Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Greed Monger Insider Thread (drama inside)

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Meanwhile James Proctor is busy playing Tree of Life

This guy is hilarious
Yes, he can be rather hilarious at times. He is a rather serious and bloodthirsty chap in TOL though.

Well maybe he should be rather serious about developing instead of playing games all day but whatevs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DarKPenguiN

Arcane

This guy is hilarious
Yes, he can be rather hilarious at times. He is a rather serious and bloodthirsty chap in TOL though.

Well maybe he should be rather serious about developing instead of playing games all day but whatevs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I Wouldnt argue with your logic.

Thats just a matter I stay out of. James is fun to game with and thats all I know and care about. If we werent now friends, I would be saying the same thing but when it comes to friends I stay out of their business unless they ask my opinion. My opinion is obviously moar gamez =P

InnitBruv

Literate

This guy is hilarious

This is a good first step.

Jailtime needs to be added. In the article it essentially says that because this guy used up the 120,000 dollars for rent and shit (expensive ass rent...) and he's now broke- He doesnt really have to pay anyone back.

Throw the fucker in jail.

Ive been in jail for stupid shit that amounted to a whole lot less than 6 figures worth of stupid shit. I did more time on a DUI than this asshole got after the feds found him guilty of scamming $120,000... Just because its on the internet theft is theft.

The main difference is that I bet those backers were not bitches and actually threw a fit and demanded some accountability not tucked tail and took their loss like good little boys and girls.True story.

The backers in this case (greedmonger) deserve nothing. They dont seem to care- why should anyone else? Fuck em.

James's mistake was ever taking this fucking monstrosity off of jasons hands at the 11th hour. James is alot of fucking things but he isnt a criminal. I know, regardless of what others might think.

Where were the backers throughout this whole saga? Where were the people who gave $3500 to that crook? Not bitching on forums, not asking questions like 'where is my motherfucking money"- Take $3500 from me and then disappear (but buy houses and nightclubs and shit) i'm going to Cincinnati on principal alone. These fools didnt even make a stink on a forum.

Even after a guy from mmorpg.com and myself offered something towards legal fees not one of these bitches contacted us. Those fools hardly made a peep during 2 years of being played and if I wouldnt have started this shit they would still be sitting around being nice and pretending they werent ripped the fuck off.And the media would still be censoriung forums when the non backers (people not even involved monetarily) asked tough questions.

These fools are the reason people like jason can exist and sometimes thrive. yes, fuck em.I have no respect for them nor care about their loss. Hope jason enjoyed the fuck out of your money idiots.

Edit- Honestly this whole thing gives me less hope for humanity than ive ever had before.

Let the feds worry about people who worry about themselves-Suckers deserve shit this this. At this point I would be pissed if these bitches even received their T-Shirts. people Like Slapshot (and others- Too long to list) from mmorpg.com deserve the shirt more than the idiot who paid for it.

Agree, the backers have been very passive...

And where is that guy that was making a fuss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpNjOG0dF-I

Derium actually backed the maximum 3,500 for it, he even got the right for a sword... ROFL!
... go get them dude, track those mofos and take them to court!

0907cd990b60a7913df54c62a6396934_original.jpg

Last edited:

DarKPenguiN

Arcane

This guy is hilarious

This is a good first step.

Jailtime needs to be added. In the article it essentially says that because this guy used up the 120,000 dollars for rent and shit (expensive ass rent...) and he's now broke- He doesnt really have to pay anyone back.

Throw the fucker in jail.

Ive been in jail for stupid shit that amounted to a whole lot less than 6 figures worth of stupid shit. I did more time on a DUI than this asshole got after the feds found him guilty of scamming $120,000... Just because its on the internet theft is theft.

The main difference is that I bet those backers were not bitches and actually threw a fit and demanded some accountability not tucked tail and took their loss like good little boys and girls.True story.

The backers in this case (greedmonger) deserve nothing. They dont seem to care- why should anyone else? Fuck em.

James's mistake was ever taking this fucking monstrosity off of jasons hands at the 11th hour. James is alot of fucking things but he isnt a criminal. I know, regardless of what others might think.

Where were the backers throughout this whole saga? Where were the people who gave $3500 to that crook? Not bitching on forums, not asking questions like 'where is my motherfucking money"- Take $3500 from me and then disappear (but buy houses and nightclubs and shit) i'm going to Cincinnati on principal alone. These fools didnt even make a stink on a forum.

Even after a guy from mmorpg.com and myself offered something towards legal fees not one of these bitches contacted us. Those fools hardly made a peep during 2 years of being played and if I wouldnt have started this shit they would still be sitting around being nice and pretending they werent ripped the fuck off.And the media would still be censoriung forums when the non backers (people not even involved monetarily) asked tough questions.

These fools are the reason people like jason can exist and sometimes thrive. yes, fuck em.I have no respect for them nor care about their loss. Hope jason enjoyed the fuck out of your money idiots.

Edit- Honestly this whole thing gives me less hope for humanity than ive ever had before.

Let the feds worry about people who worry about themselves-Suckers deserve shit this this. At this point I would be pissed if these bitches even received their T-Shirts. people Like Slapshot (and others- Too long to list) from mmorpg.com deserve the shirt more than the idiot who paid for it.

Agree, the backers have been very passive...

And where is that guy that was making a fuss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpNjOG0dF-I

Derium actually backed the maximum 3,500 for it, he even got the right for a sword... ROFL!
... go get them dude, track those mofos and take them to court!

0907cd990b60a7913df54c62a6396934_original.jpg
He actually didnt back GM- Not sure what all happened but he backed out.

I think Derium was in a similar mindset to myself and once jason dumped GM it wasnt worth it to continue on .Not that I speak for him, but that would be my guess. Kind of stopped alot of things at that point.

Yeah- "passive" isnt even the word for it though. This was just insane. Even all through this not one backer attempted to get any sort of accountability or hardly even acted angry. Like none of this was really a big deal- Oh well. The only ones who tried to ever get any accountability or even ask any sort of hard questions were people who didnt have money in this disaster.

So from my point of view- Why should anyone care they got ripped off if they dont? And TBH this only serves to show how easy it is to scam on the internets nearly risk free and nobody will even really bat an eye.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
I will be seeking legal advice on this. I suggest you guys do the same. I don't mind losing money on an actual investment, but this was an out and out scam. Jason, I hope I get to be there to hand you a XXL t-shirt that says " I should have delivered" at your court hearing. And doubt not for one minute, telling your daughter what a crook her dad is, is now high on my bucket list.

http://www.greedmonger.com/forum/showthread.php?2078-Shutting-down-Greed-Monger/page6

...Maybe they're not all bitches.

InnitBruv

Literate
I will be seeking legal advice on this. I suggest you guys do the same. I don't mind losing money on an actual investment, but this was an out and out scam. Jason, I hope I get to be there to hand you a XXL t-shirt that says " I should have delivered" at your court hearing. And doubt not for one minute, telling your daughter what a crook her dad is, is now high on my bucket list.

http://www.greedmonger.com/forum/showthread.php?2078-Shutting-down-Greed-Monger/page6

Maybe there is hope too, in that post someone posted this:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/06/feds-take-first-action-against-a-failed-kickstarter-with-112k-judgment/

https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/cases/150611chevaliercmpt.pdf

Though I doubt in my heart any of those threats of "seeking legal advice" would materialize, I think people really did realise they were stupid enough to back that shit and will just write it off as a loss and move on with life.

This thread will be kept alive by us with any information regarding this, as I am trying to figure out how many of those "seeking legal advice" people, actually went ahead and grew a pair of balls and took those scammers to court.

What are your bets DarkPenguinN, do you really think someone will go through with this all the way?

EJoe

Educated
The backers have a certain KS reward that describes their state:

We will model an NPC after you and named after you or your significant other. Send us 2 clear photos of the frontal and portrait face view, tell us the body type and style of outfit.

After that, you will become like a NPC - do nothing everyday. Give out money daily and get nothing in return. Get PK'ed and do nothing after that.

As the title says - Greed Monger. This game is all about being greedy and suckers who buy vapourware land. The suckers backers don't know how to complain. Those who backed and complained, got banned from GM's forum. Very good PR community management. Those who complained got sued.

Interestingly, they should sue Greed Monger. Or no money? Too badd....

InnitBruv

Literate
The backers have a certain KS reward that describes their state:

We will model an NPC after you and named after you or your significant other. Send us 2 clear photos of the frontal and portrait face view, tell us the body type and style of outfit.

After that, you will become like a NPC - do nothing everyday. Give out money daily and get nothing in return. Get PK'ed and do nothing after that.

As the title says - Greed Monger. This game is all about being greedy and suckers who buy vapourware land. The suckers backers don't know how to complain. Those who backed and complained, got banned from GM's forum. Very good PR community management. Those who complained got sued.

Interestingly, they should sue Greed Monger. Or no money? Too badd....

Would it not be tragicomic if they sued Jason and James, and they lost the appeal and wasted more money in the legal costs?

Oh dear that would send anyone depressed enough, to the golden gate bridge to jump off... hahaha!

DarKPenguiN

Arcane

Maybe there is hope too, in that post someone posted this:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/06/feds-take-first-action-against-a-failed-kickstarter-with-112k-judgment/

https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/cases/150611chevaliercmpt.pdf

Though I doubt in my heart any of those threats of "seeking legal advice" would materialize, I think people really did realise they were stupid enough to back that shit and will just write it off as a loss and move on with life.

This thread will be kept alive by us with any information regarding this, as I am trying to figure out how many of those "seeking legal advice" people, actually went ahead and grew a pair of balls and took those scammers to court.

What are your bets DarkPenguinN, do you really think someone will go through with this all the way?
No, I dont think anyone will.

I'm not even sure there is anything they could really do if they try...On a legal end.

If enough backers actually step forward and show they are pissed and want accountability as to what the fuck happened this could be noticed and would certainly put jason in the spotlight regardless.

If it were me losing $50- $100 and reading all this shit at the very least I would be going to "Rip Off reports" and other places on the web to make sure jason Appletons name isnt forgotten. If it was $3500 I would really go to Cincinnati and find that fucker and ambush him with a video camera and a bunch of questions which would be posted on youtube or whatever.

I would be calling the numbers he keeps giving for his other businesses and asking "wheres my money" and "what the fuck happened".

The backers could keep pressure on if they wanted until someone decided to investigate-Either the press or the courts or whoever. The backers could at the very least make sure jason feels some heat- Even without going to court.

As it stands every one of them but the above person has tucked tail and doesnt want to make waves. Therefore this shit will continue to happen again and again until, accountability is demanded.

Thats my thoughts anyhow.

EJoe

Educated
I came here originally to defend Harper and try to make sense of this morass.

This is a tragic misappropriation of funds and resources.

The estimated cost of a MMO-controller server and AI on-top is around US$100K. The art would around estimated US$70K, done after the MMO-controller (see post 535) controller is done.

It is tragic as other MMOs have similar problems and don't tackle this problem upfront.

The funds would be a bit just enough (assuming that US$150K was totally collected) and they would have a MMO game.

It is also tragic because other MMOs - if they get donkey developers or do not raise enough funds - good luck. It will never get there.

InnitBruv

Literate
Oh gawd, now Jason is using his failed Kickstarter game Billy Bolt's assets on his new website called http://dirtyleopard.com/ which is about getting SEO clicks and all that marketing bullshit.

OMFG rofl, look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS0Mpq9zkVs

He is trying way too hard to make his voice sound golden radio voice...

The dude is a hardcore entrepreneur scammer!

Now we know where the backers money went... to his nest so he can have plenty of capital for all this side projects...

:keepmymoney:

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Oh gawd, now Jason is using his failed Kickstarter game Billy Bolt's assets on his new website called http://dirtyleopard.com/ which is about getting SEO clicks and all that marketing bullshit.

OMFG rofl, look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS0Mpq9zkVs

He is trying way too hard to make his voice sound golden radio voice...

The dude is a hardcore entrepreneur scammer!

Now we know where the backers money went... to his nest so he can have plenty of capital for all this side projects...

:keepmymoney:
lol- Shit you beat me to it. I didnt see your post. That was sent to me on skype about an hour ago.

yes, the voice is awesome- he IS a professional voice actor, doncha know? =P

InnitBruv

Literate

http://dirtyleopard.com/

Now hes targeting kids? Note the tagline: How to make money if you're a kid.

Lol.

Why not I guess? Nothing happened here and this was adults. kids are an easy mark.

Not to mention these days it is every kid's dream to become a Dirty Leopard SEO Master, with the help of our friend, Traffic Travis!
I mean, come on, what is not excite about clicks, misclicks, facebook likes count and conning people out of $100k to make a vapourware game?

Wish I had these opportunities when I was 12! :D

InnitBruv

Literate
Just noticed that all his videos on his DirtyLeopard youtube channel, are all the same!
They have click bait titles which are all different, but it is the same video, he even went as far as making the ending credits longer or shorter to give a sense that all videos have different lenghts, thus making them seem different before you click bait. Sneaky cunt!

I guess $100k can only go so far to produce one.... :P

On a side note, a dude from MMORPG forums is saying he already put things in motion to sue him and James. :D

Jigawatt

Arcane
Just noticed that all his videos on his DirtyLeopard youtube channel, are all the same!
They have click bait titles which are all different, but it is the same video, he even went as far as making the ending credits longer or shorter to give a sense that all videos have different lenghts, thus making them seem different before you click bait. Sneaky cunt!

Actually, Youtube runs some heuristics to detect duplicate uploads, so that dead time at the end is simply to evade dupe detection.

Relatedly:

OwGqZRO.png

I must be weird knowing what you're doing makes you a cunt but just going ahead and doing it anyway...

DarKPenguiN

Arcane

I guess $100k can only go so far to produce one.... :P

On a side note, a dude from MMORPG forums is saying he already put things in motion to sue him and James. :D
Did mmorpg.com delete it? I couldnt find it. That said Amana (or whatever that nazi asshole mods name is) loves to jump into conversations with one of his/her/its alts and then step in and close the topic. Certain things hurt his/her/its vagina and he/she/it loves to exercise power and control on a forum because IRL he/she/it probably is a passive aggressive douchebag.

Her/his/its MO (look at all the threads that asshole closes) is to come into the conversation with their alt account and say "hey guys this is going too far. This should be deleted" and within an hour gets on their Mod account and then that annoying ass bird avatar pops in and says "I'm stopping this conversation, blah, blah"

Off topic but mmorpg.com used to be a really good site. Now its censored with a heavy hand , weird ass moderation that makes no sense and its community is one of the worst around. The codex is mostly uncensored and we go at it sometimes and dont pull punches but overall the community here is actually pretty top notch and as long as we can all agree that Oblivion sucks- We keep it fairly civil. The staff here is great and if they dont like you they will tell you (but not just censor the shit out of you and act passive aggressive)

On Topic: Interested to see where this goes. If they can get ahold of the list of expenses used and the overall amount that was taken in (through subpoena or whatever) this thing will blow the fuck up. Alot is going to be contingent on that alone- get an itemization and shit will hit the fan. On a legal end , who knows- But if that list goes public and pitchforks and torches dont come out immediately then I give up on the human race and am going back to the hollow earth with my penguin bretherin to plan world conquest against the pussy humans.

If this is investigated through any means in a serious way-This will get really fucking interesting really fast.

I highly doubt james is or will be culpable for anything and even if he is- hes indigent . Jasons not. Jason has assets, equity and credit. He may not have Ca$h but he can always liquidate. =P

-Time will tell if this actually moves ahead or if it just goes away. I've got my popcorn, budweiser and cannabis all ready to go for the show if and when it happens. There IS a story here, a hell of a story and this could be the beginning of the words "once upon a time..."

EJoe

Educated
Greedmonger shut down their site:

The forums are now being shut down. We will have info in the future for our Backers when we have something to share! Thanks again for your support over the last 3 years!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom