 3 years later he is still the lead developer but the ownership of the project is now in question. He is supposedly not the boss and yet hasnt been fired - And the above is what work he has to show for leading a team of (at one point) 10 or more people and he is still the lead dev...Its...Strange. Where are the hardy boys when you need 'em.

James continues to defend Appleton yet claims that Jason Appleton is the evil boss who wont pay him. The whole thing is fucked up beyond measure. But the truth is elusive and everyone involved with greed monger is (and has been) lying through their teeth. A small example is presented in the thread I linked but this well runs deep.

Point is- At this point hes held a full time job for 3 years as a lead developer and hasnt been fired yet. Point is he was part of perpetuating a six figure scam. Seems to me he isnt disabled then. or something really shady is going on here.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.c...by-Jason-Appleton-Owner-of-Greed-Monger-.html

^^^^^^^^^^^This was to the poster who pointed out the scam (including links and explaining how they had done it)

Dear Community,

Mr. Appleton has now taken it upon himself to send me private messages threatening me and my former Employer. In spirit of full disclosure and to get the Moderators attention on this most despicable action by Mr. Appleton. Here is the full message he sent me.

"You have done nothing but attack me personally since the start of this thread. Accusing me of being a scam artist, bashing me publicly and you haven't stopped.

I know everything about you. I'm done fucking with you.

Either stop with your shit, or I promise you, you wont have anymore secrets.

I am not a scam artist of any kind and I don't give a shit if you like me or my game, but I've had enough of your bullshit.

You are making this a personal matter. I suggest you take a different turn. I have friends at [censored: my former Employer] as well, so don't think for a second I can't make sure you don't feel the sting of the drama you've started for absolutely no reason.

I truly hope you take my advice because you really have no idea what kind of hornets nest youre kicking around.

If you dont like the game, youre welcome to say so. I've had enough of your attacks on me.

Take this private message however you'd like." - Mr. Appleton

NOTE: I am DYING for Appleton to come to the codex.

Last edited:

Angthoron

Arcane
Feel free to doublepost. Are you copypasting this from somewhere? Please tell me you're copypasting and not actually typing all that up.

Angthoron

Arcane
Not sure James Proctor is a fag though, you might want to edit the topic for clarity of some kind.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Feel free to doublepost. Are you copypasting this from somewhere? Please tell me you're copypasting and not actually typing all that up.
Yes. I gave a link but it was lost in my ramblings...

Okay. The first 3 videos I posted were released in 2012 with alpha supposed to be coming in April and that was supposedly "real game footage". This game was being hyped all over the place- It was massively hyped in the MMORPG circles and even gained #1 on the mmorpg.coms meter. This was while rthe crowdfunding was going on.

Anyhow- A poster (the one I quoted above) knew these guys and they were faking the entire thing using unity (something I dont understand) and were scamming. This poster started posting links showing what was really happening and the history behind Jason Appleton. The link is somewhere out there in the www but there was so much that happened at that time it will be impossible to find. Jason Appleton had been drumming up support on mmorpg.com and had a very favorable reputation until this post came forth and everything clicked. He then started getting tough questions and people seeing through the bullshit (and the usual fanboi white knights clashing with them) and thats when jason Appleton sent the above post to the poster who exposed this.

-At the same time a poster from Wurm Online (maybe the same guy...idk) exposed the same information which culminated in jason Appletons meltdown where he threatened to use the Kickstart money to sue the Wurm online forum and also penned the above threat to the poster. *takes breath*
http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/69845-greed-monger/ - The Wurm Thread
http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.c...by-Jason-Appleton-Owner-of-Greed-Monger-.html - Threat to the poster

THEN, he asked Bill M the owner of Mmorpg.com to censor anything negative which bill refused to do- So Jason threatened him,melted down (threads mostly gone) and Bill removed his game from mmorpg.com.

http://mmofallout.com/greed-monger-threatens-mmorpg-com-with-lawsuit-game-unlisted/

This was all back in 2012 during the Kickstart campaign.

Its alot- I know. This is a really fucked up history here....

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.... I was kind of hoping there were more mmorpg fags in here who have followed this wreck because there is so much crazy shit thats went down since the start.

I only brought that up in response to the poster saying JP seems like he is disabled... And I was attempting to give a quick abridged run down of where jason Appleton falls in. That Jason Appleton hired this guy to LEAD the development team and has kept him employed for 3+ years. If you watch the above videos you will see what was being presented and there hear a bit about the drama concerning what was divulged about this thing being a scam.

And yeah- I just typed that shit.

Last edited:

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Not sure James Proctor is a fag though, you might want to edit the topic for clarity of some kind.
I dont know if hes a fag or not- I do know he will find this post since he trolls hourly for anything said about Greed Monger and im hoping he stops in to clarify if he is a fag or not.

If hes not a fag- I am sorry for misleading everyone. I'm sure he'll be along though soon enough to set me straight. If you demand I first wait for confirmation behind said faghood - I will.

Angthoron

Arcane
I dont know if hes a fag or not- I do know he will find this post since he trolls hourly for anything said about Greed Monger and im hoping he stops in to clarify if he is a fag or not.

If hes not a fag- I am sorry for misleading everyone. I'm sure he'll be along though soon enough to set me straight. If you demand I first wait for confirmation behind said faghood - I will.
Well played.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I honestly agree with you on this one. It actually answers many questions that have remained elusive in this entire craziness which has been Greed Monger. Fact is ,however, he hasnt been fired and remains the lead developer 3 years on (claiming he is not getting paid a dime while having to pay others...).

Who is even developing this game is a mystery atm. This is a long and convoluted tale but there was (an attempt? Unclear) at transfering ownership from Electric Crow (Jason Appletons company) to mmo interactive (JP's company)but it supposedly fell through.

To be completely honest, I think 'ol JP here was duped into total culpability for this project failure and jason Appleton pocketed the money and used this guy as the fall guy for what looks to have been a pretty well orchestrated scam on the part of jason Apppleton who disappeared after getting the Kickstart money and then starting direct funding at his website.

I felt sorry for james for quite awhile during all of this but now its clear he is a scammer as well who just probably was out scammed by Appleton who is a pro.

So- With your reasoning (and mine as well) Jason Appleton recieved more than 100K in funding and this guy was "hired" to lead the development team for free (supposedly)- And 3 years later he is still the lead developer but the ownership of the project is now in question. He is supposedly not the boss and yet hasnt been fired - And the above is what work he has to show for leading a team of (at one point) 10 or more people and he is still the lead dev...Its...Strange. Where are the hardy boys when you need 'em.

James continues to defend Appleton yet claims that Jason Appleton is the evil boss who wont pay him. The whole thing is fucked up beyond measure. But the truth is elusive and everyone involved with greed monger is (and has been) lying through their teeth. A small example is presented in the thread I linked but this well runs deep.

Point is- At this point hes held a full time job for 3 years as a lead developer and hasnt been fired yet. Point is he was part of perpetuating a six figure scam. Seems to me he isnt disabled then. or something really shady is going on here.
If he'd fire him, then he would have to find a replacement that would have to be paid a salary that would be as big or larger than the whole Kickstarter money.

I think Jason Appleton manipulated people into giving him money and then found vulnerable people and manipulated them into working for him for free or for small pocket money.
He seems to be a kind of a manipulative gypsy type.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane

If he'd fire him, then he would have to find a replacement that would have to be paid a salary that would be as big or larger than the whole Kickstarter money.

I think Jason Appleton manipulated people into giving him money and then found vulnerable people and manipulated them into working for him for free or for small pocket money.
He seems to be a kind of a manipulative gypsy type.
Oh yeah, Appleton is a piece of work.

But james P isnt innocent in this. he may have been the one left holding the bag but he was not innocently duped. It looked that way for awhile, but no.

The problem is jason Appleton is MIA. Hasnt posted in months and seems to have fallen off the face of the map. Even after the KS jason moved funding direct to the website and slowly backed away placing james out front.

Appletons gone though- James is the one constant since the start. he lies like crazy and hes all over the place lying and misdirecting and providing excuses. He placed himself in this position and helped perpetuate all of this mess. Since Appleton is gone, James is left to take the heat.

Lie down with dogs and you will get fleas. James knew what was what- Now it is what it is...

Had he not stepped into that thread yesterday and started lying all over again and excusing jason Appleton while at the same time blaming him (The backer rewards are still sitting in Appletons garage since 2012 and he doesnt "have time" to send them- But when he does finally do it- There will be an extra bonus for all the faithful backers!!!) and crying about working like a slave without pay- MAYBE, if james starts telling the fucking truth the publicity around him will go away. He doesnt though. he continues on... More bullshit every time he says anything and then more excuses everytime he fails to produce.

This has went on long enough and is one of the main reasons real games cannot get KS funding when people are buying hype and promise.

EDIT- The problem is everywhere this starts being discussed- It doesnt take long for locked threads and deleted posts. Thats why I am bringing this here finally. If people are interested in this , it will be immortalized and not locked to fall to the bottom of the forum.

Last edited:

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
...Since I have permission to double post =P

-Here is a video from January 6th 2015 concerning ANOTHER game james proctor is making. In the video he talks about setting up a Kickstarter for ONLY 1200 to get this thing off the ground.Once he has a prototype the REA:L Kickstart campaign will happen for the big bux!!!!! This was after making a greed monger development video just a week before with the "everything is rosy and going great" vibe.

NOTE: Watch this for 5mins. Please try to stomach this...And keepin mind this is the lead programmer on a game that crowdfunded 100K... Hew was hired to lead a team and program this shit.
Of course he has a ready made excuse when this was brought up in another thread but I'm sure he will be along to clarify how this could happen while he was the lead programmer working full time on Greed Monger because he "cares about the backers".

There was an awesome post someone made showing all the projects James P was and is involved in (like over 6 MMORPGS) with links. Even this post was butchered but the poster still was able to make good points that were not deleted. NVM...Looks like it was deleted.
Anyhow it showed (with links) that James P has started 5 or 6 MMORPGs since 2009 or so. Along with other posts which discussed the fact theat the game was being made with the MMO maker on Steam and the work he was showing could be done in weeks or less- To which he agreed and claimed he keeps having to start over and is making 3 versions of the game at the time... IDK...Shits bizarre.

EDIT- I lied. I found the post!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From here- http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/429764/page/3
No, I didnt type this shit all out either...But I could have.

Oh don't imagine it as full-time work. They have plenty of other side MMO projects. There is history for their projects online dating back to at least '08. There are some consistencies - constant change of frameworks. I'm out of town and can't show you, and eventually just abandoning the project to move on to something else. This is a hobby for them, they get enjoyment from it and I don't believe for a second that they are putting in full 40 hour weeks for the progress made. Let's be honest. What isn't licensed or purchased has just been jerry-rigged together from package after package. The game looks laggy with a single person playing it and it's that way for good reason. It's just a hobbyist project copy/pasting things together that say they'll work together. It's not optimized or professional and it will never - I repeat, never impress an audience especially those as demanding as those playing MMOs.

Here are links to backup what I'm mentioning. Don't feel too sorry for them. They get a kick out of calling themselves a lead developer on a project that has consistently failed to please people. The game only gets something when a new framework is thought up to use, not when someone puts in crazy man hours to create something amazing. That's why it's doomed to fail. I'll say that now. I'm stepping completely onto the "not going to happen" side.

MMO Projects that have not been finished related to James Proctor.

Galactic Conquest
http://galacticconques.sourceforge.net/index.html

Interactive Opensource MMO Engine
http://sourceforge.net/projects/interactiveopen/

Rise of Heroes
http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=53650

Universe MMO Interactive
http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/universe-mmo-framework.252374/
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=296524257

And of course, Greed Monger which was due to release years ago.

Total years = 2008 - 2015
Total MMO projects started = at least 5
Total MMOs completed = at most 0

I've stopped feeling sorry for old JP. I think they are treating it all like a hobby and have excuse after excuse yet revel in playing the martyr for sympathy as if they are tied to a chair doing work day and night but their output isn't strong enough to confirm it. Then have the gall to be apologetic for Appleton who did a damn good job of ruining the rep of the company. As another poster mentioned, they sure do pop up quickly to defend their lack of progress yet don't seem to be around when the people who paid for the project ask questions for months.

There is no more - my hands are tied because of my boss schtick, my hands are tied because of my internet, my hands are tied because I had personal problems. So do we all, every day of the week. Get back in there and deliver what you promised people. People may blame Appleton for being the leader of the project but JP had their name right in the Kickstarter too.https://www.kickstarter.com/project...a-crafting-focused-sandbox-mmorpg/description

That means they were as responsible for it. You don't get any credit without the responsibility tacked onto it. Right now it's the fault of the software and Appleton that things aren't done - all I see is a dev who just doesn't want to finish. They have too much fun being spread out and playing games themselves. Their G+ account has political things on it and their company videos have Let's Plays on them. Admit it's a hobby and let it be because it isn't being treated like a business.

You know what happened when a project I'm working on got pushed back weeks because we couldn't get a vendor to participate correctly? I worked around it and I worked overtime to get it done without them. We will still deliver by our deadline because that's what it means to be a company instead of a hobby. His management is just as lackadaisical about his progress as he has been so I'm starting to think it's two peas in a pod that were right to meet up with each other.

Last edited:

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Great stuff, we should invite that guy over

In the first video he uses artwork for healing spells from World of Warcraft and I'd love to read his excuse for that

/e:

From that same thread on mmorpg, some other user attacking the one who posted the stuff about the 5 mmo projects:

"How many games have you finished on your own GreenReen? If you have I would expect that you would be capable to offer constructive criticism..."

Wtf, his "customers" are as delusional as this James Proctor guy himself. It's like Cleve but at least Cleve has something to show off while James Proctor seems to do a few hours of playing around in different engines and call that "game development" and "alpha build"

Last edited:

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Great stuff, we should invite that guy over

In the first video he uses artwork for healing spells from World of Warcraft and I'd love to read his excuse for that

/e:

From that same thread on mmorpg, some other user attacking the one who posted the stuff about the 5 mmo projects:

"How many games have you finished on your own GreenReen? If you have I would expect that you would be capable to offer constructive criticism..."

Wtf, his "customers" are as delusional as this James Proctor guy himself. It's like Cleve but at least Cleve has something to show off while James Proctor seems to do a few hours of playing around in different engines and call that "game development" and "alpha build"
I am fairly certain his "supporters" are sock accounts. If you even look at the OPs join date on the mmorpg.com thread you will see the account was created exactly when the kickstarter was going on back in 2012- And it has a total of 3 posts. Then pops in here in 2015 to show off some screenshots and proclaim happiness with the game.

The Cleve situation is so different. Cleves demo is a full game and Cleve is the real deal. Cleve is also honest in the sense that he will take your money then tell you that you are a bi polar transexual who can go fuck off and cry in a corner. Cleves backers know (or should know) that you are paying for the right to bitch at cleve who will then insult you. Its been the most entertaining game develpment situation in history. And Cleve posts more in an hour than these clowns have posted since shortly after the Kickstart... Either way you are not getting a game but with Cleve there is easily many thousands of dollars of entertainment value and he never pretends to respect his backers. I'm going to really back Cleve next time and then troll the fuck out him. We all thrive on the symbiotic relationship we have with Cleve. But we love him.

Speaking of which... James or Jason I know you are reading this . You guys could alleviate all or most of the bad publicity by losing the greed monger name and relaunching with a new name. I think grimoire is available and its a cool name.

Angthoron

Arcane
You know, naming a game this way is a pretty clear indication of its endgoal. I actually recall someone linking me the KS back when it was in the fundraising phase, and going "Yeah, right".

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
You know, naming a game this way is a pretty clear indication of its endgoal. I actually recall someone linking me the KS back when it was in the fundraising phase, and going "Yeah, right".
Yeah,but it was a slick presentation. back in 2012 the unity craze hadnt really gone mainstream and jason Appleton came along- Rich and successful fight promoter and businessman who has done well enough for himself that he had been making a game and funding it on his own. He owned $50,000 worth of dedicated servers. He was going to make this game no matter what- It was his passion. The graphics looked amazing and the fact there was 'gameplay' (later turned out was faked) and jason is well spoken and charismatic and presented it in a believable way made it look legit.. He claimed he didnt even need Kickstart and had turned down the investors who were begging to 'get into this'- Kickstarter was just going to take some of the costs away from him and speed progress. Alpha would be a few months after Kickstart ended.

hes a hell of a marketer- he said the right things and honestly people in the forums were giving alot of support and really thought he was the real deal.

I was seriously going to back this- it looked very legit. Thats when the forum poster came along and explained the scam and gave some background about Jason Appleton.

You're so right though. Kind of ironic... Its like the omen was there for those with eyes to see- I totally would have pledged if not for that poster-

And some people paid $3,500 for a castle.

I bet someone was eating Lobster and caviar for a good while.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom