Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

Hobo Elf

Arcane
My problem with PoE combat was how impotent it felt due to the weak SFX. This is not the case in GD where the punches feel like they have weight behind them. Hitting an enemy feels like your blow is connecting in a gratifying way, unlike the pathetic "thud" sound in PoE.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
My problem with PoE combat was how impotent it felt due to the weak SFX. This is not the case in GD where the punches feel like they have weight behind them. Hitting an enemy feels like your blow is connecting in a gratifying way, unlike the pathetic "thud" sound in PoE.
This + dat physix.

Multi-headed Cow

They've stated that they're planning to release Act 3 sometime around February, which will be pretty close to the final release.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/219990/discussions/0/617319460930334725/

With this update complete, we are now full-steam ahead on releasing the first part of Act 3, which is expected to go live by the end of January. The first chapter of Act 3 will introduce you to new locations, characters and challenging content.

:dead:

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
For those of us not willing to dredge through their forums for answers, can someone explain how this game is not yet finished?

Ivan

Arcane
Improved tilesets, veteran mode added, skill tree forks added, runes added, new class, new class specific weapons, fucking coop, fucking differentiated loot drops for each player. all before Act 3. honestly though, it doesn't even matter. the game, as it stands, is already badass.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
That sounds pretty cool. I just don't want to play it before the third act comes out because I'm scared I'll get burned out on it before release. I'm currently experiencing that with Dead State. I played it a lot during beta and now that it's full release I don't feel any compulsion to play it again.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's why I don't bother with Early Access games if it is not to support the the developers. I bought Underrail and Age of Decadence with no intention to play until final release. (I did this based on Codex posts and checking out articles and some gameplay videos.)

I did the same with this game and Invisible Inc, but that was because I liked what the developers had previously worked on.

Then, there's all those Kickstarter games that inevitably get early access.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
There have been no "savegame breaking" between builds, AFAIK. A lot of things have changed, but I've been able to keep my old character.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
So the first part of Act 3 got released yesterday:

Act 3 Chapter 1 now available with Build 23!

At long last we're ready to liven up your holiday season with the first segment of Act 3. This stretch of levels will take you from Smugglers Pass to Deadman's Gulch, into the Mountain Deeps and beyond to the gates of Homestead. With these new areas to explore, the player level cap has been raised to 40.

Also included is an expansive side-region with additional questing through the Pine Barrens, Jagged Waste and Tyrant's Hold, plus other secrets.

You will be able to secure the riftgate outside of Homestead, although you cannot yet enter the town. However, the second chapter of Act 3 is already nearing completion and we expect to release it by mid-March or earlier.

B23 also contains additional item art, improvements, fixes and balancing changes. Check the change log below for more details.

v0.3.1.2 (b23)

[Major New Features]
  • The first chapter of Act 3 is now available! You can cross beyond Voldrak's lair in Smuggler's Pass and venture beyond into the lands leading up to Homestead.
  • With this release, the level cap has been increased to 40

[Art]
  • Updated art on Sparkbolt Arbalest & Maw of The Beast

[Tech]
  • Fixed lost casts at fast cast speeds while holding down mouse button
  • Added Off-hand DPS comparisons when dual-wielding weapons
  • Fixed instances where DPS comparisons were not accurate when calculating item skill auras
  • Pet attack command now works for all players in multiplayer.
  • Dropping a stack of items onto the secondary inventory sack buttons now correctly transfers stacks.
  • Selecting a blueprint in the Crafting UI will now highlight the relevant reagents in your inventory.
  • Linking items from the Crafting UI to chat is now possible. (Shift click item with chat window open)

[Game]
  • Rift Scourge are now easier to hit with ranged skills
  • New lore has been added to Act 2

[Itemization]
  • A new item type has been introduced: Augments. Augments come in the form of powders, meticulously crafted enchantments, tinctures and poisons used to empower your weapons, rings and necklaces with additional stats. You can earn an Augment during an Act 3 quest, but otherwise they are acquired from Faction Vendors (coming soon).
  • Elementium has been redesigned into two epic quality shields. The design of Elementium and its visual appearance told conflicting stories and we felt they were better served as separate items.
  • Elementium has been renamed to Spiriteater Bulwark. The Vitality resistance was reduced as it was very high for normal difficulty, but the shield now features additional appealing stats.
  • A new epic shield named Elementium, appropriate for hybrid elemental fighters, has been added
  • Reduced the bonus physical damage on Golemfist Gavel
  • Increased the 3-piece set bonus on Maiven's Sanctuary to 22% elemental damage, up from 15%
  • Caster weapons can no longer generate affixes (Magic and Rare) that provide bonuses for Physical, Pierce, Trauma and Bleed damage types
  • 4 new Rare Prefixes and 4 new Rare Suffixes have been added for Shields to support hybrid caster playstyles
  • Slighty increased the drop rate of blueprints from bosses and heroes. The boss chests in Alkamos' treasure room now have an additional chance to drop blueprints. In addition, some side-bosses now have a bonus chance to drop blueprints for equipment.
  • Increased the drop rate of blueprints for set items
  • The following relics now require a Manticore Eye instead of an Ancient Heart or Tainted Brain Matter: Deathchill, Savagery and Slaughter
  • Increased the energy regeneration on the component Ectoplasm to 1.0. This component can now also be applied to helms.
  • The Ranger's Badge blueprint now requires a Bristly Fur in addition to a Frozen Heart
  • Consumables which grant resistances (ex. Flamedrinker Ointment) now gives 20% resistance + 5% to maximum resist, instead of 10% resistance + 20% increased resistance
  • Reduced the scaling cost of Dismantling (down to 650 from 825 for a level 35 item)
  • Increased the drop rate of Blood of Ch'thon from Ch'thonic Hero monsters

[Class & Skills]
  • Transmuters no longer benefit from + Skill items, allowing you to carefully control what level you want to invest in for the Transmuters that have multiple levels

Demolitionist
  • Stun Jacks: Reduced the projectile spread on the bonus projectiles added by the modifier Full Spread

Nightblade
  • Fixed an issue with the Blade Spirit not scaling with Pet bonuses

Arcanist
  • Increased damage scaling on Sky Shard and its modifier Frozen Core

Deleted member 7219

Will wait for the whole thing. I own the game, picked it up a while back when it was on sale, but I don't want to beta test it.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
^ Grim Dawn already feels like a complete game... has felt like that for a while actually, better than most fully released games. Well, as complete as you can call a game that's still missing part of it's content. :P

Last edited:

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
I've already put almost 70 hours to the different states of the alpha. The game is like crack to me, just like Titan Quest was. Probably waiting till the whole shebang gets released though now.

Martius

Liturgist
^ Grim Dawn already feels like a complete game... has felt like that for a while actually, better than most fully released games. Well, as complete as you can call a game that's still missing part of it's content. :P
Well, It felt complete for me until I found sign saying "Thats finished content so far. Remember to check later!". So far I am checking other classes and trying not to play too much since I want to see what will be added later.

It's at -50% now. Got it and decided to put it away and wait for release, i'v had an itch that neither diablo 3 nor torchlight 2 could scratch, so i have high hopes for this one. Titan Quest despite it's obvious flaws was a solid game.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Would have grabbed it for $4 Russian but since no cross region trading now... will wait until it's finished... and 75%. Don't care if it's 'basically' finished or 'oh so close' or 'maybe in 2016.' They'll get my money at sub $10 or actual release.

I stalk the night
Patron
Yeah they decided to expand the game from the original plans after gettin' lots of moniez.

I'm not too sure if I'm too happy about that though, seeing how the game has turned out so far. My expectations were really high when I first played the alpha with just the first act of the game. It didn't deliver in any way on the promises of having a semi open world and multiple factions with Choices and Consequences™, but the gameplay was fun. And then Act 2 and the first part of Act 3 were pretty much the same stuff. Still very linear, still no faction interaction. The first part of Act 3 actually felt even more bland for me than Act 2, but I think they're still going to work on it. So if the stuff we've seen so far is the best they can muster, I would prefer a more compact and focused experience. I'm guessing that the Homestead area and the upcoming faction rework will improve upon these aspects, but seeing what they've delivered so far I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They're taken so long they've missed the arpg craze by years now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom