Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Anyone got an Inferno blueprint to trade? I got spare Rampage or Torment BPs in exchange.

Edit: Scratch that, found one finally.

Last edited:

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just got one shot by Thalonis on hardcore veteran with 5.2k health and a 12 point Maiven's on. Wat. Nothing had done more than 1.3k damage to me so far. Should've stacked more chaos resistance I guess.

:butthurt:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Is it just elemental attacks one shotting people who didn't cap resistances? Or are there crazy physical attacks too? Is keeping DA high enough to avoid crits a must?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
There are some overtuned bosses in act 4 true, Loxmere comes to mind. She just one shots me with her Shadow Strike ability (or whatever that teleporting strike's name was). She also has energy burn.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
They seriously gave that to a boss? I was considering building a character around it but it seemed too finicky about bumping into non-targets and cancelling. The damage on a single target is insane though.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
They seriously gave that to a boss? I was considering building a character around it but it seemed too finicky about bumping into non-targets and cancelling. The damage on a single target is insane though.

My bad, I meant a hero. The Thalonis guy 4249 was talking about casts a huge nuke that splits itself and its damage when it lands, but if the big one catches you it's pretty much gg without chaos resistance. Shadow Strike is good for mobility at 1 point, but can't be used as an escape tool because it bumps into mobs and it cancels.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
To be honest I think what killed me was charging in right when he cast that splitting attack and got hit by every single one of them. Nothing he did that far had taken much off my health.

Moink

Cipher
What would be the best combo to go with Sword and board soldier? I'm tempted to just stay pure Soldier since nothing seems to meld very well with it.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
What would be the best combo to go with Sword and board soldier? I'm tempted to just stay pure Soldier since nothing seems to meld very well with it.

There's no reason at all to go pure anything. Even if you can't find anything that melds (how is this possible? Are you even looking?) then pick something out of a hat just to dump some points in the mastery for the stats at least. You'll be running yourself thin otherwise and hurting for stats to use those high end items.

But to answer your question, your first choice is to go Demolitionist. I mean it even has a skill in there that works specifically with a shield, if that shouldn't clue you in enough. But that particular skill sucks so never mind that. Flash Bang is a very good debuff and crowd control. Vindicative Flame is a good buff, especially for tanks. You can put 1 point into Flame Touched and then max out Temper. It gives Armor, Phyiscal Damage% and Internal Trauma%, all useful for Soldiers.

Second choice, and this is a universal answer as it applies to all masteries, is to go with Arcanist. Inner Focus, Mirror of Erectoes and Maiven's Sphere of Protection are that good. This is a better choice than Demo at the moment, but it's pretty vanilla as most people are going with this kind of build.

You could always go Night Blade. Veil of Shadow could be an incredibly useful debuff for tanking. It debuffs OA giving the enemy less crit and hit chance vs you, but best of all it reduces -25% total speed. This is a pretty nasty debuff on the enemy's DPS, especially if you're using a shield. Pneumatic Burst is always good as it heals you and increases your DPS and Blade Barrier is another "oh shit" button like Mirror of Erectoes, except it'll heal you and cause the enemy to take more damage when they hit you. The only down side to it is that you can't move while using it. Can put even one point in Shadow Strike for a 1.5 second stun on a low CD.

Really, there's a lot of different routes you can take.

Padre

Liturgist
I've just killed the final boss on elite difficulty as a Conjurer. Was easier tran normal veteran but still consisted of me running around like a retard. Died only 5 times though. 1 legendary drop in all of elite - empowered shit pants. I swear, this game mocks me.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G925F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Grim Misadventure #88
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30597

What’s next?
We may be reaching the end of the line, but that does not mean we are going to stop improving the game. We still have a few surprises in store for the release itself, but you can look forward to something even sooner than that. We have been busily chipping away at various balance issues and bugs in order to prepare Build 29 Hotfix 4. However this update’s changelog has now grown so big that it has earned the status of a Build.

The update will bring many changes to the existing balance of Masteries, including the complete overhaul of certain skills. We took a look at the balance on Elite and Ultimate and made some adjustments to the overall damage and Offensive and Defensive ability values. You can also look forward to tweaks to Devotion and Legendary items, including the addition of two new Legendary sets and one new weapon. Finally, the Loghorrean encounter has received a tuning pass that should put him more in line with the difficulty you would expect on Normal and Veteran. There's more, but it's really best to save it for the Changelog, which is coming sooner than you think.

You can look forward to Build 30 later this week, with Build 31 rounding out the full release in February.

:yeah:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I doubt that the Arcanist is included since it is the 2nd most polished and tuned mastery out there at this point. Plus it has been getting spit polished ever since it was released, unlike many of the other masteries. I wouldn't mind an overhaul of the Replicating Missile spell, though. That spell sucks ass so hard it's not funny. My money is on Demolitionist and Occultist finally getting brought up to a level where they are worth a damn.

I hope Aracanist will get his teleport. :smug:

Same here but I don't think their engine can handle teleportation...
Some aether wave kind of spell that pushes enemies should be enough in my book. Or an aether/fronzen wall spell?

That's literally Callidor's Tempest with its Transmuter.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I want something like crushing wave(like tsunmai devo) that can be cast from at least mid range. Fire/frost nova spells are nice but they have small radius without good investment and thus not very reliable, especially in elite.

Martius

Liturgist
I wonder how exactly Loghorrean will be balanced. For me it was very tough fight but I am not sure if maybe it was case of playing summoner or just first character which I managed to get that far.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Loghorrean is pretty easy for summoners unless your pets decide not to attack him ( happened me once while helping a friend)
But it is hell for squishy melee characters and some casters. Even my good geared arcanist had a rough time with it. I had to cheese it a bit by opening an rift inside.

They'll probably balance summons and tentacles. his other attacks can be avoided mostly.

Martius

Liturgist
Yeah, attacks are not that bad since they can be avoided but he summons in my opinion too many and too strong monsters, specially since there are already tentacles which cant be killed and will attack if your are near them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom