Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Greed Monger Insider Thread (drama inside)

Taojnhy

Novice
Yup and it's nothing but a hit piece on me which It's nothing but lies and half truths not that you and Zola really care about the truth. I am currently preparing my own rebuttal on stay tuned...
Yes, because you've got a proven track record of trustworthiness and competence Proctor.

Oh, wait.

Myobi

Liturgist
Yup and it's nothing but a hit piece on me which It's nothing but lies and half truths not that you and Zola really care about the truth. I am currently preparing my own rebuttal on stay tuned...

A “rebuttal”, pffftttttt ahahah! Stay tuned for what? For the same usual sob story of yours?

Jeez, dude, you tell me that I have no life for writing that up, you call it “trash”, yet here you are… wasting time with a “rebuttal” instead of finishing your damn “video game” and shutting us up for good. I already told you at MMO-Champion and I’ll tell you here again, the more you talk, the more you fuck yourself over… a fan of Greed Monger called what I wrote “evidence towards a dude that can't get it right”, all that “evidence” came from you… yapping around every god damn forum like a fool, can’t wait for that next nail on your own coffin mate.

GM_JamesPro

Savant
Believe me I was up all night coding on my game... But that's not what I do 24 hours a day 7 days a week! I've got more then enough time to pick through your trash and show how it's trash and also code.

GM_JamesPro

Savant
pqUrZGqtWjF84KSNDcH6HdRpXbECxj4qhnnAX2ukHJ50WnE0FZWCVgtj-hTCkTUDR1aCoTWdtj6OHmCsgf8EXrt8F7n2BVRnhOq4s4CtuxyMDsynd6-ciCUBl-BiA_dLbPcqk8eg

Just for starters in this screenshot which Zola used to show I was bad mouthing uLink where the hell is the bad mouthing of uLink? lol Everyone knows with out uPikko uLink is more geared for Zoned based MMOs for a bunch of reasons... I wouldn't call that bad mouthing them!

Myobi

Liturgist
Believe me

HAhahahaha! Just like a couple of days ago? "Believe me, Jason has nothing to do with Greed Monger anymore!", "Believe me, I'm leaving this thread and getting this game done!", "Believe me, it's all custom coded!"...Dude, it's like you can't even say "good day" without lying twice, anyone with a little common sense won’t believe shit of what you say by now. Didn't you said you were going to setup a stream of you "coding" back in this thread? I think people are still waiting for that...

Myobi

Liturgist
Also... no, you don't have to pick anyone else’s "trash", if it's just trash and lies you could simply ignore all of it and prove us wrong with something else besides words alone. As I told you before in your facebook page, you are just proving my point… you projects are nothing besides Internet noise.

GM_JamesPro

Savant
So I should just let lies and half truths go unanswered? lol Really if you were in my shoes that's what YOU would do? lol

Zdzisiu

Arcane
So I should just let lies and half truths go unanswered? lol Really if you were in my shoes that's what YOU would do? lol
No no, you should fight those filthy lies with all your might! I need my entertainment and Codex delivers as always.

Myobi

Liturgist

I would never be in your shoes mate, it’s that simple, because unlike you I actually have a little tiny bit of common sense and self-awareness. Still, I already told you what I would do…

You either learn how to be a little humble and admit that you don’t have the knowledge and experience to pull this kind of project off despite the will for it, apologize for those you actually managed to convince otherwise and take a gracious fall, or…

You just shut the hell up and start showing us some real work instead of just blabbing all over the Internet. Srly, is it a lie that you made a profit out of a fraudulent kickstarter? Is it a lie that you accepted being “led-developer” of a MMORPG when you had no bloody experience in video game development to show for? All those over 20 projects that you announced over Unity forums are also a lie? Is it a lie that right now you are allowing people over your Facebook go like “OMFG PPL STILL THINK THAT APPLETON IS TIED TO THIS PROJECT?!”, while in here you openly admitted that he was to be your “investor”? Is it a lie that you have been bragging and accepting compliments in that Facebook by showing them merely Unity Assets?

Dude… the only lie here is you, a walking lie with a big, fat mouth. You want to make a video game? Go for it, no one can stop you, especially not with words, but until you have some actual work to show for, keep it to yourself, stop being a little attention whore and spreading it all over the internet like a fucking disease even before the bloody thing having legs to stand on its own.

GM_JamesPro

Savant
umm Bragging and accepting Compliments by showing ONLY Unity Assets... I think not... Yes the Graphics are store bought from Unity Asset store... But Major amounts of the coding is mine... Like I always say I'm a coder NOT a 3d modeler... Your Delusional if you think I'm going to have every single 3d model custom made... The Models work just fine for what I need and it's a whole lot more cost effective to purchase them for cheaper from the asset store then going out and hiring a artist to custom make them all.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
umm Bragging and accepting Compliments by showing ONLY Unity Assets... I think not... Yes the Graphics are store bought from Unity Asset store... But Major amounts of the coding is mine... Like I always say I'm a coder NOT a 3d modeler... Your Delusional if you think I'm going to have every single 3d model custom made... The Models work just fine for what I need and it's a whole lot more cost effective to purchase them for cheaper from the asset store then going out and hiring a artist to custom make them all.
And here you are, "answering" the least important question he possed in his last post.

I was undecided on your character before, but now Im sure you are just a narcissistic con-artist with delusions of grandeur. And your whining and complaining that someone is againts you are truly pathetic. But please continue making an idiot out of yourself, its free and it entertains us folks around here.

Myobi

Liturgist
Your Delusional

Hahaha! Dat sweet hypocrisy of yours, dude, I’m not the one who went asking 30,000$ to make a MMORPG when I couldn’t even complete a space invaders clone mate! Just sayin ~

Dude, seriously, forget what you “think”, because that obviously hasn’t been working out for you, just listen to penguin, he is your friend right? If you don’t want to listen to any of us “haters”, just listen to that guy, because he is probably the one who comes closest to caring about your sorry ass around here, or at least he still gives you the benefit of the doubt.

… also, yes I heard about it multiple times, you are no “artist”, that’s for sure…yet that’s all you been showing in your Facebook page “another amazing view!”, terrain, character model, character equipment, mount, EVERYTHING people see there is shit taken from the Unity Asset store, yet there you standing receiving praises such as “This game looks awesome!” which is just fucking hilarious… shit, why do you even need to announce it at this point? Facebook, Unity forum, steam greenlight, twitter, massivelyop… this “game”, was already all over the place even before you having a single character model in it, it’s just ridiculous, are you that desperate for attention?

I highly advice you to look into this little game called “Stardew Valley”, right now it’s on top steam sales, it was produced by one single guy, he took a computer-science degree, couldn’t find a job, so started making his own video game, but unlike you he was realistic and modest, instead of going for a fucking MMORPG, he aimed at something much smaller and simpler, he also stuck with it for years until he actually had something solid to show for…

Meanwhile here you are, yapping and announcing a new project every year.

Myobi

Liturgist
And here you are, "answering" the least important question he possed in his last post.

I was undecided on your character before, but now Im sure you are just a narcissistic con-artist with delusions of grandeur. And your whining and complaining that someone is againts you are truly pathetic. But please continue making an idiot out of yourself, its free and it entertains us folks around here.

He always does that, he nitpicks peoples post because he has no arguments for the most part of it… yet he calls them “lies” =/ It has been like this since he showed up over MMO-Champion to defend himself, claiming a lot of shit yet without being able to give any answers to important questions.

coutil

Literate
It's sad to see the way this whole fiasco was handled, the constant excuses and rebuttals without even answering any questions is just amazing.. I had this weird hope that somehow this topic would be different, and that James would actually answer some questions, but alas.

Whiran

Magister
It's sad to see the way this whole fiasco was handled, the constant excuses and rebuttals without even answering any questions is just amazing.. I had this weird hope that somehow this topic would be different, and that James would actually answer some questions, but alas.
Nope, not sad - entertaining.

I love this thread. It just keeps giving.

Edited to add: to put things into perspective this whole Greed Monger thing has been going on for almost 4 years. If a certain coder had truly been coding that entire time he should be pretty proficient at it by now. Four years is enough time to have completed a full Computer Science degree. Coding straight for four years would be even more coding than one would get in a four year program.

Last edited:

Angthoron

Arcane
To put that into perspective, it only took DU half a year to fix the quote pyramids.

Azrile

Literate
James, as much as I think you are a con artist, liar and steal other people´s work and claim it as your own. I really think your worst trait is just stupidity. I mean who, with any amount of common sense would announce a new game, take screenshots of some asset store packages AND THEN POST IT ON THE UNITY FORUMS. It is like stealing a portrait from an art gallary, and then walking in the same art gallery the next day and asking for your creation to be displayed. Then you announce the game and the community manager, only to find out the community manager didn´t even know you were announcing the game and that you never actually asked him to be community manager.

But this new news just makes you even dumber.

Your only saving grace is this whole charade, your only out, the only reason people could possibly give you any amount of slack... was if you blamed the failure of GM on Jason. He is an easy target, and in much of this thread you even got some sympathy because you had to work under him. He has a ton of haters and just distancing yourself gave you some breathing room. So what do you do.. bring him back into the project.

You are just some little kid still living with his mother coming up with an endless list of ´new projects´ that you have no chance completing... we know.. just wait, you will prove us wrong this time, just like you said about the last 5 projects. Seriously, my advice, just take your mental disability check, buy some games every month, and play games in your mom´s basement for the rest of your life. It will be much better for you.

rakknock

Novice
Lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time lurker of the thread that just keeps on giving. I have been following this train wreck since the beginning of the day the Kickstarter was posted. I also ran into James in the Atavism community, in one of the community Teamspeak's from a early adopter by the name of "Kiugetski" (nice fellow, helped a lot of users out, I was asking questions debating a purchase). I seen quite a few interesting projects come thru that teamspeak, but the most notable one was Greed Monger and I even saw Ethan come thru with Divergence Online at one point. I won't go into too much depth as to what I saw back at that time and will keep to myself (though given the public forum posts, in Atavism it's pretty easy to deduce).

Anyways back on point, it appears this recent ignition of this thread's revival may have finally done it.... He just posted this a few hours ago for Greed Monger (I made a account for posting probably delayed post). I will leave the web-link reading to the very fine folks of this thread, I sadly believe this may be the end of the this thread. Though who knows, James may announce another sandbox building game in Cry Engine (I hope to god it's CryEngine) free edition to prove the programming skills obtained over the last 4 years.

Regardless I had to say my piece on the whole thing, Greed Monger will surely be missed. I look forward to the day of unexpectedly seeing a game have the name "James Proctor" in the credits. Until then it has been fun everyone, this thread truly delivers from Jason's time as a Swinger, to Jame's... well, being Jame's would be the best summary.

I hope we can have more threads like this for Kickstarter or other crowd funding projects "where are they now?"

The link to Greed Monger finale is below. Thanks for reading.

http://www.greedmonger.net/updates/2016/03/23/the-final-end-of-the-road-for-greed-monger/

GM_JamesPro

Savant
Thanks for taking the time to post Rakknock. I'm not even close to being done with Game Development. Just taking some time out to do some stuff people here and else where suggested.

I do have a CryEngine license and have a bunch of Assets for CryEngine but I won't be doing anything with it for a while. I'm focusing on something else at the moment and don't have the time to dedicate to CryEngine.

Myobi

Liturgist
For your own fucking sake, if you want to keep up with this “game development” shit go for it, but whatever you may be planning to work on next, just keep it to yourself until it’s actually ready to be released. Also, use assets as last resort only, if you suck balls at 3d modeling, go for a 2d game, use pixelated art, fuck… do a stick man based video game if you have to, as long as you do it yourself…. And Jesus freaking Christ, keep Appleton the fuck away from it, will you?

Ahhhh… who am I trying to fool here, I’ll just read about your next project next month over Unity forums I guess.

GM_JamesPro

Savant
You will read about it only when I'm ready to release it or ready to have it tested... And only if you can figure out my new name...
Jason will have nothing to do with it and it will use whatever assets I can get a hold of... Your the only one who actually expects me to be able to do everything my self...

But also thanks for actually having a half way decent message for once that isn't doing nothing but attacking me...

Myobi

Liturgist
You will read about it only when I'm ready to release it or ready to have it tested... And only if you can figure out my new name...
Jason will have nothing to do with it and it will use whatever assets I can get a hold of... Your the only one who actually expects me to be able to do everything my self...

Lol, no dude, I honestly don’t expect anything out of you. Also… “ready to have it tested”, like Greed Monger was? Where players tested…. ahhh… walking around in an empty map? Srly, If you are going to keep making the same mistakes I highly recommend you to just save yourself the time and just find a new hobby, go collect stamps or something.

Not to mention that by doing so, even changing your nickname will make no difference.

Taojnhy

Novice
So, you think that your name is really the problem here Proctor?

That's like a child who, tired of being yelled at for making a mess, invents an imaginary friend and attempts to blame for future transgressions when the real problem isn't which name to yell at but rather who keeps making the damned mess?

You could call yourself Reverend Josephus M. Coolguy and it wouldn't make a bit of difference so long as you continue: lying, being incompetent, failing to hold yourself accountable and most of all never completing a damned thing that you start.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom