Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Greed Monger Insider Thread (drama inside)

Myobi

Liturgist
Why is this sticky? Seems absurd.

You know what really, REALLY, seems absurd?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/appleton/greed-monger-a-crafting-focused-sandbox-mmorpg/updates

My Effort To Say Thank You and Return The Favor
112 Comments

Its been 5 years since I originally launched this project with my then associates. This was by far the most difficult thing I had ever attempted to accomplish and as most everyone knows, I've attempted many things in my life. The one thing I've always known to be true is that you are only as good and capable as those you surround yourself with.

During the period where I was blamed for the failure of this project and promised the game would be finished if only I gave everything up and walked away, I thought, ok. Lets do it. I thought at the time I was doing everyone a service thinking if I am truly whats holding this project back (even though I've lead other large projects with dev teams in the past with no problems) then its time I step aside. Seemingly, that effort too was in vein as nothing has come of it. Folks, I was duped as all of you were. I truly believed the dev support I had was going to be capable of accomplishing the goals I set forth and i believed this enough to truly put my name on the line to accomplish them. Sometimes passion is blind where logic should lead.

My failure with this game has plagued me now for years. Not because of the cyber stalkers messaging me all over, texting me, calling me or slamming my name. Not because of the negativity thrown at me at every turn since even prior to the completion of this KS campaign.The vast majority of that has died and most of you have moved on. But I haven't. I truly had a dream and invited you all along for the ride with me and I failed you.

Trying to develop what I had originally intended for under $100k should have been possible, but promises of ability caused me to expand the projects scope and ideas into something simply not feasible within such a budget. By the time I began second guessing everything, I turned off all other crowd funding options and once all of that money was used up, I did actually use my own money to continue development for another 5 or 6 months before all hell broke lose. The pressure I was putting on my "team" began getting hotter and hotter until finally, all hell broke lose and you all know the rest of the story.

Since I began this KS campaign a great deal has changed in my life. I've developed 2 different mortgage branches for different companies as a consultant and have become the VP of Sales for a national company. My wife is now a real estate broker and things have been going well. However, as well as things may go in middle class life, nobody has $125+k to just throw out, but I want to at least make a serious effort to reward those of you that took a chance on this project. For sharing in my dream and trying to do what you could to help.

Here is what I am going to do. I am not going to provide you all of the details of what I am involved with because lets face it, even though I am preparing to hand all of you an opportunity, there are some of you that just love to spread hate and try to tear me down at every turn just for the chuckle.

Without getting into detail of what I'm doing or even why you should follow through with what I'm about to ask you to do, I will say this...DO IT. Don't ask questions because I'm not going to explain right now. Just follow my instructions and wait patiently. That's all you have to do...

Step #1. https://wavesplatform.com/downloads.html - Download the WAVES Wallet

Step #2. Setup your Wallet Account - The Chrome Wallet is easy to use.

Step #3. At the top of your Wallet, you will see your Address. Copy that address.

Step #4. In a reply comment to this Update, provide your Waves Address and the Sum of your pledge to Greedmonger so that I can look you up in the backer report and verify your pledge.

For backers that were not part of this initial KS campaign, I haven't forgotten about you. You and you alone, please send me an email with the above information to jason@jasonappleton.com If you were a KS backer and you email me, it will be ignored. I HAVE to keep this organized and the instructions are simple enough.

You have until September 30th to follow these instructions at which point all deposits will be made and will be final with no exceptions.

NOTHING I've asked you to do costs you a dime. What you receive in your WAVES wallet should be held onto for a while. When you feel the time is right, you may sell it. All I ask is that if things go very well for you, that you forgive my failure with Greedmonger. I know this may sound silly, but it will honestly mean a lot. What I am giving everyone is out of my own personal share of Cryptocurrency from a project I'm involved in. Any of you already familiar with cryptocurrencies should understand what I'm doing for you and hopefully appreciate it.

I'll say no more for now other than I ask everyone not to make a big deal out of this. I dont want press, media or anything else. I want to repay those that backed me and put a big smile on their faces in a few months and finally be able to step away from this feeling accomplished with my conscious clear.

PLEASE, help me help you by not cluttering this update with questions, hate speeches or anything other than what is asked for. Even if for whatever reason you are not interested in this, please dont ruin it for the others. For those of you I've butted heads with in the past, its' over. Put it behind you and follow the instructions. Everyone that pledged to GM deserves this regardless of what came after.

I will not be answering questions, replying to comments or anything else. I will be coming here to log the Wallet addresses and thats it.

I hope you are all doing well.

Thank you.

Jason

Last edited:

Jigawatt

Arcane
What you receive in your WAVES wallet should be held onto for a while. When you feel the time is right, you may sell it. All I ask is that if things go very well for you, that you forgive my failure with Greedmonger. I know this may sound silly, but it will honestly mean a lot. What I am giving everyone is out of my own personal share of Cryptocurrency from a project I'm involved in. Any of you already familiar with cryptocurrencies should understand what I'm doing for you and hopefully appreciate it.

:lol::lol::lol:

So he doesn't have the $125k to pay out but wants to make everyone whole, and to achieve this will give them some fraction of their pledge in speculative cryptocurrency and hope it goes to the moon. Who could believe his day job is a real estate spiv? :lol:

Also, from one of the (very few sceptical) comments:

So: go to this website I've never heard of, download and install this software I've never heard of, enter some vital information, ask no questions, and tell no one.

I wish you no ill, and I've long since written off what I contributed -- the nature of Kickstarter is that some things ship and some do not. But this sounds like... well, what it sounds like.

Thanks, but I'll pass. Be well.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
It just will not die...

You cannot even kill it with fire lol.

IDK, sounds legit. I'm sure theres nothing shady here- Just dont ask questions and DO IT!!!!!

--I really thought this was over...Perhaps its just only begun.

EDIT- I'm talking to James and seeing if he knows what the fuck is going on here and he doesnt- He has nothing to do with whatever is going on here (I think Appleton is involved in a scheme to try and create a cryptocurreny but thats my opinion and not James)- He just wants this shit over with.

Hes going to post something here later but TBH what can he say other than whatevers going on hes not a part of it and I think he needs to make that clear in case this goes totally south.

Last edited:

GM_JamesPro

Savant
I'm really at a loss here. Not completely sure how I should respond to this. Dark and I had a conversation on strategies for dealing with this and we didn't really come up with any clear cut direction so here I am... I have no idea what Jason's intentions are here. But I have nothing to do with this. If it works out for the Backers then awesome they finally get at least some of what they deserve. If it doesn't work out then I want to make it perfectly clear I had no knowledge of this until I saw MarkeeDragon's Video on Youtube and saw the update on the KickStarter page.

I am fully aware that I am unable on my own giving my current resources or lack there of to create a MMO and I won't be repeating the mistakes of the past!

Myobi

Liturgist
I am fully aware that I am unable on my own giving my current resources or lack there of to create a MMO and I won't be repeating the mistakes of the past!

If only I had a dime for every time you say that…

But as far as you being clueless about any of this, I do believe….

However I do have a question about it, back in the days you confirmed that your “company” owned Greed Monger, for the best or the worst ~ why is Appleton now using something that is yours for extra shady business? Actually… do you have anything, at all, that confirms your ownership of it?

GM_JamesPro

Savant
I actually don't have much left from Greed Monger. My HD went back last December and I pretty much lost everything. I saved what I could before it finally completely went but all of my chat logs, my copy of the agreement between Jason and us, and most all of the assets and projects were all lost.

I do remember there being some clause in there that if we found we could not finish the game for whatever reason or Jason wasn't happy with our progress then the Contract would be void and GM would return to Jason for him to find someone else capable of finishing it. When NeoJac entertainment (our planned source of Funding so they could use GM as an example of what could be done with Atavism) pulled our funding and didn't come through for us we went back to Jason and told him our funding was pulled and tried to get him to take GM back per our Contract and he refused to take it back.

Based on his latest update it looks like he has decided to resume responsibility for it...

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I have no idea about any of this but that guy's post seems like he honestly is just trying to do right given what he can and his share of the responsibility of what went wrong. I know if I was in a similar situation it would eat at my conscious, knowing I owe someone something or ton of people things. I run my life by not owing. I give. I don't take. I don't accept. I am under no ones thumb because I don't owe anyone jackshit. At work, when we go to this shop for lunch once and a while, they don't take cards so I have to borrow cash. But I pay people back usually double for spotting me (by buying their lunch the next time we go to a civilized place that accepts cards).

In a situation of shared blame where it explicitly stated you are not liable for project failure or whatever KS states, doing what he is doing, especially with the crazy and out of control growth rate of cryptocurrencies, would probably make me feel right inside and relieve a ton of stress. I get kind of OCD with things, like I found out you are supposed to tip movers after I didn't tip the ones who packed us up about five years ago. No one told me. And they didn't speak English, and it cost a ton and had no idea. I went through hell and months of calls and anger and nonsense finding out everyone who worked that day, their addresses, and mailing them checks and ensuring they were cashed. That's one example. My wife probably can rattle of dozens of examples of shit like this. I just can't let it go.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
KjF6SY9.jpg

this thread

Myobi

Liturgist
I have no idea about any of this but that guy's post seems like he honestly is just trying to do right given what he can and his share of the responsibility of what went wrong. I know if I was in a similar situation it would eat at my conscious, knowing I owe someone something or ton of people things. I run my life by not owing. I give. I don't take. I don't accept. I am under no ones thumb because I don't owe anyone jackshit. At work, when we go to this shop for lunch once and a while, they don't take cards so I have to borrow cash. But I pay people back usually double for spotting me (by buying their lunch the next time we go to a civilized place that accepts cards).

Yeah, Appleton is the kind of man that oozes honesty…

His words alone inspire trust I tell you… JUST DO WHAT I TELL YOU, DON’T ASK QUESTIONS, JUST THROW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIS SHADY ASS WEBSITE, JUST DO IT, JUST FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTIONS! This after asking 30,000$ via Kickstarter to develop an MMORPG, the most complex and expensive gaming genre out there, usually costing millions of dollars and taking hundreds of people and years of development ~ what could possibly go wrong besides pretty much everything? But then again, why even worry about it when your one and only developer is willingly to take a lot of the heat and responsibility from the entire damn thing by taking over the fucking project?

This obviously has nothing to do with his own reputation and possibly further profit, he is just a good man trying to do the right thing, screw all those haters who say otherwise! ;)

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

His words alone inspire trust I tell you… JUST DO WHAT I TELL YOU, DON’T ASK QUESTIONS, JUST THROW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIS SHADY ASS WEBSITE, JUST DO IT, JUST FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTIONS! This after asking 30,000$ via Kickstarter to develop an MMORPG, the most complex and expensive gaming genre out there, usually costing millions of dollars and taking hundreds of people and years of development ~ what could possibly go wrong besides pretty much everything? But then again, why even worry about it when your one and only developer is willingly to take a lot of the heat and responsibility from the entire damn thing by taking over the fucking project?

This obviously has nothing to do with his own reputation and possibly further profit, he is just a good man trying to do the right thing, screw all those haters who say otherwise! ;)

Like I said, I clicked on this thread because it was stickied for some reason and I actually thought it was about Star Citizen and have no idea about the drama or back story. I read the last couple posts and then posted. I don't like debt and wouldn't do kickstarter myself so would never be in the same situation, but if I did I would try and make it right. My whole thing is based off of his last post. Also, what new information would be given he doesn't have access to through kickstarter, or you'd give kickstarter for at least a physical reward? How is what you are saying any different than giving him money through kickstarter? Kickstarter is saying "give me your money and trust me." He is saying "I'll see if I can give you some digital currency that should increase in value if you trust me and start an account not connected to any other account."

Also, just make up information. At least in the US, accounts worth less than 500 the IRS doesn't ever look at. I never use real information unless required to by law and there is a good chance I'll get in trouble if I don't. And not little dinky trouble; actual trouble that would be a hassle. I give made up socials and addresses to my doctor, dentist, and anyone else I have no legal obligation to provide correct information to. My insurance pays them and I pay the copay and that is all that matters, and any mail send to Acockanaballs Blvd doesn't bother me.

The only debt I have is a mortgage because it is the cheapest debt you can get and the difference in interest I earn investing that cheap debt versus the mortgage payment is staggering. I also have monthly credit card debt but I pay it off each month so it is interest free and pushes up my credit rating which is very important for my field.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane

Like I said, I clicked on this thread because it was stickied for some reason and I actually thought it was about Star Citizen and have no idea about the drama or back story. I read the last couple posts and then posted. I don't like debt and wouldn't do kickstarter myself so would never be in the same situation, but if I did I would try and make it right. My whole thing is based off of his last post. Also, what new information would be given he doesn't have access to through kickstarter, or you'd give kickstarter for at least a physical reward? How is what you are saying any different than giving him money through kickstarter? Kickstarter is saying "give me your money and trust me." He is saying "I'll see if I can give you some digital currency that should increase in value if you trust me and start an account not connected to any other account."

Also, just make up information. At least in the US, accounts worth less than 500 the IRS doesn't ever look at. I never use real information unless required to by law and there is a good chance I'll get in trouble if I don't. And not little dinky trouble; actual trouble that would be a hassle. I give made up socials and addresses to my doctor, dentist, and anyone else I have no legal obligation to provide correct information to. My insurance pays them and I pay the copay and that is all that matters, and any mail send to Acockanaballs Blvd doesn't bother me.

The only debt I have is a mortgage because it is the cheapest debt you can get and the difference in interest I earn investing that cheap debt versus the mortgage payment is staggering. I also have monthly credit card debt but I pay it off each month so it is interest free and pushes up my credit rating which is very important for my field.
You sound like a regular boy scout- Thats great, and I sincerely mean that.

Your morals are not Jason Appletons- You speak of things you do not understand.

I'm not dredging this fucking nightmare up again but theres a whole thread here that gets into most of it (although it may be a bit hard to understand at the start because pictures and video were used that no longer exist) but it should shed a bit more light on the matter...You are reading the last chapter in a novel and basing your opinion on "what YOU would do morally" without any context of the players involved- Would you go on a national television pilot to talk about how you and your wife have sex with other people and its a "lifestyle" you are proud of ? No? Then you do not have the same moral compass as jason Appleton and trying to rationalize anything with your morality is not going to work here.

Jasons a clever dude, understands business and understands how the world really works- Of course theres a PR angle in mind here, but probably much more based on his past history... IF hes trying to make things right then thats great and I commend him for being on the up and up for once in his life- But I suspect something shady is going on because theres a pattern here.

Not everyone does the right thing just because you would.

edit- If this is on the up and up Drog Blacktooth will surely suck his own dick on camera.

And why the hell cant I tag people anymore lol?

Last edited:

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
http://zempa.io/zempa-announces-cryptocurrency-universal-wallet-pool-platform/

Mystery solved... He is trying to make a cryptocurrencey and is going to be "raising funds"- Interesting he suddenly "feels so bad" over GM a month before he sets out to do fund raising on the next scheme with his name attached. Great way to silence the last batch of victims because they are now 'set to profit' as well if they keep their mouth shut - Perhaps the crumbs he tosses them (paid for with new fundraising) will eventually be worth...Something. So rather than his latest "fundraising" being filled with the victims of his last "fundraising" giving warning all over- most will sit back quietly and hope. Pretty clever. I expected nothing less.

Independence, KY: Today, a new blockchain development project called Zempa, announced the scheduled launch of their Pre-ICO fundraising campaign to begin October 31st, 2017 on the WAVES Dex.

In today’s Crypto craze, there is an abundance of opportunity for investors and enthusiasts alike, most with the allure and promise of magnified returns on investment. This cryptocurrency uptrend also brings with it a greater separation between currencies and their ease of acquisition and use in transactions.

About The Zempa Team

Ihor Pidruchny – Blockchain Dev/Lead LinkedIn
Andrew Zubko – Senior Blockchain Dev/Tech Lead LinkedIn
Jason Appleton – Marketing/Business Development LinkedIn
Mykola Kovach – UI/UX Designer LinkedIn
Lludmyla Svystun – Marketing/Communications LinkedIn

Last edited:

Zdzisiu

Arcane

Mystery solved... He is trying to make a cryptocurrencey and is going to be "raising funds"- Interesting he suddenly "feels so bad" over GM a month before he sets out to do fund raising on the next scheme with his name attached. Great way to silence the last batch of victims because they are now 'set to profit' as well if they keep their mouth shut - Perhaps the crumbs he tosses them (paid for with new fundraising) will eventually be worth...Something. So rather than his latest "fundraising" being filled with the victims of his last "fundraising" giving warning all over- most will sit back quietly and hope. Pretty clever. I expected nothing less.

Independence, KY: Today, a new blockchain development project called Zempa, announced the scheduled launch of their Pre-ICO fundraising campaign to begin October 31st, 2017 on the WAVES Dex.

In today’s Crypto craze, there is an abundance of opportunity for investors and enthusiasts alike, most with the allure and promise of magnified returns on investment. This cryptocurrency uptrend also brings with it a greater separation between currencies and their ease of acquisition and use in transactions.

About The Zempa Team

So, a bunch of slavs and our boy Jason are trying some cryptocurrency shenanigans? I know my slav brothers and I know there will be drama abound.

Jigawatt

Arcane

About The Zempa Team

I tried to read the absolute least charitable explanation for his KS actions and still he managed to surprise me with his scumminess. Amazing

Myobi

Liturgist
Woah, I never expected this kind of shit from Appleton! He seemed such an honest man just trying to do what is right for the people! What a mother fucking surprise…

Myobi

Liturgist
Dear lord, got to love how he just sticks the price of stupidity over those nicknames one after another… 3,000 fucking dollars to back up someone scammish little asshole who never accomplished jackshit in game development.

My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'm so glad I finally read this thread. Also, crypto currencies are the new honey for drawing in conmen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom