Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire avatars!

Atomic

Augur
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
We should all change our avatar for one of his to show our appreciation to Cleve.

Nickless

Educated
When you have an I.Q. above 160 and a superior grasp of computer programming, such skills are easily transferable to the field neuro-linguistic programming; after all, the human mind is only an organic computer with superior software. If Cleve is only half so great as he says he is, he'd have manipulated the artist into doing it all pro-bono. I'm sure the manboon artist wasn't even aware he did this work for Cleve, such tricks of the mind are possible when you're the Übermensch, or Derren Brown.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
MisterStone said:
So, Cleve, how much did you pay for these masterpieces of fantasy realism?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore said:
DarkUnderlord said:
http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=1230898#1230898

This guy is posting copyrighted artwork ripped from screenshots off the website. I think he should be banned, since this clearly violates the rules on the forum.
You totally stole the Dragon artwork from a D&D beginner's box version so think of it as karma.
That screen shot was sent to me in good faith by a contractor nearly six years ago. I paid $200.00 for it. I had no idea that was copyrighted artwork.

You're without question the sorriest scumbags that ever got behind a keyboard. Without question the worst site on the internet, run by the worst people. This is why you didn't get an interview from me and you never will.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
You're without question the sorriest scumbags that ever got behind a keyboard. Without question the worst site on the internet, run by the worst people. This is why you didn't get an interview from me and you never will.
Sounds like praise to me.

hanssolo

Educated
GD is the most comprehensive interview with Cleve that will ever be made anyway..

MisterStone

Arcane
DarkUnderlord said:
MisterStone said:
So, Cleve, how much did you pay for these masterpieces of fantasy realism?

DarkUnderlord said:
http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=1230898#1230898

This guy is posting copyrighted artwork ripped from screenshots off the website. I think he should be banned, since this clearly violates the rules on the forum.
You totally stole the Dragon artwork from a D&D beginner's box version so think of it as karma.
That screen shot was sent to me in good faith by a contractor nearly six years ago. I paid $200.00 for it. I had no idea that was copyrighted artwork.

:smug:

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Kosmonaut said:
http://www.grimoiresystems.com.au/geforum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2

F88n4.png

Calvin Barkmore said:
Anyone who is suspected to be from RPGCodex or a regular poster on RPGCodex or has a recognized user name from RPGCodex will be banned outright permanently from posting to this forum. No exceptions to this rule.

The butthurt is off the scale with this one. :smug:

Angthoron

Arcane
Woops, wrong thread.

Fun read anyway.

Out of curiosity, does he even have non-Codexers interested in Grimoire?

Mortmal

Arcane
Everyone should get an uber grimoire avatar! everyone! for at least a week.
Yiff yiff!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Mortmal said:
Yiff yiff!

I would but they are all mainly shitty female avatars. Where are the sexy men?

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Jaesun said:
Mortmal said:
Yiff yiff!

Well, considering this is the Codex, they were probably men before they became women.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Lavoisier said:
Jaesun said:
Mortmal said:
Yiff yiff!

Well, considering this is the Codex, they were probably men before they became women.

:lol:

That is quite true.

MisterStone

Arcane
To memorialize Cleve's epic butthurtedness (and perhaps even up it a notch), can we finally give him the Calvin Barkmore avatar he has deserved for so long?

Mortmal

Arcane
He definitively deserves it, remove the ubermesnch tag and fallout copyright infrengement avatar give him the well deserved Calvin Barkmore. I cant believe he ask to perma ban a codexer, with all the advertisement we are giving to his game for free.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Cleve Blakemore said:
I'm going through Google Ads now. I contacted them last night and am waiting for them to get back to me. They have asked me for proof I am the copyright holder over the digital artwork you are distributing and using on the forum.

They will not sponsor or permit their ad banners to be linked to sites involved in piracy or copyright violations involving digital content.

I promise you if you don't remove my content I am going to work my way through every single one of your advertisers and make sure nobody will allow you to link to their banner pool.

Email: cleveblakemore@hotmail.com

DarkUnderlord said:
Enjoy your lawsuit from Wizards of the Coast over the copyrighted artwork you blatantly stole from them. What about the other copyrighted artwork that's in your game? Maybe that's the real reason you've not released it?
You sound too stupid for me to be corresponding with. I'm assuming the same rocket scientist who made you a forum moderator is also the genius who made an idiot like SolaInvictus the Web Master.

Trust me, I am going to smash you. When I get finished with you there won't be an advertiser who will allow you to post their banners.

"Good luck with your lawsuit with Wizards of the Coast." There's no copyrighted artwork in my game anywhere, asshole. That splash screen was there as a placeholder and I have a contract that shows I got that from a third party who misrepresented that work as his own. He was a lying, degenerate scumbag just like you are.

You're an idiot. Which obviously means you're the intellectual cream of the crop on RPGCodex. I hope your boss is smart enough to figure out how bad this is going to get for him.

P.S. Tomorrow I am speaking with one of your advertisers long distance on the phone. I already got a reply and he will speak to me in person.

DarkUnderlord said:
Cleve, we know the last time you did this with Rex, you got the most hits you've ever gotten on your website and more attention for your non-existant vapourware than you'd ever have gotten from simply releasing it.

Your attempts to stir up controversy over a non-existant issue is only meant to gain attention for you and your game.

DarkUnderlord said:
You're not very good at staying on topic. You're all over the place. It's like you have trouble concentrating on the subject.

We're not talking about Rex or Wizards of the Coast or some ulterior motive I have to "get more hits" on my web site.

I guess you're not taking me seriously. You have my unique, copyrighted digital media on your website which you are distributing as part of the promotion of your forum by providing people with avatars which are portraits lifted from my game. This game has not been published yet, so fair use doesn't apply.

I can and will destroy you. When I am done with you, there will be nobody advertising on your site and you will find that once set in motion, it's a very hard thing to reverse. Try appealing to Google Ads to get back into their banner pool once I have you blacklisted with them. It will take years and it is unlikely you will ever get cleared by them for inclusion again.

Just keep my media up there and see what is going to happen to you and your site.

I'll be speaking with one of your advertisers later today. You can expect to hear from him shortly.
Dear Mr. Blakemore,

This is the third abusive and threatening piece of correspondence we have received from you. You initially demanded that a user be banned for linking to a screenshot posted on your own website. This demand of yours was of course quite absurd and was rightly ignored by us.

However, over a period of two days you have continued to insult and abuse us, including:
  • "I got you by the balls, asshole."
  • "You're an idiot. Which obviously means you're the intellectual cream of the crop on RPGCodex."
  • "Serves you right. You scumbags don't even deserve sponsors."
  • "You're without question the sorriest scumbags that ever got behind a keyboard. Without question the worst site on the internet, run by the worst people. This is why you didn't get an interview from me and you never will."
  • "He was a lying, degenerate scumbag just like you are."
Not satisfied with just this, you have now threatened and begun to blackmail us:
  • "Trust me, I am going to smash you."
This is obviously a threat against my person. Please be aware that the Codex takes these matters seriously. I am hereby formally demanding you cease and desist sending your abusive and threatening letters to the Codex. We will not tolerate your attempts at blackmail. Furthermore, the Codex has no interest in an interview with you.

Should you ignore this request, I am formally warning you that we will take the matter up with the appropriate authorities.

If you wish to continue this discussion, please provide us with your current mailing address so that our solicitors may contact you.

Yours sincerely,

DarkUnderlord.

DarkUnderlord said:
You're a clown.

I'm talking to the person who provides your web hosting.

I am in the process of providing formal documentation to prove I am the legal holder of copyright to four of your advertisers.

We'll see who is going to win here, you pathetic jerkoff. Let's just see.

Don't bother replying, you're small fry. I don't need to speak to you anymore.
But you on the other hand, apparently feel the need to keep talking to me.

DarkUnderlord said:
What did I say to you, clown?

I don't need to hear from you. I'm done with you.

If you write me back, include your real name instead of that dorky alias. You know who I am, but I don't know who you are. If you're not scared of me, let me know who I am really talking to. I don't expect you are going to do that because I know more about you than you know about yourself.
My real name's been posted on this forum for the last 8 years. If you had any investigative skills what-so-ever, you would've found it by now. Happy hunting.

DarkUnderlord said:
Amazing, you didn't give me your real name.

It's like I knew what you were going to do before you knew what you were going to do.
Cleve, you couldn't predict the direction of a moving train.

> As for who is promoting whom, I think that you have things very much mixed
> up. Last I checked, RPG Codex was a news website promoting your game and
> giving you exposure, not the other way around. Of course, I'm certain that
> given your obviously hostile attitude and actions, the owners of that
> website will be more than happy to make sure that your game is never
> mentioned, promoted or in any way supported again. I wouldn't be surprised
> if they went as far as organizing an RPG community-wide boycott of your game
> considering the way that you are biting the hand that feeds you. So you may
> want to reconsider your position.

RPGCodex has no credibility anywhere on the internet with anyone. It houses a collection of transsexuals, drug addicts and social outcasts who have probably never played an RPG that they didn't steal. Total profit loss for offending RPGCodex is zero. The unemployable thieves, human refuse and outcasts that frequent the Codex could not organize a bowel movement, much less a "boycott" of any game. Their opinion has no weight with anybody on the planet.

That's the reason you have no mainstream advertisers for the game industry on that site, because it is not regarded as a web site of sufficient calibre to warrant their money. They know as I do that there is no potential audience of any merit to be found there.

I have reconsidered my position. I'd like to ask you to tell the moderators to effectively censor the word "Grimoire" to prevent it from even being entered on the news page, in the forum and in any comments. I'd like specifically for what you described to happen - that RPGCodex never promote or even mention my game or me in any way, shape or form ever again.

They can start by removing my portraits.

> And again, RPG Codex is not my site, just in case this wasn't clear by now.
> So you are barking up the wrong tree with your legal threats.

Just keep stalling and see how hard it is to stop me once I set things in motion. Until my digital artwork comes down off your site, I will continue working through each one of your advertisers until all of them have banned you from their link pools.

I can stick to this goal for years. I've proved that by working on the same game for over a decade. Think you've got as much willpower as I do? You just keep stalling and I'll destroy any advertising revenues for you, permanently. You won't be able to afford to maintain the site when I am finished.

I gather you still think I'm bluffing so just keep twiddling your fingers.

I will write you one final time, then I will stop responding to your emails altogether and you won't be able to contact me or even negotiate with me for the coming decade. I will hound your advertisers around the clock until they give in.

Regards,
Cleve Blakemore
9:00 Central Brisbane Time, 15 July 2010

DriacKin

Arbiter
Cleve said:
I can stick to this goal for years. I've proved that by working on the same game for over a decade.
This made me lol the most.
That entire conversation was pure gold. :thumbsup:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom