Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Release will have 75 if we go by the itemization (legendary items start dropping around lvl 50, IIRC), which extends to lvl 75.

And that's probably with a Normal/Veteran -> Harder -> Hardest difficulty lap.

In truth, all that's left before release is the (short-ish) Act 4 and the Devotion system, which will increase character customization, slightly. The Masteries aren't really built for ~600 skill points to invest. You'd max a build with half that, and then be investing in skills you have no interest in using.

EDIT: Legendary items might actually start dropping around 70-75... Not 100% sure. Epics go up to lvl 75.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Release will have 75 if we go by the itemization (legendary items start dropping around lvl 50, IIRC), which extends to lvl 75.

In truth, all that's left before release is the (short-ish) Act 4 and the Devotion system, which will increase character customization, slightly. The Masteries aren't really built for ~600 skill points to invest. You'd max a build with half that, and then be investing in skills you have no interest in using.

EDIT: Legendary items might actually start dropping around 70-75... Not 100% sure. Epics go up to lvl 75.
Yes, they said release will have 75 as max level but later expansions will raise that up to 200.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Yes, they said release will have 75 as max level but later expansions will raise that up to 200.
I dont know how attainable will level 200 be, and what will come with the expansions but as Lone Wolf said, 600 points will be way too much for two masteries. Its basically 600 - 100 points to max those two masteries and that leaves you with 500 points for skills, and Im not even sure if those two masteries have that many skills to spend points on.

So I believe there will either be a third mastery to choose from later on, or maybe an extension of the 50 points bar to 100, or some other way to sink skillpoints into.

Sykar

Arcane

I really hope then that we get some skill points from quests. 70 would equal to 207 skill points. 107 is really not a lot considering that most skills need between 25-50 skill points to fully develop...
I do not understand why they went so overboard with the masteries. Original TQ only needed 32 per tree. Now we need a whooping 36 more to get to the same level.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
I think they mentioned that after certain levels you will not gain as much skill points.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Count on about 220 skill points, all up.

If you max both Masteries, that's 120 to fill out your skill bar. I reckon that's plenty. There's a ton of +Skill items (have a look on Graceful Dusk, tons), and you should be required to make compromises to go all-in on a particular skill. If you think about it, you'll probably use no more than five or six skills, period. LMB, RMB, 1-4. My characters usually only use the two mouse buttons and 1-2, with an occasional fill-in at 3.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I think they mentioned that after certain levels you will not gain as much skill points.
This and the upcoming Devotion system is supposed to be something to help single class characters so I expect that to also need skill points to put into. Maybe you will be able to use that along two classes.

Renevent

Cipher
Devotion works differently I think...something about finding shrines scattered around the world and clearing them/needing crafting materials which then gives you a devotion skill point...or something like that.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I would like to report 7.2k dps on level 40 Shaman with no components in any piece of gear. This thing one shots any mobs on veteran and makes short work of champions and bosses. And I still have 10 levels to go, so 30 more points to distribute. My gear isnt optimal, but I have some +1 all shaman stuff. My whole gameplay consists of holding right mouse button because I have savagery there and no other active skill.

Will report on level 50 with components in gear.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Even less skill points? What is this going to be, ultimately 2 button specs like TQ Conqueror, the most boring type of gameplay imaginable?

+gear, +components. And I think they mentioned that the diminishing returns on level ups will only start beyond lvl 100.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Ok, I achieved level 50, max for the current content with my Shaman.

The unbuffed dps is at 5k, with buffs and 8 charges on savagery it gets to 11k. With 5% life leech, and around 100 life regen per second it sustains itself pretty well. I was running the Chthitonic Rift for the last 10 levels and nothing gave me any troubles, save for 3 Heroes with adds at the same time.
I also have 7.5k life and resistances that are actually over 0% this time.

This thing have ridiculous potential when the cap will be increased to 75 as I took just a couple of soldier levels, and maxed one passive there. I dont want to think what this thing will do with max soldier plus the buffs there and passives, and the ultimate skill that buffs your damage like crazy.

Turok

Erudite
I play with a soldier with no skills :D

Just use the game for smash the mouse and get lost in my thoughts.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Did they mention a cap for skill points?

I don't remember them talking about skill points, but I think they mentioned that the softcap, at least for the main campaign is lvl 100, but that it's possible to go higher than that. I'm sure you'll be able to mod in as many or less skill points as you want, stat points included. Keep in mind that there are quests that grant extra points as well.

Sykar

Arcane
I don't remember them talking about skill points, but I think they mentioned that the softcap, at least for the main campaign is lvl 100, but that it's possible to go higher than that. I'm sure you'll be able to mod in as many or less skill points as you want, stat points included. Keep in mind that there are quests that grant extra points as well.

That's good to hear. The last thing I want is a tree mostly empty because most points go into passives which is boring as hell.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok, I achieved level 50, max for the current content with my Shaman.

The unbuffed dps is at 5k, with buffs and 8 charges on savagery it gets to 11k. With 5% life leech, and around 100 life regen per second it sustains itself pretty well. I was running the Chthitonic Rift for the last 10 levels and nothing gave me any troubles, save for 3 Heroes with adds at the same time.
I also have 7.5k life and resistances that are actually over 0% this time.

This thing have ridiculous potential when the cap will be increased to 75 as I took just a couple of soldier levels, and maxed one passive there. I dont want to think what this thing will do with max soldier plus the buffs there and passives, and the ultimate skill that buffs your damage like crazy.
Can you share you build with us? Is it with 2H weapon?
What did you use your level up stat points for?
How do you do AoE damage when Savagery is single target only?

roll-a-die

Magister
Savagery can be used with Feral Hunger, it procs just the same as if you used a normal auto attack.

My build right now is basically, Savagery, Nearly Maxed, Windigo Totem Nearly Maxed. Menhir's Will to the level where it restores 50% of my health as I hit 30%. Brute Force Maxed, and Feral Hunger Maxed. Probably gonna go change brute force to only being 1 skill in it and distribute the 11 into other things.

I'm level 28 and have around 1.3k dps, and that's with a level 12ish green weapon I really need to replace, but does a ridiculous amount of damage so I haven't.

EDIT: Anyone know a good place to farm some ectoplasm, I've got one almost complete, and I want to build a mavens lens for an arcanist I'm gonna play with one of my bros.

Last edited:

Renevent

Cipher
Savagery can be used with Feral Hunger, it procs just the same as if you used a normal auto attack.

My build right now is basically, Savagery, Nearly Maxed, Windigo Totem Nearly Maxed. Menhir's Will to the level where it restores 50% of my health as I hit 30%. Brute Force Maxed, and Feral Hunger Maxed. Probably gonna go change brute force to only being 1 skill in it and distribute the 11 into other things.

I'm level 28 and have around 1.3k dps, and that's with a level 12ish green weapon I really need to replace, but does a ridiculous amount of damage so I haven't.

EDIT: Anyone know a good place to farm some ectoplasm, I've got one almost complete, and I want to build a mavens lens for an arcanist I'm gonna play with one of my bros.

Check out the following link for which monsters can drop what component, and where they are typically found:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...i3yY3vcpVlOu2tGwkbZrw3Rp8/edit#gid=1411049580

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Can you share you build with us? Is it with 2H weapon?
What did you use your level up stat points for?
How do you do AoE damage when Savagery is single target only?
Sure, here is what I use and how.

It is a 2H build. The weapon I use now is the level 40 epic, Alvarick's Rebuke http://grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Alvarick's_Rebuke
It is not the perfect weapon damage wise, as I saw some rares in shop with more dps but I like the stats on it, and the +1 all Shaman.
I used my points to max Brutal force, a passive that gives damage with 2h, and like 4 points in feral hunger that gives me 5 target 180 degree AOE, 25% chance on every hit, it also gives you like 30% of your damage as health back, and when you hit 4-5 mobs for 6k each, you get your life back to full instantly.

I got everything related to Savagery, as it gets more charges with more points, up to 8 at max investement. The other skills related to it give more Offense/Defense which is good for your To-Hit chance and Crit chance, I have 90-100% to hit chance on everything. The last one in this line, Storm Surge, gives both more phys damage, and attack speed which is very nice since you hit slow but hard with that weapon, and also a 20% chance to of shitload of electrocute damage. And the best thing about this skill line? The charges you get on Savagery seems to improve the related two skills too, so at 8 charges you get +115% to their efectiveness, which is a lot.

I also maxed Stormcaller's Pact for the added ligtning damage, more crit damage, 33% chance of +370% lightning damage, and the 25% phys to lightning conversion.

At the bottom, I put like 3 points in the aura, and two in the two related skills, mostly to get more benefits from the +1 all shaman skills. The aura is pretty nice, it gives health regen, energy regen (I have never used a single energy pot,), and the two additions to it give some resistances and +% health which is nice.

I also maxed the Shaman 50 points bar, for attributes and hp, and to get Stormcaller's pact.

From soldier:
I put 5 points into the bar, and maxed military conditioning for health, phys damage and flat physical damage, also put 1 point in Menhir's will, to get the nice instaheal at 30% hp and 1 point in fighting spirit to get it to activate 15% chance of being hit, it gives crit dmg, phys dmg, and +% offensive ability which is very nice because it boosts your crit rate. This skill has a long duration when it activates and thanks to it, I have it on in every fight basically.

For the AOE I also have the Lightning nova from Alvaric's Rebuke, 10% chance on every mine attack, and it hits for up to 600 dmg. And I have one Lodestone in my amulet that gives a lightning discharge on being hit, 20% chance, 200-450dmg.

As for the rest of the items, its mostly the epics I had in the stash, and I tried to get those with added lightning damage, and physical, the amulet that gives another +1 all Shaman Skills is also nice.

I also put this component, fang? That gives life leech in my weapon, so I leech 5% dmg on every attack.

The chest armor is the fanatic overcoat, nice stats, nice activated ability that boosts dps but activates rarely. I also have the Wildcaller cowl headgear because they look badass and have ok stats and can activate a regen skill when hit.

As for the gameplay, I will activate my Stormcaller's pact, and the aura, and run around smacking retards with Savagery that procs the AOE of Feral hunger and the nova and the lightning discharge, clears mobs pretty nicely, and you dont have to worry about the adds that Bosses spawn becaus they die to it without you getting distracted from whacking the bosses.

I will test the upheaveal skill. It says that it works with basic melee attacks when they crit, I wonder if that means Savagery or not. If yes, I will put some point into it, as I crit on a regular basis so it may give another AOE to my setup.

Edit: Upheaval seems to work with Savagery as an attack, so I will put some point into it just for another close range AOE and to get the benefit of the two +1 all shaman skills.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom