Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

Sykar

Arcane
I am using it quite sucessfully in elite right now. PRM + devastation. Works pretty good.

I like quirky builds instead of the fotm cookie cutters, and like I said, it's bound to be buffed at some point I guess. So far I'm enjoying myself, playing battlemage :P

It's a decent ARPG, better than Path of Exile, and abit worse than D3 in terms of production values. D3 is still better, but I'm tired of that game long ago.

No.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Yeah I know. I really don't like D3, but objectively, it's still somewhat better.

In its current state, if I picked it up, I would probably like it more than Grim Dawn. THat said, there are definitely some cool things that D3 doesn't have. Overall, though. The polish and production quality is just that much higher because.. well

It's fucking Blizzard.
Only objective thing is that you are are
dumbfuck.gif

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Plenty of plenty of butthurt. Tasty. Thanks for that, really
Must be hard, being an autist, and not being able to deal with other people having a different opinion from you. Ah.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Must be hard, being an autist, and not being able to deal with other people having a different opinion from you. Ah.

Is that so?
All this fagtalk.

GIVE US EPISDE 8 FUR FUHKS SAKE

People who believe the prequels were better than this new installment, should be shot in the face, injected with AIDS and cancer, and kept alive long enough to endure years of torture and suffering.

Unfathomably retarded to think the prequels were anything but pure perfected shit never to be topped by any film.

Jeeez

272 pages, and you fags are still butthurt

Posting in the butthurt SW thread.

EPISODE 8 HYPE.

Production has started. Dis gonnel 'b GUD

Shit thread still shit I see.

Please permanent ban for Havoc. This massive strong autist faggot needs to kill himself.

What a shit review, and what a massive fat autistic faggot..

More shitposting.. bla blblblblbalblalbalbal

Boring and predictable. Ah yes, *sigh*.. :D Keep it up guys, admirable.

Yup, must be true.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I was calmly and quietly stating my opinions, until you fags started being butthurt and autistic angry that I don't share the hivemand circlejerk opinion on everythng. If anything, you all should have tags, strong autism tags.

I already said I liked Grim Dawn alot, playing it right now, but obviously it doesn't have same polish as D3, because it's not Blizzard. Nobody is.

Sykar

Arcane
I was calmly and quietly stating my opinions, until you fags started being butthurt and autistic angry that I don't share the hivemand circlejerk opinion on everythng. If anything, you all should have tags, strong autism tags.

I already said I liked Grim Dawn alot, playing it right now, but obviously it doesn't have same polish as D3, because it's not Blizzard. Nobody is.

What polish? When it comes to graphics GD eats D3 alive despite the much lower budget. Sound and music? Subjective but I like GD better in that regard. Gameplay and character custmization? About equal in terms of gameplay not really a big difference though GD has much more interesting item choices for character customization. What else? Story? Both have roughly the same premise though having two enemy factions make thinks slightly more interesting. Furthermore GD doesn't insult my intelligence by constantly telling me what an awesome Nephalem err Taken I am. In fact few really care much about you playing a Taken or know about it.
Videos? Yeah well you watch those once and then forget about them since D3s story progression is plain retarded.

Nael

Arcane
So what's up with the
fanboy.png
tag? I have found that people with that tag are distinctly petulant.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Oh, it has C&C, yeah, that'll explain it, I understand now. Sorry for bothering you, please to continue your vs matches.

Suiboon

Novice
Been playing this game quite a bit now since I bought it from the Steam summer sale (for a measly 25% discount). Some early'ish impressions:

I like the idea of dual classing and the way leveling works (liked it in Titan Quest as well), but the skills themselves seem a bit boring to me. And some of them are clearly underpowered compared to others (but I suspect patching will fix some). I like that there's more variation with builds with the devotion system. I'm not sure if it's implemented that well, though. Takes some learning at least, but since you can reset the points I suppose it doesn't matter too much.

My biggest 'issue' with Grim Dawn is that a playthrough takes such a long time and leveling is quite slow as well. If the game world was a little smaller but better designed and leveling was a tad faster, it would probably be more fun to play.

The story is kind of meh, I find myself often skipping dialogue and not reading the lore. It is much better than Diablo 3's cartoony bullshit though. I also turned off the game audio after a few hours and just listen to something else while playing (the way I usually play these kinds of games), and I don't think I'm missing much, but maybe I'm wrong. I'll turn it back on if I decide to play multiplayer at some point.

Can't comment much about itemization since I'm not very far in (not quite level 40 yet), but so far it seems decent. I'm not a huge fan of the vast amount of different types of stuff items can have on them and the inventory cluttering crap you can bolt on items, but again, might be just a matter of getting used to it.

Also maybe I just suck but Grim Dawn seems to be a lot harder than D3, which is kind of refreshing. Overall it's doing something right since I'm spending my time on it, but I don't know how long I will be entertained by it.

jungl

Augur
This game was inferior to titan quest which is fucking sad because its from the same developers and 5 years in development or something.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
This game was inferior to titan quest which is fucking sad because its from the same developers and 5 years in development or something.

Eh, GD overall pacing is better. TQ is bloated beyond all sense. Some mods only make the game even more bloated. At least original Grim Dawn was quite fun as is.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Lol this game is fucking bugged.

Turned in quest, and saw I got an Iskandra's relic recipe.. instead it turns out of was eye of the fucking niggerstorm shaman shit item.. WTF? give me my fucking arcanist relic u piec eof shit game

That's it, I guess it's time to cheat and use a trainer. I also crashed like 3 times, shitty engine.

other than that, I'm having fun in Ultimate on my PRM/devastate battlemage arcanist

ArchAngel

Arcane
Lol this game is fucking bugged.

Turned in quest, and saw I got an Iskandra's relic recipe.. instead it turns out of was eye of the fucking niggerstorm shaman shit item.. WTF? give me my fucking arcanist relic u piec eof shit game

That's it, I guess it's time to cheat and use a trainer. I also crashed like 3 times, shitty engine.

other than that, I'm having fun in Ultimate on my PRM/devastate battlemage arcanist
I am not having any crashes with it except sometimes when I quit the game. Get a proper computer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom