Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

Sykar

Arcane
tT0JUIw.jpg

I always feel inferior when people post stuff like this. 10K health and 25k damage at lvl 51. On veteran. WTF man. Way to make me feel like I suck.

Also how do you get legendary drops in veteran? The only one I got (it sucked) was from the blob.

Hey my level 56 Sorceress has 3700 HP and my level 75 Warlock has 5k in Elite. Warlock has 15k DPS according to sheet DPS but that's whithout all the resistance reductions I get.

Edit: If you struggle to find gear check this out:

http://grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/One-Shot_Chest

Last edited:

made

Arcane
I always feel inferior when people post stuff like this. 10K health and 25k damage at lvl 51. On veteran. WTF man. Way to make me feel like I suck.

Also how do you get legendary drops in veteran? The only one I got (it sucked) was from the blob.
I play several chars and trade drops back and forth. That mace dropped for one of the others on elite so I gave it to the soldier who was super gimp before. From what I can tell it's one of the best phys. two-handers in the game so he'll go downhill from there anyway.

Don't feel bad, bro, your dick is prolly bigger than mine so it all balances out in the end.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
My level 62 warrior has 4k sheet dps and about 7k hp.

He doesn't die though. Act 3 elite now and just breezing through. Trash mobs die almost instantly and I can just keep rushing in so that's nice, the only downside is terrible single target DPS so bosses take a second longer.

Dumping all character points into Cunning.
If you're softcore it's fine, but it's optimal to dump all att to Physique. You can accomodate for cunning or spirit with gems/devotion

Really?

I'm level 25 right now.

There's no way to reset attribute points, is there?

Guess I will dump all attribute points into Physique then from here on out.

Last edited:
My level 62 warrior has 4k sheet dps and about 7k hp.

He doesn't die though. Act 3 elite now and just breezing through. Trash mobs die almost instantly and I can just keep rushing in so that's nice, the only downside is terrible single target DPS so bosses take a second longer.

My two handed soldier/shaman is pretty much immortal now at lv 58 after i switched blade arc to vines and also took a bunch of life steal devotions, added the twin fangs 20% chance on attack skill to vines too, very useful seeing how many ticks happen in large groups of enemies. Fucking love vines. Also have 8,7k HP and Cadence does over 11k dmg. Got lucky with a weapon though, some pub player shared a legendary 2h axe with me.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
25k damage at lvl 51
Eh. It's a huge overkill for Veteran but honestly I wouldn't say it's super impressive. 25k single target with 3.5s c/d on a blue-purple twink. My Demo's Grenade hits for 8k with 3s c/d - that's a L35 half-yellow character and Grenado is an AoE.
10sRjVM.jpg

Sothpaw

Learned
Really?

I'm level 25 right now.

You can not reset attribute points. You should be fine though. Nothing wrong with dumping some points into cunning especially in softcore. Just dump the rest into phys and you should be fine.

Really?

I'm level 25 right now.

You can not reset attribute points. You should be fine though. Nothing wrong with dumping some points into cunning especially in softcore. Just dump the rest into phys and you should be fine.

Oh, cool...

Didn't want to reroll anyways.

Thanks!

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
What kind of builds can make it through?
Conjurer. Devouring Swarm and pets. Put some points in Curse of Fraility and you'll be pretty much invincible. Definitely get full Bat constellation in Devotions for Twin Fangs (to get even more life leech).

It's somewhat boring all around though. Everything will melt at your approach, sure, but you won't see any huge numbers because your main attack is basically a spammable DoT.

What kind of builds can make it through?
Conjurer. Devouring Swarm and pets. Put some points in Curse of Fraility and you'll be pretty much invincible. Definitely get full Bat constellation in Devotions for Twin Fangs (to get even more life leech).

It's somewhat boring all around though. Everything will melt at your approach, sure, but you won't see any huge numbers because your main attack is basically a spammable DoT.

Yeah, I prefer a fun build as opposed to a boring unkillable toon. I was considering a Pyromancer or Demolitionist too though.

I've dumped 25 points in cunning and 33 in physique so far with my current tank that doesn't even use a shield and I don't feel lack of physique at all so far.

I've dumped 25 points in cunning and 33 in physique so far with my current tank that doesn't even use a shield and I don't feel lack of physique at all so far.

I've got all 27 of my attribute points into Cunning and I figured that it would increase my melee DPS that I combine with magic missiles as my primary attack, while spamming sky shards on every cooldown.

Problem I have run into (Act 2 Veteran), even after maxing Military Conditioning, is the constant spamming of pots to stay alive.

This has become the norm for even trash mobs; hero NPC's I have to kite and sky shard away - if they get too close I die.

Unlike Diablo 2 or even Titan Quest IIRC, Grim Dawn's pot cooldown for both hp and mana is way longer to prevent spamming.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Yeah, I prefer a fun build as opposed to a boring unkillable toon. I was considering a Pyromancer or Demolitionist too though.
Arcanist is fun - freezing whole rooms with Olexra never gets old. Demo is probably the strongest of all masteries - damage potential is through the roof so you can mostly focus on defensive Devotions for extra HP and DA.

Sothpaw

Learned
I've got all 27 of my attribute points into Cunning and I figured that it would increase my melee DPS that I combine with magic missiles as my primary attack, while spamming sky shards on every cooldown.

Problem I have run into (Act 2 Veteran), even after maxing Military Conditioning, is the constant spamming of pots to stay alive.

This has become the norm for even trash mobs; hero NPC's I have to kite and sky shard away - if they get too close I die.

Unlike Diablo 2 or even Titan Quest IIRC, Grim Dawn's pot cooldown for both hp and mana is way longer to prevent spamming.

Under no circumstances should you need to max Military Conditioning in veteran, and probably not at any point of the game. Also, you should focus your damage type more. Physical and magical damage won't work well together so choose one or the other. If you are having trouble surviving then max Maiven's Sphere asap, but if you just max out your main damage skill you shouldn't have any trouble in veteran (or elite for that matter) whatsoever.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Anyone who got lategame in HC who wants to trade legendaries etc. ?

Or is everyone in the thread scrubcore? :lol:

Last edited:
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've been playing a bit recently and got a lv55 Soldier/Shaman (or druid or whatever). I have a little trouble when I run into a pack of 5 heroes on elite, but otherwise my guy does fine. I'm noticing that I'm leveling way slower in elite than I was in normal or normal + veteran, is that to be expected?

Sothpaw

Learned
I've been playing a bit recently and got a lv55 Soldier/Shaman (or druid or whatever). I have a little trouble when I run into a pack of 5 heroes on elite, but otherwise my guy does fine. I'm noticing that I'm leveling way slower in elite than I was in normal or normal + veteran, is that to be expected?

You get 50+ levels in veteran out of 85 total so yes, it does slow down. I hit 85 in Act 2 or 3 Ultimate.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
10K health and 25k damage at lvl 51. On veteran. WTF man. Way to make me feel like I suck.

That's from Rebuke, which is a 500% damage attack. His per-hit looks to max out at 5k non-crit. Which is reasonable for a Soldier build.

If you want to see funky DPS numbers, go dual-wielder. On a ranged dual-wielder (which has less DPS than melee pretty much by definition), you can pull off 37k DPS without optimal gear.

I have a little trouble when I run into a pack of 5 heroes on elite, but otherwise my guy does fine. I'm noticing that I'm leveling way slower in elite than I was in normal or normal + veteran, is that to be expected?

You're not, actually. The BoC monsters on normal/veteran just give enormous amounts of experience. In particular, the leeches and the walking rocks. This is when compared to standard Act I/II/III content on elite. If you want to, keep farming veteran BoC until lvl 60-65, then switch to Elite. The main advantage to switching early is getting more of your Devotion constellations filled out ASAP. And for the quest/faction experience.

No good - you've mentioned two separate skills, neither of which use Cunning for anything but OA. If you're mainly melee, fine, but otherwise every attribute from now on should go Phys or Spirit.

Don't, uhh, get too close. If you're an Arcanist, your favorite positioning should be a screen away, raining hell. If they get close, pop an MoE and bug-out.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom