Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Greed Monger Insider Thread (drama inside)

Andnjord

Arcane
Massive :salute: to DarKPenguiN for making sense of this affair!
[12/5/2012 11:06:08 PM] Jason Appleton: No it wont. I've done my research man
[12/5/2012 11:06:27 PM] Jason Appleton: Early on I didnt know for sure. But I've been reading on gamasutra and other resources

This sounds like someone said "Sure I can do a heart transplant, I've watched Dr House and Emergency Room, I can do it!"

GM_JamesPro

Savant
That is a copy and paste from our Skype Log... I KNEW I had told Jason that but he denies it... I thought I had lost that when I switched Computers though... Awesome.

GM_JamesPro

Savant
More vailed threats from Jason to me through Facebook PM:

I have to get ready for tonight. You can only screw me so far James. I'm not going to threaten you. What happens happens bud.

If I were you, I'd consult with an attorney instead of leaving everything up to forum idiots

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
More vailed threats from Jason to me through Facebook PM:

I have to get ready for tonight. You can only screw me so far James. I'm not going to threaten you. What happens happens bud.

If I were you, I'd consult with an attorney instead of leaving everything up to forum idiots
If I were you Jason I would think about the PR shitstorm that could break out if you attempt to sue an indigent and disabled person who will get free legal aid as it is... Not going to be a good thing. Right now only the internet knows you're a douche. The whole motherfucking US will know.

If I were you you,Jason. I would take my lumps and leave this shit alone before it gets worse. Go deal with the backers who handed you 6 figures. We will all be watching progress with bated breath and making sure nobody has forgotten greed Monger until its released or you close it down.

-But you have no sense as has been clearly shown by your behavior all over the internet. So I imagine lots of lulz to come...

Last edited:

DarKPenguiN

Arcane

Andnjord

Arcane
Can we have the codex resident lawyer Azrael the cat chime in for moral support? I'm 100% sure that with no contract having been signed there should be nothing he can legally do, but I'm no lawyer nor american.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
More words of wisdom...Pay VERY close attention to what Appleton says here.Explains alot.

[12/7/2012 12:53:26 AM] Jason Appleton: Some times, you have to fake it till you make it.
[12/7/2012 12:53:30 AM] Jason Appleton: :)
[12/7/2012 12:53:31 AM] James Proctor: lol
[12/7/2012 12:53:35 AM] Jason Appleton: I'm serious
[12/7/2012 12:53:59 AM] Jason Appleton: Just make sure when you fake it, there aren't holes in your faking. lol

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
I have a strange suspicion that I should avoid the Cincinnati night club scene and swinger parties for at least the next few years.

EDIT- Reading through the chat log makes me wonder if this really was a scam or just total fucking incompetence. I'm not 1/4 way through and I am actually thinking Jason was seriously thinking he would accomplish this. Jasons a douche and all but honestly Im not sure what to even think right now. I am kind of in the middle- I am sure there were misappropriations but from the log it really looks like he is attempting to do this and thinks he can (*in very little time, with few people and AAA quality) -

Looks like this entire greed monger situation could have been avoided altogether if Jason had not been browsing gamasutra... Damn you gamasutra.

So- Even though everyone was telling him it was going to crash, too little money, too small team and he raged out in epic ways- he really may have thought that the entire internet was wrong and he was correct since he read it gamasutra or something...

Its bizarre.I dont even fucking know anymore...

Last edited:

GM_JamesPro

Savant
Just a little note... Jason has said on GM's website that he's holding off posting our Chat Logs... I am going to hold off posting any more of our Chat Logs until I see what his next move is going to be. If he does post the chat logs I will post them here as well with the ONLY things being removed are the usernames and passwords for our different Licenses and Servers and stuff.

Or instead of posting them here directly I may just hand them over as is to Dark and let him pick through them. I think it's safe to say that if he found that I was in fact THE or a guilty party in all of this he would call me out for it just as much as he would Jason. But I feel it would be safer to have him be the only one with access in case I miss a password or username.

personally I think if it stays what your showing let the guns fly at this moment. you cant get in more trouble for showing more and if your goal was to do so much damage he cant recover you have done it. Not saying there would eve of been a game justsaying this is nails in coffin. Best part is in chat room people were telling me there sending the chat logs to AE to see if they like to do a follow up about there swinger character from the show.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Just a little note... Jason has said on GM's website that he's holding off posting our Chat Logs... I am going to hold off posting any more of our Chat Logs until I see what his next move is going to be. If he does post the chat logs I will post them here as well with the ONLY things being removed are the usernames and passwords for our different Licenses and Servers and stuff.

Or instead of posting them here directly I may just hand them over as is to Dark and let him pick through them. I think it's safe to say that if he found that I was in fact THE or a guilty party in all of this he would call me out for it just as much as he would Jason. But I feel it would be safer to have him be the only one with access in case I miss a password or username.

I will if you want me to but I too would wait and see what happens. Jason needs to decide how far hes going to take this. This is horrible PR on him and greed monger , regardless- But the negativity is still confined to gamers on the internet for the most part.

You got a clean break (maybe) ,I got to see Appleton have to face his backers finally and am going to keep him honest and make sure GM isnt forgotten about until it releases or is closed, the internets had lots of lulz and somewhere an angel has gotten its wings.

You have a good reputation in the community James, people like you- If you can break clean and go onto your own projects I think you'll do well.You are tenacious as hell and you wont give up on anything and that bodes well for you if you are with good people. For your interest I would avoid being caught up in the muddy drama if you can.

If Appleton posts, post. At this point let him really think long and hard about how far this all needs to go. Ive got a good 4 more more days off and I'm sure we will know what Jason Appleton has decided to do. If he threatens you anymore it means he wants this escalated.

This thread can be mostly forgotten in a year or two- OR Jason Appleton could be a household name linked with douchbaggery.

The thing is I honestly think he does not know when and how to proceed with caution and I think this may be a very long ride.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Its about fucking time you got here Cleve... =P

Hey I hear greed Monger might be hiring.

[12/17/2012 2:08:25 PM] Jason Appleton: What companies have you built from the ground up into a 6 figure a year company?
[12/17/2012 2:08:50 PM] Jason Appleton: Why do you think it's up to you to dictate what my expectations should be for modeling?
[12/17/2012 2:09:12 PM] Jason Appleton: How do I have 2 high level developers working free just to be a part of the project?
[12/17/2012 2:09:23 PM] Jason Appleton: and 30 more trying to join the team?
[12/17/2012 2:09:40 PM] Jason Appleton: My expecations are high for a reason
[12/17/2012 2:09:57 PM] Jason Appleton: if you sit around downplaying the end goal for something, that's all you'll ever get
[12/17/2012 2:10:12 PM] Jason Appleton: if you dont strive for the best, you'll never achieve it.

Last edited:

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
[1/12/2013 6:29:50 PM] James Proctor: lol guess who's back on MMORPG.com?
[1/12/2013 6:52:23 PM] James Proctor: So yeah Harper is back stiring up trouble...
[1/12/2013 8:11:21 PM] Jason Appleton: ?
[1/12/2013 8:11:41 PM] Jason Appleton: oh
[1/12/2013 8:12:06 PM] James Proctor: It's all been diffused... I don't think we will have any more issues with Harper
[1/12/2013 8:27:12 PM] Jason Appleton: I had to make my last post.
[1/12/2013 8:27:24 PM] Jason Appleton: the guy is dillusional, jealous as hell and a spazz
[1/12/2013 8:28:57 PM] James Proctor: lol I know your the Lead and the PR guy but Did you REALLY have to? I had things taking care of with no hard feelings between our team and him...
[1/12/2013 8:29:27 PM] Jason Appleton: Well, hes not calling YOU a liar, a scammer etc. So, yeah
[1/12/2013 8:30:39 PM] James Proctor: I know but carrying on is just making our team look immature...
[1/12/2013 8:31:21 PM] Jason Appleton: hah, ok James. I'm a 35 year old professional not some punk kid on Adherol.
[1/12/2013 8:31:40 PM] Jason Appleton: You can buy into the forum hype and games if youd like
[1/12/2013 8:31:58 PM] Jason Appleton: I'm not running for political office.
[1/12/2013 8:32:17 PM] Jason Appleton: you pointed the thread out to me
[1/12/2013 8:33:05 PM] James Proctor: lol Yeah before I had things under control... But anyways it's over and done with what's been said has been said not let's just move on! lol
[1/12/2013 8:33:24 PM] Jason Appleton: Id like to see how you respond to have a hand ful or loony toons constantly posting hate threads about you, saying youre a scam artist etc etc. I highly doubt it would be as easy for you to sit on your horse bro.
[1/12/2013 8:34:17 PM] Jason Appleton: It's been a month and a half and so far, we haven't accomplished anything but learning that we need to use a different engine.

Last edited:

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Jesus Christ, I need to stop for awhile. this is depressing tbh... The entire fucking thing. I CLEARLY remember what all went down with the above... seems you (JamesP) were the voice of reason and Appleton just started really fucking everything up shortly thereafter. I am dying to see him talk about getting kicked out of mmorp.com after threatening everyone. I hope thats in the logs for my own perverse pleasure.

No- I'll be honest. I can already see.I was wrong. This wasnt a scam this was total incompetence, negligence and other words I cant think of right now that which mean "bad". These logs....
And you warned Jason on 1/12/13 about being an asshole and he ignored you and trashed the companies rep about a week later. That was the biggest PR mistake as well- Pissing off the entire mmorpg.com community- And to see him like "I handled harper" *puffs chest* "I dont think we will be having any more issues with THAT guy".

No jason. THAT guy bowed out when you threatened him and his employer. A whole new crop of guys were born that day- Arrogant fucker. That was the biggest PR move you have ever made and was the start of the mess that followed over the next month .

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Jesus Christ, I need to stop for awhile. this is depressing tbh... The entire fucking thing. I CLEARLY remember what all went down with the above... seems you (JamesP) were the voice of reason and Appleton just started really fucking everything up shortly thereafter. I am dying to see him talk about getting kicked out of mmorp.com after threatening everyone. I hope thats in the logs for my own perverse pleasure.

No- I'll be honest. I can already see.I was wrong. This wasnt a scam this was total incompetence, negligence and other words I cant think of right now that which mean "bad". These logs....
And you warned Jason on 1/12/13 about being an asshole and he ignored you and trashed the companies rep about a week later. That was the biggest PR mistake as well- Pissing off the entire mmorpg.com community- And to see him like "I handled harper" *puffs chest* "I dont think we will be having any more issues with THAT guy".

No jason. THAT guy bowed out when you threatened him and his employer. A whole new crop of guys were born that day- Arrogant fucker. That was the biggest PR move you have ever made and was the start of the mess that followed over the next month .

EDIT- I am speaking of this, for those unaware with the referenced event.

"You have done nothing but attack me personally since the start of this thread. Accusing me of being a scam artist, bashing me publicly and you haven't stopped.

I know everything about you. I'm done fucking with you.

Either stop with your shit, or I promise you, you wont have anymore secrets.

I am not a scam artist of any kind and I don't give a shit if you like me or my game, but I've had enough of your bullshit.

You are making this a personal matter. I suggest you take a different turn. I have friends at [censored: my former Employer] as well, so don't think for a second I can't make sure you don't feel the sting of the drama you've started for absolutely no reason.

I truly hope you take my advice because you really have no idea what kind of hornets nest youre kicking around.

If you dont like the game, youre welcome to say so. I've had enough of your attacks on me.

Take this private message however you'd like." - Mr. Appleton

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
[6:50:06 PM] Jason Appleton: is that the stuff I just bought?
[6:50:11 PM] Janson: no lol
[6:50:14 PM] Jason Appleton: im confused

[12/18/2012 7:39:00 PM] Jason Appleton: I'm sure there are things within the game right now you could be working on. We have until April for an Alpha.

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
can someone post a tl;dr version
3898690-9003209238-200.g.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom