Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Greed Monger Insider Thread (drama inside)

Myobi

Liturgist
^ This.

Also, is that “rebuttal” still a thing or…?

EJoe

Educated
First of all sorry to say but that Space Invaders clone was NOT a Tutorial. I did the coding, level setup, power ups, ect. ALL On my own. Even just used basic programmer art so I could do it all on my own. It wasn't even meant to be a real project. I had some time to kill and I wanted to see what I could accomplish on my own in that 1 afternoon.

I posted bugs list in #869, issues not fixed since 8 years ago.
When can I expect an update with bug-fixes?

You said you did the power-ups, where is it?
Didn't see any when I played the game.
Do you mean that green bouncing thing that is un-shootable that drops down?

This is a fraction of what a normal game should have.
No start screen, No high-score, no-game-over, negative scores, non-functional hit-detection, non-functional scoring system, non-functional lives system.

And you are proud of your your useless, unplayable, Space Invaders clone.

It is not even a clone at all. A clone would be full-featured and enjoyable to play.
What are you thinking?

coutil

Literate
It was a prototype nothing more... It wasn't meant to go viral.

Stop contradicting yourself! And when will you answer any questions? Or are you going to keep avoiding like this..

>_> Going to listen to The Clash now, at least some people with an IQ above absolute zero.

And yes, dear James, theft/fraud is quite a good name for what you did. No need to deny it.

InnitBruv

Literate
michael-jackson-pop-corn-01.jpg

So, anyone kind enough to fill me up on the details of this re-launch, re-shutting down thing?

Myobi

Liturgist

InnitBruv

Literate
Proctor: I WILL STILL MAKE THE GAME!
Haters: Nha, that's bullshit!
Proctor: ITS NOT A BUNCH OF PEOPLE IN A ONLINE FORUM THAT WILL STOP ME!
Myobi: http://rrvs.blogspot.pt/2016/03/the-tale-of-fraudulent-clusterfuck-part.html
Proctor: ALL LIES! JUST YOU WAIT FOR MY REBUTTAL!

*2 weeks later after the blog*

Proctor: I give up, gg easy.

Whoa, that escalated quickly...

I really dont know why James even bothers to think about Greed Monger, the name and everyone surrounding it, is tarnished and cursed forever.
No one in a sane mind will touch anything by anyone that had a hand in that project, I lost all hope for these guys.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
lol does james still think he can make a game, let alone a MMORPG

How many projects did he start by now, this must be his 20th mmo he wants to create from stolen assets. This is some serious OCD behavior here

EJoe

Educated
I have been busy all week attempting to get everything installed on the server and get it online. We are having some issues getting a reliable connection to the server and so we have been set back. I take full responsibility for this set back. I should have waited until we were completely online and ready to go before making any announcements.

I am in the process of putting together a post which will detail my plans and goals going forward and lay out a solid road map over the course of the next couple years to get us from where we are today to where I would like to be in a few years time which is with a released game.

In the future I will refrain from making rash announcements until I know we are ready and there is nothing that could possibly set us back. I really am looking forward to working with you guys to make this as great of a game as we possibly can!

James, just stop it.
Go enroll yourself into a computer science college course so you can learn the basics of coding and learn to, make a living, instead of living on welfare.

What happened to your counselling course? Is it just bunk and you are just cheating yourself out of your future by continuing to do game-development nonsense where you do not understand basics?

You are delusional, dishonest and cheat yourself.

It's like Dunning–Kruger effect where you build a MMO, but in reality you don't have the skill-sets, the server-administration knowledge, modelling knowledge, art knowledge to do so.

After three years studying, you'll be a proud man who can do basic coding rather than continue this delusional MMO.

It's been 5 years now. If you studied for a college degree in 2012, you would have graduated and at least 2 years's experience by now.

Myobi

Liturgist
Oh I just notice that I didn’t update the list, after Project: City Life comes this:

Feb 18, 2016 - Greed Monger

Dec 29, 2016 – Simple Arcade

...and now we are back to Rise of Heroes: Online MMORPG ~ it’s sort of like a merry go round, it doesn’t matter what you tell him, reality is just a pointless stuff according to his own logic, just let him keep at it, hopefully the “greed monger” backers that he insists on bringing back over and over won’t just try to sue his ass one of these days (though according to someone over MMO-Champion, that might actually happen pretty soon)

EJoe

Educated
Dec 29, 2016 – Simple Arcade

~ it’s sort of like a merry go round, it doesn’t matter what you tell him, reality is just a pointless stuff according to his own logic, just let him keep at it,

It's totally different when you work in a studio vs. alone.

Let me take that Simple Arcade game as an example -

Proctor, if he was a developer working in a studio, he would have easily finished the Simple Arcade, as, an 2D artist would do the UI parts, the 2D prizes on screen, and other 2D artwork required to finish the 2D parts of the game.

The 3d modeler person would have textured the 3d models, would have modeled the small prizes (wall of 3d prizes to be won), set the environment, lighting, do the 3D animations and finish the 3d parts of the game.

Proctor, would have have the iPads, Androids already brought for him, instead of him saving up his money (while on welfare...) to buy the tablets. He would probably have a senior developer who would guided him along.

The small game would have been finish in 4 week's time.

The game-designer person would have designed the game - for fun and play-ability.

Then, the game is unfinished because Proctor does not have UI skills, does not have art-skills or pixel-art skills to finish the game.

Nope. Proctor doesn't listen, Proctor doesn't improve himself, want things on his own terms, which is unacceptable behavior in a studio.

The basics or foundations of coding, he don't know; the last video of bugs in his YT channel, you can see red error messages on the Unity status bar, and same in the MMO videos from last year.

There is no new content from since last year. Proctor wants a server, but has to use welfare money to afford one. How he has fallen...

Proctor probably needs dedicated server support ($$$) to help him, host his greedy buggy server. And the current code-base that he has (either Atavism or Game Machine) probably wouldn't work, since he tried and tried to get the server hosted and failed...

Of course..., it works on his machine. But in a live environment it doesn't work. That should lay Greed Monger, and whatever MMO project he does, to rest.

His art-friends are all these people who have no prior experience in commercial-quality art. That should tell you what kind of environments, 3D models and illustrations he does. Basic simple below-junior artwork.

Haven't seen any of the new artwork in his current videos.

Last edited:

EJoe

Educated
From that video -

There are errors in Unity - then proctor complains of bugs in Atavism. I'm not sure if it's due to Atavism or James poor coding practices.
Notice it's licensed to jason@jasonappleton.com
AuKBM19.png

Proctor is not an game-developer. He don't know how to set the texture on mesh, thus, the pink color bottom. The starting scene looks horrible...
HCvBvef.png

He has Bittorrent, what else did he download as well?
76gKdVz.png

Do you expect Atavism to work correctly when there are bugs of the developer inside Unity?
WWYJGOM.png

There are many show-stopping errors in Proctor's code. They probably were not fixed since 3 years ago...
gzpil4h.png

The work is so bad, it's like trying to get Unity to run buggy code, causing it to crash...
e5KlNRJ.png

James is probably not a game developer who knows anything about UI...
tqyoC00.png

Myobi

Liturgist
[12/6/2012 9:39:19 PM] Jason Appleton: Soon as my laptop shows up I'm going to installUnity Pro

[12/6/2012 9:39:28 PM] Jason Appleton: my computer just isnt powerful enough to run it

[12/6/2012 9:39:47 PM] James Proctor: Buy another License or are you going to want your license back? lol

[12/6/2012 9:39:51 PM] Jason Appleton: no

[12/6/2012 9:40:02 PM] Jason Appleton: but I keep forgetting I also bought you that license lol

[12/6/2012 6:50:45 PM] Janson: you bought the rpg starter kit. so there is no network

[12/19/2012 11:44:40 PM] Jason Appleton: I bought the Big Environment Pack 2 also, downloading now

[12/28/2012 4:14:27 PM] James Proctor: Just make sure they don't have some insanely high Poly count

[12/28/2012 4:15:38 PM] James Proctor: weapons should have a poly count no higher then 1,000... Even that though is prob. pretty high.

[12/28/2012 4:52:55 PM] James Proctor: Almost have a loading screen done...

[12/28/2012 4:56:03 PM] Jason Appleton: i just bought a lot of weapons

[1/3/2012 1:15:33 PM] James Proctor: I spent $99 last night to get a 1 year subscription to http://www.gameinstitute.com - There is like over 500 hours worth of Video talks on everything from C++ programming, Game Engine Design, DirectX, AI, 3D Modeling, Character Design and Modeling, to even Game Console development. AND through it I got an awesome DX 11 Game Engine with full source code so I can continue work on it then rebrand it (Make it my own Engine) and License it out all I want!

The license is nothing new, he got everything from Appleton when he took ownership over Greed Monger… including the responsibilities that luckily for him, everyone ignored, otherwise unless I’m mistaken, he would have to still have to fulfill the Kickstarter physical rewards.

As for this project, it’s just Greed Monger with another name, which is actually already taken by Pine Entertainment as a mobile game…. What’s actually funny is that he went through the trouble of making this futuristic brilliant background:

We were lied to. We were told they had our best interest at heart. That science was good and the break throughs made would lead to a better life. Some of us however saw right through their lies. We questioned what went on behind closed doors and we gathered together a force to stand against them. If only we had made our stand sooner. Cloning, The God Particle, Genetic Modifications, it was all a lie to hide their true intentions. Their true motives. Behind closed doors they were researching things that would lead to our ultimate demise.

It’s now been 10 years since that fateful day. The United States has falling. The World Governments are toppled. Chaos looms all around us. For us Survivors this is our new life. We band together in clains with weapons at our side fearing the return of the beasts that have besieged our home. Bandits run wild raping, murdering and piliging our lands. Blood runs thick on our streets. In this time of Desperation we need heroes to rise from the ashes more then ever.

Genetic modifications! Cloning! The God Particle! THE US “HAS FALLING”! RAPE AND MURDER ON THE STREETS! And surprisingly, after only 10 years of this shit, he throws the players into this medieval fantasy world, where you can play as warrior/rogue/mage, slay dragons with swords and mine shit with pickaxes… well fuck, now I understand why simpler stuff such as a text rpg also isn’t an option.

EJoe

Educated

Myobi

Liturgist
Woah, first green light and now the disability benefits…

*puts tinfoil hat*

HOW FAR WILL YOU GUYS GO BRING THIS MAN TO RUIN!?!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom