Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Loghorean himself isn't much of a problem, everything else was. The Chaos Bolt and Chaos Wave that he casts and the rifts that he spawn that home the character are easy to deal with. The not-minotaurs hit like motherfuckers and are the biggest problem.

I want something like crushing wave(like tsunmai devo) that can be cast from at least mid range. Fire/frost nova spells are nice but they have small radius without good investment and thus not very reliable, especially in elite.

Tru. Too many (interesting) types of magic are left at the mercy of devotion procs. I would not care one bit if they'd remove PRM and replace it with some kind of beam wave type spell. As it is, it's just a copy of the Demolitionists Fire Strike with Brmstone. An inferior one at that.

Sykar

Arcane
I doubt that the Arcanist is included since it is the 2nd most polished and tuned mastery out there at this point. Plus it has been getting spit polished ever since it was released, unlike many of the other masteries. I wouldn't mind an overhaul of the Replicating Missile spell, though. That spell sucks ass so hard it's not funny. My money is on Demolitionist and Occultist finally getting brought up to a level where they are worth a damn.

I hope Aracanist will get his teleport. :smug:

Same here but I don't think their engine can handle teleportation...
Some aether wave kind of spell that pushes enemies should be enough in my book. Or an aether/fronzen wall spell?

That's literally Callidor's Tempest with its Transmuter.

I would not mind getting it through an item or component though. Just that it is in the game.

I doubt that the Arcanist is included since it is the 2nd most polished and tuned mastery out there at this point. Plus it has been getting spit polished ever since it was released, unlike many of the other masteries. I wouldn't mind an overhaul of the Replicating Missile spell, though. That spell sucks ass so hard it's not funny. My money is on Demolitionist and Occultist finally getting brought up to a level where they are worth a damn.

I hope Aracanist will get his teleport. :smug:

Same here but I don't think their engine can handle teleportation...
Some aether wave kind of spell that pushes enemies should be enough in my book. Or an aether/fronzen wall spell?

That's literally Callidor's Tempest with its Transmuter.

Too bad that it is pretty bad thanks to its terrible range which does not scale up with ranks, unlike Flash Freeze.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Callidor's Tempest is still better than Flash Freeze, which is a complete noob trap. There's no resist for getting knocked down and that puts it a few notches above OFF in terms uf usability. The freeze duration vs bosses and higher level enemies in general is so puny it might as well not exist. For this same reason skills like Blade Trap, which look awesome on paper (holy shit -50% DA debuff!!), but are shit and useless in practice because bosses will resist the entrapment/stun durations pretty hard.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
I beg to differ. The range is so pitiful that once it is able to hit the enemy you wil have suffered quite some damage already even from melee mobs. Flash Freeze at least has a decent radius either with a couple of set points or with decent gear.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
But that radius doesn't matter when you aren't CCing anyone worth CCing. Trash gets killed fast and should be dead by the time they get to you if you are playing ranged/caster and boss monsters can't be frozen properly due to resists, but some of them can be knocked down and it will always be for the full duration. I do agree that Callidor's range is too small. The transmuter should make it bigger. The main function of Callidor's Tempest is to be the spammy attack for Aether melee characters and the Transmuter turning it into a CC ability on a cooldown. The range should be upped a bit with the transmuter. And if Crate doesn't do it, mods will eventually fix it.

Edit: And hopefully Olexra and Blade Trap get fixed into being more useful abilities while anyone who's in a fixing mood is going through the games balance.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
So summonbros, how do you deal with aggro? I started a Conjurer to try it out but playing it is pretty infuriating. Both of my summons(Hellhound and the less fiery hellhound from shaman) have their taunt abilities, but still a single proc of grasping vines is enough to pull aggro from them. Curse of frailty some times gets a few casts before everyone turns their attention to me. Haven't tried bloody pox or devouring swarm to proc devotion yet, are they any better in this respect?

Sykar

Arcane
But that radius doesn't matter when you aren't CCing anyone worth CCing. Trash gets killed fast and should be dead by the time they get to you if you are playing ranged/caster and boss monsters can't be frozen properly due to resists, but some of them can be knocked down and it will always be for the full duration. I do agree that Callidor's range is too small. The transmuter should make it bigger. The main function of Callidor's Tempest is to be the spammy attack for Aether melee characters and the Transmuter turning it into a CC ability on a cooldown. The range should be upped a bit with the transmuter. And if Crate doesn't do it, mods will eventually fix it.

Edit: And hopefully Olexra and Blade Trap get fixed into being more useful abilities while anyone who's in a fixing mood is going through the games balance.

Besides one mob type in act 4 there was nothing I could not freeze. Duration is very short on bosses but it can interupt some of their bigger attacks. Agreed to the rest.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So summonbros, how do you deal with aggro? I started a Conjurer to try it out but playing it is pretty infuriating. Both of my summons(Hellhound and the less fiery hellhound from shaman) have their taunt abilities, but still a single proc of grasping vines is enough to pull aggro from them. Curse of frailty some times gets a few casts before everyone turns their attention to me. Haven't tried bloody pox or devouring swarm to proc devotion yet, are they any better in this respect?

Just don't attack but even that won't work often.
Most of them enemies focus on you as soon as you cast/attack. Even with CoF.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

There is no dealing with aggro. You just run around in circles while slowing the enemy with whatever spells you have and hope that your pets will finish things up quickly. Don't cast any spells and hope that the enemy wont aggro you. Some enemies will beeline for you regardless, like some of the ghost enemies. They just run past your pets ignoring them and charge for your ass.

Besides one mob type in act 4 there was nothing I could not freeze. Duration is very short on bosses but it can interupt some of their bigger attacks. Agreed to the rest.

As an interrupt it's fine, but as a stun it's kinda crappy. With a 12 point investment the duration is 3,75 seconds. However, lots of boss enemies have high or capped out stun resist, about 80%. That means that your 12 point investment will stun them for a whopping 0,75 seconds. It's disgustingly low and Crate _needs_ to fix this shit. Blade Trap will last 0,6 seconds vs boss monsters, which is arguably the only kind of enemy that this skill would be useful against because vs trash it's just overkill.
Fucking Crate. :mixedemotions:

ArchAngel

Arcane
The summoner is not as fun as Necro was in D2 because of enemy AI. I complained about this multiple times on their forums and devs directly told me this is how they want it.

I think more people should gather and protest together and maybe they will get it how unfun the summoners are. Or just stupid when you don't do anything OR run in circles.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
The summoner is not as fun as Necro was in D2 because of enemy AI. I complained about this multiple times on their forums and devs directly told me this is how they want it.

I think more people should gather and protest together and maybe they will get it how unfun the summoners are. Or just stupid when you don't do anything OR run in circles.

Do you have a link to the thread? I wasn't able to find any concrete and recent information from the devs about it on the official forums.

What I mostly saw there was that it's supposed to be dependant on your damage ouput and that taunts are pretty useless at the moment. But how the fuck does my rank 1 grasping vines constantly get aggro when the ticks do about 1 damage :?. Meh.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Do you have a link to the thread? I wasn't able to find any concrete and recent information from the devs about it on the official forums.

What I mostly saw there was that it's supposed to be dependant on your damage ouput and that taunts are pretty useless at the moment. But how the fuck does my rank 1 grasping vines constantly get aggro when the ticks do about 1 damage :?. Meh.
I looked through my old posts, I could not find their responses anymore. I think they deleted their posts or something.
But it seems from reading this topic nothing major was changed. I know I will no longer be playing pure summoners, totally brain numbing (if you do nothing and just wait for summons to kill stuff) or stupid (if you run around in circles all the time because you cast one non damaging Curse on enemies).

Sykar

Arcane

There is no dealing with aggro. You just run around in circles while slowing the enemy with whatever spells you have and hope that your pets will finish things up quickly. Don't cast any spells and hope that the enemy wont aggro you. Some enemies will beeline for you regardless, like some of the ghost enemies. They just run past your pets ignoring them and charge for your ass.

As an interrupt it's fine, but as a stun it's kinda crappy. With a 12 point investment the duration is 3,75 seconds. However, lots of boss enemies have high or capped out stun resist, about 80%. That means that your 12 point investment will stun them for a whopping 0,75 seconds. It's disgustingly low and Crate _needs_ to fix this shit. Blade Trap will last 0,6 seconds vs boss monsters, which is arguably the only kind of enemy that this skill would be useful against because vs trash it's just overkill.
Fucking Crate. :mixedemotions:

Well except for a very few act bosses and quest monsters this does not change really for either spell. At least I do not have to risk melee range with Flash Freeze.

Renevent

Cipher

-Set pets to aggressive
-Bind pet attack to one of the mouse buttons
-Either let (or send) your pets to attack first and wait a sec for them to hit them a few times
-Use grasping vines/sigil of consumption where pets are attacking
-If a enemy breaks off, immediately issue attack command to that enemy and back away

On my two skills (vines/sigil) I have the two divine pet skills (shepard and forget the other one). Since vines/sigil are AoE/DoT both typically proc every fight and at the same time, and maxed out your are looking at like triple the damage. Everything dies after that, especially after a hound explosion which sometimes hits as hard as 40K dmg. Some enemies want to attack you anyways, like those leeches or big cthonian dudes with 2hd melee weapons, but that's also easily manageable using the above technique.

I am having no problem with this technique and am 3/4 of the way through Ultimate.

Renevent

Cipher
  • Legendary item drop rates have been adjusted based on difficulty. They are now significantly reduced on Normal/Veteran difficulty, remain the same as before on Elite difficulty, and have been increased by about 40% on Ultimate difficulty.
Incoming butt-hurt :D It's a good change, though.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
  • Legendary item drop rates have been adjusted based on difficulty. They are now significantly reduced on Normal/Veteran difficulty, remain the same as before on Elite difficulty, and have been increased by about 40% on Ultimate difficulty.
Incoming butt-hurt :D It's a good change, though.

• Soldier mastery life bonus reduced from 30 per point to 28 while energy has increased from 8 to 10
The only change that I am unhappy about since it takes from something important for my melee warden and gives him something completly unimportant like energy. Really, what do I need energy for? My attack does not use much of it, my 3 auras reserve like 20% of it and thats all. I run with 1500+ unreserved energy all the time. Ive recently sold 1000+ energy potions since I never need them.

Edit: 1k hp less. But 2k dps more at the same time.

And now to check if the Ultimate after changes to it is reasonable.

Last edited:

MrJohnson

Educated
Don't forget bros:

UnlearnNao.png

Renevent

Cipher
New map is excellent, also has some more information as well (such as completed shrines).

p1va9tH.jpg

Last edited:

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Oh no, soldier got nerfed all around... especially shield related passive (was to be expected i guess), add to this a minor nerf to a shield starsign i was using and i went from 89 (?) to 67 block chance... Overall it lost a bit of life and dps all around. The arcanist's shield skill got nerfed too, 25% aborption max now and no missile evasion and worse damage penalty. Guess what my main character is ? A battlemage of curse. A shield-using Warder would be better now i feel. The main reason to go Arcanist was the Maiven's but now Shaman seems the way to go, Primal Bond gives 15% absorption at max level methinks AND adds a ton of other boni not to mention going Shaman will give tons more life from mastery points and the aura and in general more options in build.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
The arcanist's shield skill got nerfed too, 25% aborption max now and no missile evasion and worse damage penalty.

BOOOOOOOOO!
Just when I got used to it...

Edit:
Well, I can live with this.

"Devastation is now truly devastating ( :lol: ) and launches multiple waves of projectiles at intervals over a duration as you fight."

Edit 2:

"Reckless Power and its modifier, Ascendance have been redesigned as Exclusive skills intended for Aether/Fire and Cold/Lightning builds, respectively. Both Exclusive skills are in Tier 9"

with this and new devastation arcanist probably clear screens much more easier, lol.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Blood of Dreeg: cooldown reduced from 24s to 12s, allowing it to be continuously active. %Heal now scales from 15% to 25% by rank 16 and 30% at max ultimate rank and regen scaling reduced slightly
Possession: has been converted into a toggled exclusive buff skill
Sigil of Consumption: radius now scales up with level.

:kfc:

Edit: Holy Carp they added Poison and Acid damage% on Possession. All my other characters got nerfed to the ground but my P/A DEE Occultist got buffed up the fucking roof.

Last edited:

Stompa

Arcane
Constant Blood of Dreeg + Pneumatic Burst, here I come! Good thing I had a poison\acid NB\Occu build going.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom