Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

Renevent

Cipher
You don't need legendaries for elite, I didn't even find my first one (that I could use) until halfway through act 2 ultimate. In fact, even now with me being 3/4 cleared through the entirety of ultimate I have a single legendary. I also have 2 yellow rings and a green belt. Same for my buddy who plays melee, he doesn't have any yellows but he has a single legendary, epics, and a couple of greens.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
"The drop rate for Legendaries will also be significantly reduced on Normal/Veteran. It will be unchanged on Elite."

:mob:

To be honest I think the drop rate for Legendaries on Normal/Veteran is incredibly high right now, much higher than what is actually intended. I can't prove it, but it's a gut feeling I get from flip flopping between Normal, Elite and Ultimate as I consistently get Legendaries on Normal but not on Elite or Ultimate. They are probably just bringing it down to what is actually intended. I think Crate made the Legendary drop rates on Normal intentionally high so that many people would get them and be able to play test the game with them.

Renevent

Cipher
When you say legendaries are you talking about blue items? Legendaries are purple and don't drop until level 50, which most people will be level 40-45 when they beat normal and transition into elite.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
When you say legendaries are you talking about blue items? Legendaries are purple and don't drop until level 50, which most people will be level 40-45 when they beat normal and transition into elite.

No, I'm talking about Legendaries, the purple items. Chthonians found in rift gates scale up quite high on normal. Running the rift outside of Fort Ikon is where I've had most of my legendaries drop.

Renevent

Cipher
I believe they scale to 60, which would only give you access to a small subset of legendaries. I don't think going through normal to gear up for late epic/ultimate is a good use of time. Wonder if that's why some people are have so much problem getting through these difficulties. I also wonder if the perception of increased drop rate is really just clearing areas/bosses faster.

To be fair I haven't tried farming normal since I made it to elite, maybe I'll give it a whirl later.

Sykar

Arcane
There are some such items like that in Grim Dawn that change everything, although this is getting dangerously close to Diablo 3. Some guy invented a build where he could stunlock enemies forever with Olexra's Flash Freeze and Trozan's Sky Shard as he found an item that resets cooldowns when you crit. As for the level cap, I dunno. I thought the maximum was going to be 100. Regardless, mods will be able to take the level cap to the thousands if you wish it.

Thing is even with 85 you still cannot fill up like in TQ:IT albeit now you can maximize a few skills at least. Still, having to waste 36 more points on masteries alone hurt immensly plus you get fewer points later on. At least there is a cap how high you can push your abilities via +skills though it is capped much higher now at 10 instead of 4.

To get an idea just how crass the difference is, TQ:IT offered 243 skill points at max level with all skill point giving quests done and max level there was 75.
Now at 85 we get 220 skill points while wasting 36 more into masteries. This is a staggering 59 skill point difference translating easily into 3 less skills, mods or passives empty or at 1 point. Also a lot of utility skills had only 8 or 12 ranks, while many here have at least 12 if not outright 16 or need another mod to be effective so the difference is even bigger.

Last edited:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Blueprint: Savage dropped.:yeah:

Then I looked at the mats required. :fuuyeah:

Fuck these blacksmith guys.

Stompa

Arcane
Just hope you will never know the horror of having a blueprint of a relic you want that's crafted out of three other relics, out of which you have only 2 craftable.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I'm pretty sure everyone will know that horror one time or another. It's retarded as fuck.

Thing is even with 85 you still cannot fill up like in TQ:IT albeit now you can maximize a few skills at least. Still, having to waste 36 more points on masteries alone hurt immensly plus you get fewer points later on. At least there is a cap how high you can push your abilities via +skills though it is capped much higher now at 10 instead of 4.

To get an idea just how crass the difference is, TQ:IT offered 243 skill points at max level with all skill point giving quests done and max level there was 75.
Now at 85 we get 220 skill points while wasting 36 more into masteries. This is a staggering 59 skill point difference translating easily into 3 less skills, mods or passives empty or at 1 point. Also a lot of utility skills had only 8 or 12 ranks, while many here have at least 12 if not outright 16 or need another mod to be effective so the difference is even bigger.

That's a pretty drastic change. I wonder what the reasoning for making it so in Grim Dawn was. I think some day I'll have to tough it up and try to get into Titan's Quest again.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
^^ Could try it with the Soulvizier mod, that was fun.

Just hope you will never know the horror of having a blueprint of a relic you want that's crafted out of three other relics, out of which you have only 2 craftable.

Savage is made out of three other relics, plus manticore eyes which won't even drop anymore if you are higher lvl than the manticores, so that's fun. Plus a dread skull which apparently don't like to drop much either, so for those I might just need to camp the Rover strange wares guy.

Last edited:

MrJohnson

Educated
Buddy of mine crafted a "Nemesis" for his Blademaster. Man, them severed claws.... and the manticore eyes....

Renevent

Cipher
Manticore eyes you can farm pretty easily in the jagged wastes area and especially from Magora (same area). I get 1 every 3 runs or so. BTW, no rare/unique components drop from any enemy sufficiently below your level that you do not get XP. Don't farm low levels, bite the bullet and move on the the next difficulties.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Manticore Eyes should be transmutable the same way Hearts, Brains and Blood are. Also, I don't understand why these crafting ingredients can't be put into the shared stash but you can drop them on the ground in a MP game and come pick them up with another char.

Savage is made out of three other relics, plus manticore eyes which won't even drop anymore if you are higher lvl than the manticores, so that's fun. Plus a dread skull which apparently don't like to drop much either, so for those I might just need to camp the Rover strange wares guy.

I've seen a lot more Dread Skulls drop in the recent build. They're still pretty rare, but not as bad as they used to be.
And what does the TQ mod do?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
BTW, no rare/unique components drop from any enemy sufficiently below your level that you do not get XP. Don't farm low levels, bite the bullet and move on the the next difficulties.

That's the thing, blue enemies still give xp but don't drop the rare ingredients anymore - which in the manticores' case is especially bullshit since they appear only in one place in the entire game and you quickly outlevel them, only a few levels is enough. Crate fucked up and they admitted as much, it's going to be changed again in the upcoming patch.

Renevent

Cipher
BTW, no rare/unique components drop from any enemy sufficiently below your level that you do not get XP. Don't farm low levels, bite the bullet and move on the the next difficulties.

That's the thing, blue enemies still give xp but don't drop the rare ingredients anymore - which in the manticores' case is especially bullshit since they appear only in one place in the entire game and you quickly outlevel them, only a few levels is enough. Crate fucked up and they admitted as much, it's going to be changed again in the upcoming patch.

They appear in more than one place, and you can't out-level them if you proceed to the next difficulties. I mean, even in normal most people will finish it around level 40-45...and jagged wastes caps out at 50. That give you ~15 levels to farm it if you wanted to before heading off to the next difficulty. You really don't need to farm at all to transition to elite, though, at least in my experience. I'm not sure what level they cap out in elite but I believe it's in the 70's or 80's, which give you tons of time to farm for ultimate.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
No idea why you feel the need to defend this shitty implementation when it's obviously not working as intended and will be changed.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I'd rather farm for eyes on Normal since it's faster anyway. You need so many of them if you want to start crafting Mythical relics it's unreal so you'd like to be able to farm for them as painlessly as possible.

Renevent

Cipher
No idea why you feel the need to defend this shitty implementation when it's obviously not working as intended and will be changed.

I'm simply giving you the facts. It's not working well for you guys, yet you still try and farm in normal and hit your head against the wall. It's easy to farm eyes, you have plenty of time to farm them prior to moving to elite, and you don't even need to farm to do fine in elite in the first place (as long as your build isn't retarded).

If crate is going to make it easier or adjust the lvl caps/etc for people who are having trouble that's great too. I was simply trying to help since you are apparently having so much difficulty acquiring them. I personally haven't seen what they are changing but hopefully whatever it is is for the better. Play the game however you want, but I mean to me it looks like you are making things harder for yourself than it has to be.

But you know, do whatever makes you happy (or unhappy, in this case heh).

*edit*

"The cut-off when rare mats stop dropping will be loosened in the future, and the droprate of the esteemed scorpion-cat eyeballs will be increased."

The stop lvl will be loosen, but not removed. The good news is the drop rate will increase, which is nice.

Last edited:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I was already outleveled by the time I realized I needed them, so I didn't even bother trying. Just would've been nice to have the option, rather than having to wait until I reach Jagged Waste in elite again.

I'd rather farm for eyes on Normal since it's faster anyway. You need so many of them if you want to start crafting Mythical relics it's unreal so you'd like to be able to farm for them as painlessly as possible.

The best option would be being able to convert them like you said. Manticores are such a rare mob that just doing the same area over and over and over gets tiresome real fast - with conversion at least you could do runs wherever you wanted and still make some progress.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
Well another way could be to start some other characters and get them to the area in normal, if you got some good lower level gear for them they should be able to farm them swiftly, though you need to play multiplayer to trade them. Wonder why you cannot trade those type of items between characters though, totally unneeded imho.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom