Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I do wish the location of the "hidden" caves would stay on your map once you enter them. Its a pain to remember where they are sometimes.
Normally those 'hidden' ones have 'randomly' placed locations per session. But yeah, it would be cool if there was a map indicator like for the other ones.

Aren't they just per character? I swear they are in the same place from when I went though the game on veteran.
I learned about it when I was looking up places to farm for ancient hearts because I got low on them. Here's a thread to that article with a picture showing one example of a 'hidden cave' that changes places each session (or could be in the same place next session, it's random).

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=283526

Edit: I forgot to post the article.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Yeah I know how to find them. Its just that it would be nice if they stayed marked on the map after you find them.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Aren't they just per character? I swear they are in the same place from when I went though the game on veteran.
Sadly no, they're not. The random caves/portals all have from 3-5 possible spawn points which change every session. I do sort of wish they showed up on the minimap though.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
From what I remember the last time I played this game like nine months ago, you can fairly easily either memorize the potential spawn points and mark them yourself, or else consult a reference image someone's knocked together.

Aruil

Educated
Patron
What are your resistances like? I was raging pretty hard on the last act elite until I workes on my resistances. Generally, it's worth it to sacrifice dps for survivability on elite onwards.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
So I hit the wall. Lvl 73 on elite heading north out of Fort Ikon. It was a good run but I'm done.

Did you try trading with someone? Sometimes an item or two can make all the difference.

I'm not stuck. I can handle all the bosses and mobs and whatnot. Just burned out. I don't know how people can go through this 3 times.

What are your resistances like? I was raging pretty hard on the last act elite until I workes on my resistances. Generally, it's worth it to sacrifice dps for survivability on elite onwards.

All around 40%-70%. No real problem there except that gollum guy who always poisons me to death.

At level 73 on Elite?

Yeah I was lvl 56 after veteran and I have a compulsion to reveal the entire map so there is a lot of xp. Did all the quests and some bounties to get a couple of factions bonuses.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Try a different build.

Seriously, it makes a big difference. I have no idea how many times I've run Cronley's or the Bastion of Chaos, but hundreds is a fair estimate. Any time it gets really tiring, I try to build a character around a different skill/devotion combo.

You can even take a shortcut by downloading the lvl 85 blank characters from the GD forums. Twink them out with your best gear, and try stuff out.

duanth123

Arcane
http://steamspy.com/app/219990

Owners: 369,009 ± 15,287
Players in the last 2 weeks: 125,217 ± 8,909 (33.93%)
Players total: 351,904 ± 14,929 (95.36%)
Peak concurrent players yesterday: 7,675
I really hope Crate realizes their plans for an expansion; the game could really benefit from a bit more narrative/world-building content (just no fucking desert levels.)

ArchAngel

Arcane
I hope they manage to funnel some of that money into proper MP with dedicated servers. MP at the moment is a lottery if it works well for everyone that wants to play together.

Is there some way to cheat to get full respec yet? I'd like to change a mastery of one char and fuck if I'm gonna making him over, I waste enough time on this stupid game as it is.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
http://steamspy.com/app/219990

Owners: 369,009 ± 15,287
Players in the last 2 weeks: 125,217 ± 8,909 (33.93%)
Players total: 351,904 ± 14,929 (95.36%)
Peak concurrent players yesterday: 7,675
I really hope Crate realizes their plans for an expansion; the game could really benefit from a bit more narrative/world-building content (just no fucking desert levels.)
the ending being 'WELL THERES SEVERAL FACTIONS OF BAD GUYS WHO WANT TO FUCK UP THE WORLD, BUT YOU MANAGED TO STOP AT LEAST ONE OF THEM, HERO' when there's still the capital and all other kinds of places in Cairn we haven't discovered yet, kind of left me on a sour note

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
You craft a Relic of which you can buy the blueprint from the devil's crossing faction vendor.

There are a few epics that enable that as well, gunslinger's coat and marauder's belt are the ones i can think of.

Last edited:

Thanks, this also allowed me to set max zoom to a higher value.

2CF0E8CFCC05B28A4043628DB202A8270E20BAC9

Sykar

Arcane

Thanks, this also allowed me to set max zoom to a higher value.

2CF0E8CFCC05B28A4043628DB202A8270E20BAC9

I will never in my life understand why developers so often refuse to give players an appropiate zoom level. It's so damn annoying when enemies can shoot and charge at you off screen and your own skills can be shot outside of your field of vision.

Yep that's one of my main issues with a lot of top down games nowadays. Even when I tried Diablo II in 720p res, with the the way 2D games handle resolution increase, not only did the assets looked better but the actual gameplay was so much more enjoyeable with a higher field of view. Fallout 1/2 are other games that I strongly prefer with a higher resolution and scroll/pathfinding limits turned off.

kryminator

Augur
what's the difference between + x% All Damage and + x% Total Damage?

for example, in constellation descriptions here:
http://grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Constellation
some constellations feature the former and some the latter (I didnt check how it works but from logical point of view it seems pretty much the same)

another question: does that +x% all dmg mean +x% to fire dmg and +x% cold dmg and +x% physical dmg and so on?

Last edited:

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
+ x% All damage is just an additive bonus to all the damage types. Like elemental damage is for fire/ice/lightning for example. Total damage modified by % is calculated from the total damage after all other bonuses. So let's say you have 100 flat fire damage, get +50% from spirit, +100% to fire damage and +75% all damage and total damage modified by 25%. This would be calculated like 100 * (1 + .5 + 1 + .75) * (1 + .25).

There is no +x% total damage anymore, since B30. The wiki must have not been properly updated since then.

gestalt11

Arbiter
what's the difference between + x% All Damage and + x% Total Damage?

for example, in constellation descriptions here:
http://grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Constellation
some constellations feature the former and some the latter (I didnt check how it works but from logical point of view it seems pretty much the same)

another question: does that +x% all dmg mean +x% to fire dmg and +x% cold dmg and +x% physical dmg and so on?

That is a little tricky but All Damage is multiplicative and Total Damage is simply +X to each type. So if you look at Maiven's Sphere of protection the -10% to All Damage means you literally do 10% less damage than if you did not have it on. Generally All Damage is fairly rare basically being limited to extreme skills like MSP or on various skill transmuters. Their intent is to not get easily nullified by "normal" damage bonuses. So if you take a transmuter that removes a CD or something you almost always have a penalty on All Damage so that the tradeoff is obvious you will be doing some fraction of what you could be doing in exchange for the change in behavior.

I never noticed any constellations having anything but Total Damage but I may have missed something.

Once upon a time MSP simply used Total Damage, but the additive nature of this made it impossible to balance them right so they switched to this split system during EA.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom