Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Not to mention it made me emotionally engaged and had better story line and setting than both PoE and DDoS. And Yes playing summoner (Arcanist) is fun to do after going Melee + pistol Commando... Speaking of story Komrades anyway to procure the food for Devil Crossing in Third Act?

Sykar

Arcane
My main problem with the game at the moment is that we have only 150 skill points. Considering that you want more or less both tress full to get a good chunk of HP,spirit and attribute points that leaves a measely 50 points for skills. I sincerly hope they at least double that amount of points.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
They're pushing for content-complete this year?

Hmmmm.

Hmmmmmmm.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Finally got home and rolled up a new character to try out the Shaman. Man these new skills! I have no idea what to try first. All the possibilities just seem so good and fun. Maybe I'll just go for a 2H barbarian and dual spec to Soldier. Go for them crazy 2h crits. It's been a long time since I last played with a melee character in this game.

Edit: LOL melee chain lightning. I fucking love it.

Deleted member 7219

I have this on Steam for what seems like years... is it done yet? Is it any good?

I am in the same position as you. Sitting here waiting for the game to be officially finished. Hoping to get some advice from Codex bros on the best ranged build - melee combat in Titan Quest was just really dull.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am in the same position as you. Sitting here waiting for the game to be officially finished. Hoping to get some advice from Codex bros on the best ranged build - melee combat in Titan Quest was just really dull.
This is not TQ, melee is super fun here. Just don't fall into a trap and use Cadence :D

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Shaman feels really powerful so far. Great AoE and sustain. Facetanking the whole warden fight was no problem with all the life coming in from Feral Hunger and Wendigo Totem.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
They're pushing for content-complete this year?
They are definitely in the home stretch and after two years of beta I wouldn't expect a long delay due to usual factors like broken systems or showstopper bugs. They can always make an expansion to add more classes and content but right now it's really time to focus on releasing the game.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Speaking of story Komrades anyway to procure the food for Devil Crossing in Third Act?
You have to get to Honored rep with Homestead, then they'll give you food.

There's a few that work well. My favorite was a pistol+shield Commando with a couple stun AoEs.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
The new Shaman is insanely strong. Just go for the meanest two handed weapon you can find, get the Savagery skill, and you will easily have over 1k dps on level 25 with 6 charges. Take some of the top skill and the next one that gives aoe attack+life leech and it will sustain you till the end game. In fact I just killed the last boss, being a level 29 against a level 39 boss, haven't died even once and for the last half of the game I was fighting enemies 5-7 levels higher than my character. Now I need to finish all of the sidequests, grind a bit to level 50 and be an insane killing machine. Shaman on itself its very powerful, and when you decide to get some of the nice soldier passives, you will be a walking mountain of unstoppable destruction.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Yeah the Shaman is just an insane power house. It is pretty much impossible to die with the Wendigo Totem. It just heals you for so much. The Storm Totem is also very nice and you can drop both totems at the same time for very good support.

But most importantly it's just plain fun. I looked so much forward to the Arcanist and when it came out it just sucked horribly. Dunno if it has been buffed by now but the skills just weren't as satisfying as the Shaman skills and spells are.

Stompa

Arcane
Arcanist also has the most boring skillset out of all masteries. I mean, fuck, two nova spells, two versions of a meteor spell, two shield spells and a mediocre attack buff? It has some unique shit, sure, but the vast majority of its skills are banalshitboring.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I was pretty disappointed how flat the Arcanist fell after all the hype. They hyped it for a whole year ffs and still weren't able to make something as basic as a generic Wizard class. I hope they go back to the drawing board with that Mastery.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
This thread has some of the most inane posting I've seen in a while, not surprising for a game that managed to turn a great setting into something completely inane itself.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I was pretty disappointed how flat the Arcanist fell after all the hype. They hyped it for a whole year ffs and still weren't able to make something as basic as a generic Wizard class. I hope they go back to the drawing board with that Mastery.
I doubt it since their Alpha testers like it .

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Developers need to stop listening to this forum dwelling fanbase asap. Who would trust someone stupid enough to alpha test for free.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
The Arcanist, for all intents and purposes, is now at the level it should have been at release.

A Skyshard + Missiles Arcanist is exactly what a wizard should be: a glass-cannon with murderous power. It's got great CC with the Flashfreeze and a really nice panic button in the Mirror. I was kind of stupid with mine, and should have gone with Soldier as the second mastery for extra health/resistance, or Occultist for SoF but whatever. He's an absolute murder machine. You haven't lived until you've had Skyshard at 22/16, or whatever the max is. See monster at the edge of the screen? Skyshard -> monster dead. Get swarmed? Mirror -> Skyshard -> monsters dead.

The Shaman feels nice to play, and is quite powerful, but not in any overwhelming way compared to the Arcanist. An Occultist/Demolitionist blend is also quite nasty. Dual-wield pistols, Fire Strike, Solael's and lots of +Attack Speed gear = absolute carnage. Combine with SoF for energy drain and lower resist and it just melts everything.

Renevent

Cipher
My main problem with the game at the moment is that we have only 150 skill points. Considering that you want more or less both tress full to get a good chunk of HP,spirit and attribute points that leaves a measely 50 points for skills. I sincerly hope they at least double that amount of points.

It's just the alpha/beta...we are currently level capped to 50. Release will have 200 levels (or something like that) and will also have new difficulty levels similar to Diablo/TQ.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom